Doom: Eternal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
He’s a cheesy bastard and deserves to be aoe’d into the ground. His skill set is much stronger than the slayers and by all rights multiplayer should be two slayers vs one marauder.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Thank God for nerds who bought the Amazon pre-order deal, and then just HAD to have a Steam key. Picked up a Bethesda key for $32. touchdown.

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
That's a fair complaint about it being bright and arcadey if it's your preference then there's no changing that, I personally put it in the very back of my mind and don't care because it's all there to be peripheral 90% of the time short of the new weapons or the 1ups. I don't have to search for ammo, it's bright as fuck in the corner of my screen I know where it is during combat.

For how many options they have in the UI/menus (to turn off hints and shit btw) I'm surprised they didn't have an option to not make everything neon colored.
They did. put it on exterminator mode, everything is just red.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
All done on ultra-violence, all the collectables and all that stuff. That's enough for me. Not really interested in nightmare. I thought ultra-violence was a good challenge but still let you feel like a badass. I really don't want to play like a pussy as I imagine nightmare requires.

Great game, best single player shooter I've played in years.
Nightmare requires the ultimate level in savagery. you just have move more and shoot more

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Tried Ultra-Nightmare , the fight for the 2nd hell priest ended that run rofl.

• 1Worf

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Hurt me plenty" was more than enough of a challenge for me. If I was dedicated, I could see getting through it on Nightmare... but beyond that, you'd have to be a masochist or an autist.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It's interesting seeing how far you can go, on the 1-ups.

Not gonna play it consistently but occasionally it could be fun.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The one ups would be the best item for the Ult Nightmare play. However you would need to intentionally avoid some of the more retarded challenges. I spent most of my one ups trying to defeat challenges that put you in dumbass situations.

Never died in a Slayer Room.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Very interesting video on id Tech 7 if you're into game dev or just bored, including parts of the tools used in Eternal. Really shows off how insanely detailed everything is more than I've already sucked this games dick for.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What's the largest thing you've been able to chainsaw? Even if I'm at what I thought was max fuel if I try anything other than imp or zombie soldier fodder I get the "Not Enough Fuel".

iirc, you could chainsaw Hell Knights in 2016 at a certain point.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's the largest thing you've been able to chainsaw? Even if I'm at what I thought was max fuel if I try anything other than imp or zombie soldier fodder I get the "Not Enough Fuel".

They give you the Sword in Eternal, which kinda solves this problem.

• 1Like

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I'm not 100% sure but it seems if you put some damage into one of the bigger demons you can also chainsaw them at lower gas consumption.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot

If you're getting the "not enough fuel" Message, you literally don't have enough fuel. Fuel will regenerate to 1 on it's own over time, but you have to pick up 2 more cans to get the 3 to do anything bigger than a fodder zombie. Can even chainsaw hell knights with 3. Just can't saw the more "boss" tier demons like Marauder, Doom Hunter and Tyrant.

The sword helps but doesn't give you ammo like the chainsaw does. Imo just use the freebie fuel on baby zombies for ammo, shoot the rest.

• 1Like

Salshun

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm so impressed by how well the "fuckton of enemies" rooms were designed and how they seem to have been designed to force you to learn that the only ways to survive are constant movement, choosing the right tool for the job (including that distance changes everything), and knowing when to run. These rooms have just rammed it down by throat that I can't just "last stand with shotgun+grenades".

• 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Doom 2016 was a fucking great Doom game and a great return to form after Doom 3. It felt like Doom 1, moving through a space station alone to shut down hell with really minimal story and shit.

Doom Eternal while aesthetically Doom, really feels like a new Quake game more than anything to me. This is not a bad thing. I haven't played MP yet as I am almost finished with the campaign, but if it plays like Quake 3 Arena I will be pleased.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Doom 2016 was a fucking great Doom game and a great return to form after Doom 3. It felt like Doom 1, moving through a space station alone to shut down hell with really minimal story and shit.

Doom Eternal while aesthetically Doom, really feels like a new Quake game more than anything to me. This is not a bad thing. I haven't played MP yet as I am almost finished with the campaign, but if it plays like Quake 3 Arena I will be pleased.

Did a couple rounds with friends, and the demon side is very OP(espically when they can start calling Baron's). I see a lot of adjustments happening before long espically with the Marauder(He is just way too strong, for what he is "suppose" to be.)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Vega - "Would you like me to disable the safety protocols?"

Doomslayer clicks furiously, hah.

• 1Worf