Dredd 2 (2024 Confirmed!)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Surprised Pee Wee Herman GIF

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I just threw Olivia Thirlby into Google News, to see what she's been up to somewhat 'recently', and this is what I got.

Imagine being Thirlby, and this is your media footprint in 2023.

Someone really needs to go back and fix this fucking timeline

1691948318779.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I just threw Olivia Thirlby into Google News, to see what she's been up to somewhat 'recently', and this is what I got.

Imagine being Thirlby, and this is your media footprint in 2023.

Someone really needs to go back and fix this fucking timeline

View attachment 486483

So was this lesbian sex, or is it retroactively straight?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Looks like it was back in 2007, so long before Page's gender identity trainwreck

Yeah I was referring more to how trans folks are regarded as retroactively always their new gender, so if Page was always a guy, then did Olivia Thirlby have lesbian sex or was it straight, as defined by the woke folx?

...ah who knows.

Olivia wanted dick, Page took it literally?
El Oh El
Good 4 U GIF by Olivia Rodrigo

Wait is that actually Olivia Thirlby? I had no idea she was once that hot, got damn. High five, Ellen Page

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I was referring more to how trans folks are regarded as retroactively always their new gender, so if Page was always a guy, then did Olivia Thirlby have lesbian sex or was it straight, as defined by the woke folx?

...ah who knows.

Wait is that actually Olivia Thirlby? I had no idea she was once that hot, got damn. High five, Ellen Page
That's not Olivia, that's just a hair flip gif.

I wouldn't mind knowing who it is as well though.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Dredd 2012 is such a total remake of The Raid. Villain controls a building, locks law enforcement in, starts movie by brutally killing 3 tenants to make an example of them, tells the building on the intercom what's up, everyone clears out while her minions search every floor for the cops. Also there's a giant center balcony area where you can look up or down from floor to floor. They get a tenant to let them in so they can hide from the patrols, at great risk to said tenant.

It's amazing they didn't get sued by the makers of The Raid actually because they sure took a lot from it. The Raid is even more brutal though, Indonesian movie so it wasn't limited by American studio sensibilities.

Anyone who hasn't see The Raid and likes Dredd, do yourself a favor and check it out. Both Raid movies are good, first one is the Dredd one and might be the best action movie I've ever seen.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Dredd 2012 is such a total remake of The Raid. Villain controls a building, locks law enforcement in, starts movie by brutally killing 3 tenants to make an example of them, tells the building on the intercom what's up, everyone clears out while her minions search every floor for the cops. Also there's a giant center balcony area where you can look up or down from floor to floor. They get a tenant to let them in so they can hide from the patrols, at great risk to said tenant.

It's amazing they didn't get sued by the makers of The Raid actually because they sure took a lot from it. The Raid is even more brutal though, Indonesian movie so it wasn't limited by American studio sensibilities.

Anyone who hasn't see The Raid and likes Dredd, do yourself a favor and check it out. Both Raid movies are good, first one is the Dredd one and might be the best action movie I've ever seen.
Its not that simple.

According to Wikipedia:
"Produced by British studio DNA Films, Dredd began principal photography, using 3D cameras throughout, in November 2010. Filming took place on practical sets and locations in Cape Town and Johannesburg.

Dredd was released on 7 September 2012 in the United Kingdom and on 21 September worldwide."

While The Raid got released:
Release dates
  • 8 September 2011 (TIFF)
  • 23 March 2012 (Indonesia & United States)
  • 22 March 2012 (Australia)

Unsure about production dates for The Raid, but still unless they were spying on them it looks like the movies are not really related.
Its a simple ideia and these kind of things happen all the time where movies come out with similar premises ate around the same time for a variety of reasons.

• 3Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Its not that simple.

According to Wikipedia:
"Produced by British studio DNA Films, Dredd began principal photography, using 3D cameras throughout, in November 2010. Filming took place on practical sets and locations in Cape Town and Johannesburg.

Dredd was released on 7 September 2012 in the United Kingdom and on 21 September worldwide."

While The Raid got released:
Release dates
  • 8 September 2011 (TIFF)
  • 23 March 2012 (Indonesia & United States)
  • 22 March 2012 (Australia)

Unsure about production dates for The Raid, but still unless they were spying on them it looks like the movies are not really related.
Its a simple ideia and these kind of things happen all the time where movies come out with similar premises ate around the same time for a variety of reasons.
A major reason is that many movie scripts get "shopped" around the studios before one picks it up. Hollywood being a very exclusive business, almost all of the studios know what each has in pre-production and production. Once a studio hears that a script is starting pre-production, they sometimes either hire writers to come up with a similar script or go through their backlog of scripts to find something comparable.

Then it's usually a race to release.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

As already stated, at most it was a shopped idea. You can't remake a movie that didn't even come out until after you filmed your movie.

This is similar to Armageddon and Deep Impact, and countless other "copycat" movies that release near the same time. Hell, there are two movies with the same title and same premise that came out in the last few years, I want to say it is called "Alone", where the guy is trapped in his apartment after a zombie outbreak. There is one American version and one Korean (?) version, both obviously based on the same premise but different enough that I didn't hate watching them both. I'm pretty sure one didn't watch the other and decide to copy it, they just bought the rights to it in their countries.

But all of this is irrelevant because Judge Dredd. He automatically makes everything better than any other version.

• 3Like

joz123

Potato del Grande

Come On Wtf GIF