Dresden Files

Malkav

French Madman
The tome definitely left us with some blue balls, god damn it.

Definitely hope the explanation for Thomas' actions are not retarded.

As for the Fomor, their King seemed pretty subservient to the Titan to me, doesn't look like an alliance. The Black Council definitely is pulling some string.

I can't wait for Harry first big catch as the Warden now. If the White Council knew what Demonreach actually is and that Dresden is its Warden, I'm pretty sure they'd give him much less shit.

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
Does anyone know of a good recap for the series? I want to dive into Peace Talks but its been so long since the last one I'm worried I barely remember who half the characters are and what's going on.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dude named Harry. No relation to the boy who lives.
Wizard in Chicago. Smart ass. Basicly a Plumber of Magic.
In the Yellow pages under Wizard. Goes on Larry Fowler Show (Think Alex Jones)

Small time PI. Runs afoul of all sorts, Gangsters, Vampires, World ending demonic horrors from beyond.
Still is a smart ass.
Bangs a hot reporter. She gets semi eaten by blood vampires.
Starts a war with the blood vampires.
Turns out his half brother is a lust vampire.
Friends / half in ust with Chicago PD special investigator.

Bad shit happens.
Still a smart ass.

Faces down the lord of the wild hunt. Still a smart ass.
Picks up a cursed coin of fallen angels.
Gets even more smart assed.

Basically faces down the universe. Pisses off the good guys, and the bad guys, half the neutral guys, and tells the rest to fuck off.

Is still a smart ass.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The tome definitely left us with some blue balls, god damn it.

Definitely hope the explanation for Thomas' actions are not retarded.

As for the Fomor, their King seemed pretty subservient to the Titan to me, doesn't look like an alliance. The Black Council definitely is pulling some string.

I can't wait for Harry first big catch as the Warden now. If the White Council knew what Demonreach actually is and that Dresden is its Warden, I'm pretty sure they'd give him much less shit.

The Swergen elf king was corrupted by Nemesis and that's why Thomas went to murder him. Thomas, in the short stories, is part of a secret society that eradicates Cthulu knowledge so if he's going to murder someone than they have a murderin' a comin' to them.

edit - I would say I liked it more than Skin Game

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just put in my order for Battle Ground, though. So thanks for the reminder.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
A good read, it is even more obvious that Peace Talks+Battle Ground were one book that was forcibly split. Lots of action. Now the eternal wait for the next one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This was really short so read it quickly.
I like where this is going with Harry being fully part of the Winter Court/White Court now (lul). White Council bunch of faggots anyway. The starborn revelation is kind of annoying though because there is no reason that Mab couldn't tell him what he wants to know. Relying on Listens To Wind and the Sasquatch to give even more cryptic responses after 15+ years of these novels and teasers about it is just annoying at this point.

Even if Mab had some price for it, it's just silly. For better or for worse Mab doesn't lie and deceive half as much as the very people Harry was supposed to trust and depend on his entire life. The Winter Knight owing favors directly to the Winter Lady when Mab/Winter Lady/Winter Crone all have full ability to forcefully command him to pay favors the court itself owes is pretty convoluted.

Fuck Ramos and all of the Wardens too. Idiots.

Randolph better get his in the next book though. For real.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
A good read, it is even more obvious that Peace Talks+Battle Ground were one book that was forcibly split. Lots of action. Now the eternal wait for the next one.
Maybe he can get back on pace and give us one a year again. But I think he is reaching The End sooner than later. Which if he wraps it all up should be good.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Maybe he can get back on pace and give us one a year again. But I think he is reaching The End sooner than later. Which if he wraps it all up should be good.
I think there are only 3 books left. I remember him saying he was going to wrap it up at 20. Not sure if this 2 book split counts into that.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I think there are only 3 books left. I remember him saying he was going to wrap it up at 20. Not sure if this 2 book split counts into that.

I thought it was going to be 20 and then a final end of days/Armageddon trilogy of longer books. Maybe I'm wrong.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have doubts he creates more Dresden files on a regular schedule. Chalk it up with the myriad of unfinished series out there.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I have doubts he creates more Dresden files on a regular schedule. Chalk it up with the myriad of unfinished series out there.
I think he will finish it, but I think it will be a thoroughly unsatisfying finish.

Honestly I think he’s tired of writing Dresden books. But almost everyone hated his most recent attempt at something new.

• 1Solidarity

Malkav

French Madman
Well, I think this is the volume that surpassed Change for me and a definite turn in the serie.

I think this was the tipping point toward his Apocalypse trilogy that is supposed to come in a few books.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I got into these books bc I was traveling a lot (they're all avialable on Audible and the narrator is great) and my buddy recommended them. Also read the Furies series, which I really enjoyed.

Thus far I've read:
Blood Rites
Summer Knight
White Knight
Death Masks
Grave Peril
Fool Moon
Storm Front
Cold Days
Changes - I stopped like 1/3 through this one bc boring I think
Dead Beat
Proven Guilty - currently listening

Some of these I didn't get in order, so the timeline got a little wonky on me. And a lot of the story kind of threads together, but Butcher always reiterates who is who and why and overly contextualizes everything, so it's difficult to get completely lost.

Can I just skip to the end or are there some I need to add to the queue?