Dresden Files

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Then a few years after that is over, and he realizes how big a cash cow Dresden was for him, we'll get more.

He'll probably end up revisiting Aleria after he finishes the Dresden stuff. Still have the Vord in Cania, plus whatever chased the Vord to this world in the first place. Then he either retires and lives on his fat piles of cash or goes back to the Dresdenverse with Maggie as his new main character. I fully expect Dresden to either die or ascend to Mab/Odin levels of power at the end of the series. Either effectively takes him out of the world so his daughter can carry on the badass Dresden name.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Really hope he can break away from Dresden and still be as popular. If only for the selfish reason of me not wanting to write one character the rest of my life as well. Plus Cinder sounds pretty cool.

Jim's agent Jennifer Jackson as saying the series 'is set in a world ?of black spires that tower for miles over a mist-shrouded surface? and follows a war between two of the Spires: Spire Albion and Spire Aurora.' At a Reddit AMA on November 12, 2012, Jim said ?It?s kinda League of Extraordinary Gentlemen meets Sherlock meets Hornblower. There are goggles and airships and steam power and bizarre crystal technology and talking cats, who are horrid little bullies.?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
See, Sanderson was smart. He trained his fans to accept nothing but the first novels/standalones for his first 5 years.
He also provides so much more variety. Sanderson is like the big movie producer who likes to dabble in many different things. Butcher is the the Walking Dead TV show of this genre. Top notch writing but doesn't deviate from the main money makers too much.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd be impressed to see Butcher even attempt to match Sanderson in release time tables without a loss of quality.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
21 books across two different series and assorted short stories while also doing consulting on TV/comic adaption projects over a period of 15 years is a pretty solid output for any author.

But then I've never been able to get into Sanderson, his series'/books have always felt a little gimmicky to me, so I don't know what he's like for output.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
just a heads up...

on Nov 14, Butcher announced that he has Finished Cinder Spires (book 1) -just have to do the editing/cleanup process and it will be ready for publishing...and once that is done "Peace Talks" begins.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wasn't minimizing his work. My comment was a reflection of how much content Sanderson puts out and wishing more authors matched it.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Steampunk hits 9/29/15. Haven't seen any news about the new Dresdin yet, but I admit to being afraid to look. hah.

Sharinel

Golden Squire
Steampunk ARC is out at the usual places, in case anyone can't wait until release date
smile.png