Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Wanda going profoundly off the reservation and slaughtering everyone was great TV.
Best part of the whole movie maybe
I loved how she used each ones powers against them, like she was just toying with them.

Unrelated. Is Wanda dead?

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It had plenty of moments where I did find myself nodding off in boredom, but the good moments were good.

Seeing Black Bolt straight up fucking annihilate Strange was sweet as hell. Oh, and when they played the animated X-men music diddy as Xavier showed up, my dick got rock fucking hard.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Smartest man in the universe immediately spoils their strongest members strength/weakness within 20 seconds.

I didn't hate this movie but there is definitely some stupid shit in it.
people keep saying this, but the illuminati all knew who wanda was. the 828 wanda probably fought alongside black bolt and knew all about his powers as well. same thing with reed. it's not like anyone spoiled his weakness and she ribboned him within seconds as well.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
people keep saying this, but the illuminati all knew who wanda was. the 828 wanda probably fought alongside black bolt and knew all about his powers as well. same thing with reed. it's not like anyone spoiled his weakness and she ribboned him within seconds as well.
So if you know what someone with the book is capable of and she's just obliterated your defenses why would you give her an opening like that?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

None of that explains debunks his point

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Smartest man in the universe immediately spoils their strongest members strength/weakness within 20 seconds.

Reed Richards for how smart he is, is very cocky and that came through in that moment. He didn’t think anything could harm them, and it showed. That was fully within his character.

initially I thought the same though but after seeing it again and thinking about it, it fell more inline with comic Richards.

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's almost as if they would rather have you watch Disney+ shows.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

So if you know what someone with the book is capable of and she's just obliterated your defenses why would you give her an opening like that?
He was in de-escalation mode. His own hubris (reed's actual weakness) made him think none of them were actually in any real danger. Heck, they ALL just stood there posing instead of treating Wanda like a threat.

Obviously I'm filling in the blanks, but he was trying to treat Wanda like a friend having an argument.

But again, black bolt's voice isn't some secret weapon. Anyone who knows about him knows that's his thing. A lot of the audience may not know that about him, based on the awful reception of the inhumans show, but there's no reason to assume that reed was giving new information to Wanda.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider

If you need to be introduced as "the smartest man in the universe", it's a give you are not that.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
When your power is "reality warping", does informing them of anything really matter?

ie, look at Gamora "killing" Thanos in Nowhere.

Lets analyze more the fact that the "smartest man in the universe" and the "King of the Inhumans" were undone in 5 seconds, and Team Strong Womyn managed to put up an actual fight, if you want to talk about some far fetched unbelievable bullshit. Captain Marvel, maybe I can understand but fuck you Captain Carter, you're just a peak human with a shield and a jetpack. She shouldn't have stood a fucking chance against a reality warping witch.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Carter dying seemed to be the only one Wanda had a pang of regret over, probably because Steve

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That's not really the issue though. Im fine with them losing, I'm not so fine with Reed having no plan. Hand waving his actions away doesn't really change anything.

At one point he was the smartest being in the marvel universe, I'd guess a woman has since surpassed him but I don't really keep up with comics anymore.

They really made him look like a punk for his introduction into the MCU.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
They really made him look like a punk for his introduction into the MCU.
while I was fine with him carrying himself the way he did because it was within his character, I go agree being shredded and having your head popped like a ballon all within 10 seconds of you trying to throw a punch…wasn’t the greatest way to introduce him.

yeah yeah, different universe Reed…but still, it did make him look rather weak. Considering Doom is just as strong if not stronger in magic than Wanda, how will Reed being able to fight him make much sense now?

I guess we will see

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
The one guarantee with the MCU no matter how much time passes is people thinking of ways superhero A with THESE powers can easier kill/get an advantage on superhero B with THESE powers and vice versa. The Russo brothers addressed this.... how do you have superheroes who are obviously very imba powerlevel-wise to Thanos be able to get their shots in without Thanos just insta-gibbing them but still maintain a balance for showing them in a way that doesn't seem blatantly unrealistic.

