Do you know first hand anyone who has been proven to test positive for Covid-19?

Do you know first hand anyone who has been proven to test positive for Covid-19?

• Yes

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 91 60.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
this anecdote may be true but there are 100s of anecdotes from doctors saying the opposite (at least until they are memory hole'd by information gatekeepers)

Can you please point me in the direction of these 100s of anecdotes? I am sure it is happening somewhere but when there are ~1,000,000 physicians in this country “100s” isn’t exactly a big number tbh

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
When the quarantine first started, my company announced that one of the guys in our philly office (where I work) tested positive, but I wasn't around him before we were all told to start working from home.

My younger kids' math teacher had it around the same time, but she's the one who told us after the fact (not the school, which infuriated us since she was around the kids within the 14 day window).

My wife got a call from her principal (she's a teacher) to tell her when she went into school last week to pack up her classroom, she had been in close contact with a teacher who just tested positive. We've adopted a pretty strict self-quarantine since and will be staying in until it's been 14 days since that contact. Luckily, she just made a BJs run, so we have enough of everything to lay low and wait it out.

I personally know 2 of the 3 people above

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Can you please point me in the direction of these 100s of anecdotes? I am sure it is happening somewhere but when there are ~1,000,000 physicians in this country “100s” isn’t exactly a big number tbh

oh ok i'll start finding some of em but since you're claiming that 999,900 doctors would agree with you i'd like you to point me in the direction of their anecdotes as well please

my first citation will be Dr. Birx

"There are other countries that if you had a pre-existing condition and let's say the virus caused you to go to the ICU and then have a heart or kidney problem -- some countries are recording that as a heart issue or a kidney issue and not a COVID-19 death. Right now ... if someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that as a COVID-19 death."

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just curious here since this came up the other day. Out of everyone on this board do you know anyone (FIRST HAND) I specify that because we have many retards who will say my nephews brothers cousins roommate had it I think. To those people please throw yourself off a bridge.

So again do any of you know first hand someone who has tested positive for Covid-19. Again let me stress since many of you are stupid. I don't mean if nanners had a fevor, or you had the sniffles a week ago. Does anyone on this board know anyone first hand who has a documented case of Covid-19?

If you do please give us some details because I have yet to hear of any first hand encounters.

I work in a psych hospital/jail, we have had 1 patient test positive so far, and guess how many symptoms he had. If you guessed he had a fever of about 101 for roughly 24 hours and nothing else, you guessed right. mid 20s male, <20 BMI, no cardiovascular issues at all, he's a jogger though which I think is a risk factor for more severity.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the real question isnt if you know anyone who had it. the question is how many do you know who got severely sick or worse. i know nobody in that regard.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
oh ok i'll start finding some of em but since you're claiming that 999,900 doctors would agree with you i'd like you to point me in the direction of their anecdotes as well please

"There are other countries that if you had a pre-existing condition and let's say the virus caused you to go to the ICU and then have a heart or kidney problem -- some countries are recording that as a heart issue or a kidney issue and not a COVID-19 death. Right now ... if someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that as a COVID-19 death."
Conditions are not stationary, nor binary in severity. Hardly anyone have a complete and uptodate health record. It’s not like we autopsy everyone, drink a glass of chardonnay while having a vote accross the board. If you die with it, it’s recorded as such, died with it. Same as with every other disease, with known comorbidites or not. In any case, the actual mechanism of death is a ‘best educated guess’, a physician assessment, not a fact written in stone. Sheesh.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I still don't know anyone personally. A work camp in Alberta had a minor outbreak, Kearle Lake I believe, I heard of another, but not sure if it was Alberta. I expected the camps to be decimated by this, especially as it's possibly thousands of people working and living in a relatively small space. Trades/Labour, various types of camp attendants, cooks & related staff, housekeeping, and management types. Especially as many of them just started implementing extra precautions less than 2 months ago.

Personally I think this is another natural order type thing that is supposed to cull the weak. The majority of the cases with serious issues/death I hear/read, seem to be fat/obese, elderly, people with pre existing conditions that already made them vulnerable to a variety of things, and people with plain shitty lifestyles.

Nature trying to save our asses, and we like nah, we worried about our feelings and shit.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
the real question isnt if you know anyone who had it. the question is how many do you know who got severely sick or worse. i know nobody in that regard.
...which is, obviously, modulated by their exposure to corona, comorbid status, age, when it was caught and acted upon, treatment levels and the strain on the health care system to provide adequate care.

Since you’re an old geezer, chuck, that would put you in the zone, right? But then again, you’d need a social circle that involves people, I donno. +1, -1 and so forth.

Seems pointless to gage on this level imho. Hence why we don’t?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So again do any of you know first hand someone who has tested positive for Covid-19. Again let me stress since many of you are stupid. I don't mean if nanners had a fevor, or you had the sniffles a week ago. Does anyone on this board know anyone first hand who has a documented case of Covid-19?
Colleague of mine, 51. Dude still isn't out of the hospital (but got out of ICU and into a normal "covid" sector).

Tim

Molten Core Raider
Never had any bad symptoms(popped a low fever for a couple days), but was quarantined before I could return to work at hospital after exposure to several patients without PPE early on in this bullshit. Positive swab test, and now I have a positive antibody test under my belt too, since we started doing those here lately(mostly because with the early tests there was a worry about accuracy).

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Wife's aunt and uncle tested positive. LA. They live
two miles away from us, so yes, I know them. They're late 60's, were totally laid out for a week and a half but never hospitalized.

• 1Solidarity

Maul

Dental Dammer
Yes my mother and sister had it, both confirmed via testing (work in healthcare).

Sister had a headache for two days and lost taste, mother had a serious "flu like" illness for about two weeks with insanely bad cough. Both fine now.

HOAX FLU.

• 1Solidarity

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wifes coworker tested positive. Went on and off oxygen while in the hospital a few times. I think she is finally home and doing better. That kicked off the full time WFH for her and I was quarantined for 14 days for it.

• 1Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Sister had a headache for two days and lost taste, mother had a serious "flu like" illness for about two weeks with insanely bad cough. Both fine now.

wow we should shut down the world economy giggity

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider

So I don’t read this quote as overdiagnosing covid deaths for profit at all however I guess I can see how you might infer that. I think she was talking about why our country might have higher rates statistically due to different ways of reporting cause of death on death certificates. It’s interesting at times and I HAVE seen that discussed as a potential excuse for China’s numbers being bullshit at the start.

I don’t really know how I can prove something isn’t happening with 900,000 anecdotes talking about it not happening. The way physician reimbursement works (at least for inpatient medicine, I’m not as familiar with nursing homes) there just wouldn’t be any incentive to lie about it by the people in a position to do so.

Edit: A (hypothetical) cause of death

“Cardiac Arrest due to Acute Renal Failure due to Sepsis due to COVID19” in the US vs in China “Cardiac Arrest.” or “Acute Renal Failure.”

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
...which is, obviously, modulated by their exposure to corona, comorbid status, age, when it was caught and acted upon, treatment levels and the strain on the health care system to provide adequate care.

Since you’re an old geezer, chuck, that would put you in the zone, right? But then again, you’d need a social circle that involves people, I donno. +1, -1 and so forth.

Seems pointless to gage on this level imho. Hence why we don’t?
source.gif

• 3Worf

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I had a cold a week after COVID started spreading over here in North America.

I'M A VIRUS PLAGUE SURVIVOR ZOMG.

• 1Picard
Status
Not open for further replies.