Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Raign

Golden Squire
Crafting can eat a huge dick in this game. I'm likely to just ignore that entire portion of it because I refuse to be arsed with fuddling around with my inventory for 45 minutes every time I want to bake a pie.
Just look at the list on page 20 of this thread I posted in a spoiler. That said, smithing is worth it even just for the weapon buffs you get. They scale with weapon level so they are 100% desirable throughout

Raign

Golden Squire
Any way to do full respec in game? I am finishing up with the first map if that matters.
Yes.

It is one of the portals you open on your 'Home Plane', around the 5th or 6th one if I recall. You should be getting fairly close, I was about 30% done the second map when I get access to it

Zareth

Trakanon Raider
Yes.

It is one of the portals you open on your 'Home Plane', around the 5th or 6th one if I recall. You should be getting fairly close, I was about 30% done the second map when I get access to it
Be careful when you respec though because you apparently loose all of your skills/spells when you do it and you will have to rebuy them.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Another random question: I just finished that Underground Passage puzzle that presented me with a choice of three spellbooks. I picked one (Arrow Spray!) but do you ever get the other two along the way or is that the only place? I want to respec my Ranger to better focus her skills a little bit but if I cant get Arrow Spray elsewhere then Im stuck with her as is.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Do the bosses have a random loot table when it comes to uniques? I've encountered my first boss (I think) at the lighthouse and about half the time I can get him to drop "Clobbering Time" (1h weapon) but no other uniques in about 10 kills. Did get a legendary drop once along with the unique too.

Raign

Golden Squire
Bosses do have random loot tables but some have 'Special' Uniques associated with them as well that sometimes drop (this seems to hold true of some chests as well). The uniques are solid items but I would not sweat not getting one since the legendary items seem just as good at the same tier but they do seem to have a very high chance of dropping from their associated boss.

You do get the other books Yukiri, don't sweat not getting one at the time. They are high end for when you get them in the game, but not uncommon when you level up a bit.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know I spent a very enjoyable hour reloading and popping those chests with the pillar puzzle, for some reason I love that shit.

Raign

Golden Squire
Hehe... me too. There are some chests definitely linked to some Uniques too

Sword of Holy Flame for example is definitely linked to the Ornate level 20 chest in the test of the Immaculate. I rerolled it a dozen times and got it 3 or 4 of them.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've got a terrible habit now of trying to keep the boss alive until almost the end specifically so that I can save it right before the kill shot and then reload it a hundred times. Fuck I wish that wasn't an option, because I'd probably be twice as far in the game right now and would have just accepted whatever loot I got. Right now I've got it saved at the Pontius Pirate fight because it was 2am last night and I couldn't stay up to keep reloading.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I do that too! So far every boss or ornate chest I will keep reloading over and over. It's crazy addicting.

For every hour of playtime I probably only spend about 15-20 min actually playing the game and the rest is reloading to try and get better loot drops.

So made it into the temple of the dead , fully explored it except one area right after the bridge with the stone head blocking the way....my quest is still on "We found a way into the temple of the dead" The guy in there talks about the Forge of Souls and yet my quest is not changing , am i done in this area...i mean the dude mentions how to fix or change the forge between souls but quest log stays the same , got the key as well and the blood stone in here. Not sure what else to do to complete this or do i just move on to the temple?

Edit: Ok found my answer to continue on , but that door is bugging me. Maybe cant open it i suppose , at least not now.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Just going to do my fifth and hopefully last restart. I think I know enough now to develop my characters the way I want them.

Caliane

dis game.
hiberhiem sentinals. you can teleport them.
and while you're at it... you could do the chest room the right way.... or...
use tornado to remove the lava. then just teleport into the chest area, with rogue teleport, or air teleport.
looting this chest without even opening the door. haha.

axeman_sl

shitlord
The combat is great but I'm really bored of the dialogue and quest dynamics. It's all so overwhelmingly clich? and steeped in awful rock-paper-scissors bullshit. The combat, skill mechanics and general hands-on features of the game are surprisingly awesome but I seriously find it a chore anytime I have to talk to an NPC because it's always so painfully stupid and/or designed in a way that essentially forces you to savescum if you want your story progression to make even a little bit of sense.

The actual dialogue and "script" of this game is cringeworthy and often doesn't even come close to matching the options you pick during the conversation, nor does the game provide a reasonable variety of options. For instance, when you have to go and do a quest in a certain mine and happen to destroy the whole thing -- upon returning to the quest guy, the only dialogue option related to the quest is something vague like "About those mines..." which promptly makes your character admit to everything and causes the guy to flip his shit. In most cases it'll then shove you into rock-paper-scissors mode to determine whether the NPC will completely forgive you or try to murder you on the spot.

Also dumb shit like the mini-dialogue that always comes up if you initiate a conversation with a companion selected or with your weapon drawn, which serves no purpose and never has any alternate outcomes other than hitting the 'end conversation' key and clicking on the NPC again. It actually says something of the strength of the game's combat and world design that it's such a good game despite how abject the story and NPC interaction is.

Grimsark

The combat is great but I'm really bored of the dialogue and quest dynamics. It's all so overwhelmingly clich? and steeped in awful rock-paper-scissors bullshit. The combat, skill mechanics and general hands-on features of the game are surprisingly awesome but I seriously find it a chore anytime I have to talk to an NPC because it's always so painfully stupid and/or designed in a way that essentially forces you to savescum if you want your story progression to make even a little bit of sense.

The actual dialogue and "script" of this game is cringeworthy and often doesn't even come close to matching the options you pick during the conversation, nor does the game provide a reasonable variety of options. For instance, when you have to go and do a quest in a certain mine and happen to destroy the whole thing -- upon returning to the quest guy, the only dialogue option related to the quest is something vague like "About those mines..." which promptly makes your character admit to everything and causes the guy to flip his shit. In most cases it'll then shove you into rock-paper-scissors mode to determine whether the NPC will completely forgive you or try to murder you on the spot.

Also dumb shit like the mini-dialogue that always comes up if you initiate a conversation with a companion selected or with your weapon drawn, which serves no purpose and never has any alternate outcomes other than hitting the 'end conversation' key and clicking on the NPC again. It actually says something of the strength of the game's combat and world design that it's such a good game despite how abject the story and NPC interaction is.
I don't mean to argue with you, but I think the way they handled dialogue actually improved a system that was otherwise unnecessarily verbose, with the illusion of multiple choice where non really existed. Instead of having three 'flavor' texts it was one 'About that...' where you are free to assume whatever you want was said.

However, I do have a serious issue with the conflict resolution mechanic. Paper, Rock, Scissors... Not my thing.
wink.png
I agree with you there.