Maybe that's precisely the punchline then to the superhero problem: You literally state these heroes are imba and can steamroll you, then they get steamrolled. So meta!

j00t

remember this isn't "wanda," it's The Scarlet Witch. it's fully darkhold empowered wanda. this is the character that the MCU keeps telling us will either rule the multiverse or completely destroy it. she's traditionally got zero psychic powers yet was able to overpower and kill professor x in a psychic battle. well... "battle."

i get it though, i think the movie could have really benefitted from another 15 minutes or so to let a few moments breathe here and there and to give the illuminati a stronger showing. i think they were trying to balance between showing how over the top powerful scarlet witch is (black bolt and reed) while also giving us a good fight scene. i give captain carter a pass because just like steve, he sticks around in fights longer than he should be able to. on paper he's just peak human but he stands toe to toe with all kinds of cosmic threats when he really has no business doing so. so, same with captain carter, i guess.

and they've gone on record as saying how strong captain marvel is, and they REALLY want her to be a thing (maybe less so now?) so i can sort of hand wave that too... but they showed that the reed and black bolt clearly didn't take her as a threat and the fight ended immediately, whereas carter and marvel did. /shrug

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
remember this isn't "wanda," it's The Scarlet Witch. it's fully darkhold empowered wanda. this is the character that the MCU keeps telling us will either rule the multiverse or completely destroy it. she's traditionally got zero psychic powers yet was able to overpower and kill professor x in a psychic battle. well... "battle."

i get it though, i think the movie could have really benefitted from another 15 minutes or so to let a few moments breathe here and there and to give the illuminati a stronger showing. i think they were trying to balance between showing how over the top powerful scarlet witch is (black bolt and reed) while also giving us a good fight scene. i give captain carter a pass because just like steve, he sticks around in fights longer than he should be able to. on paper he's just peak human but he stands toe to toe with all kinds of cosmic threats when he really has no business doing so. so, same with captain carter, i guess.

and they've gone on record as saying how strong captain marvel is, and they REALLY want her to be a thing (maybe less so now?) so i can sort of hand wave that too... but they showed that the reed and black bolt clearly didn't take her as a threat and the fight ended immediately, whereas carter and marvel did. /shrug
there's like 3 Captain Marvels now in this Earth. they still definitely think shes a thing. Feige is determined to have everyone worship at least one of them.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
6/10

A white woman, in order to protect her white children, fights against armies of joggers, other POCs, LGBTQ+ faggots and their allies. Wanda did nothing wrong.

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
6/10

A white woman, in order to protect her white children, fights against armies of joggers, other POCs, LGBTQ+ faggots and their allies. Wanda did nothing wrong.
i had no problems at all with her wrecking everyone. she practically destroyed Thanos on her own before she even had the Darkhold. its established that she's super dangerous to everyone.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finished Wandavision, was a good time. Just wish I'd watched it before seeing Multiverse of Madness in the theater because that movie makes WAY more sense now.

Watching Loki now, on episode 1, not enjoying it. I really like Loki so I was looking forward to seeing him get up to some mischief, but all episode 1 has been is him getting humiliated over and over again by a bunch of black women in the Timecop Base or whatever. Maybe Loki will actually get to do something cool by episode 2.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
i never noticed america's pin at all. i don't know what you guys are talking about. being able to find the woke in this movie is basically the same as the saying, "when you're a hammer, all you see are nails." if you are looking to be offended, you'll find something. i wasn't, and i didn't. everything in there that COULD have been woke, could just as easily be explained by, this is how it was in the comics. and while, yes, you can argue that the comics are woke, i'd still rather they stick to the IP as much as possible.

america has gay parents. who cares? i posted something similar in the lightyear thread, but i don't care if there's a gay couple or something in the background, as long as whatever they are doing fits. meaning, her parents are just shown walking together (maybe they were holding hands? that wasn't focused on) while a younger america is playing in front of them. america says "it's my moms," which grammatically is a funny statement, but that's it. that is the extent of any kind of sexual anything in the movie. i'm absolutely fine with that.

I actually didn't mind America's Moms at all. If she'd been wearing a traditional Pride flag pin rather than the iffy intersectional one, I wouldn't have minded that either. And I barely mind the intersectional pin. It's pretty idiotic to get worked-up or offended by representation that isn't out of place or hurting anybody.

My main gripe with America was the way she was shoehorned into everything like the CGI Forrest Gump and had to be present for absolutely everything, even scenes that she added nothing to, and stole Strange's thunder at the end.

• 1Like