Dune (2020)

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I never watched the original movie and am finally doing it now. Wow this is rough to get through. I like Lynch but damn, no way this was well received when it came out.
It was a different time. Things like CGI were barely in their infancy. Movies were just "different" back then.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like Lynch but damn, no way this was well received when it came out.
It bombed horribly. Lynch doesn't even have directing credit on one of the more widely distributed cuts of the film because they changed it so much from what he filmed.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I was able to grab 5 tickets for a weekend showing at the Bullock in Austin - true IMAX Laser 1.43 ratio (for a good portion of the movie). Pretty stoked about that, considering I was originally upset it got delayed to a weekend I'd be out of town.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

Freedom theaters and HBO max in 2 weeks

odd choice of thumbnail, "lets feature Jason Momoa and have our main character face away from the camera"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
wat

1633633309979.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

Freedom theaters and HBO max in 2 weeks

odd choice of thumbnail, "lets feature Jason Momoa and have our main character face away from the camera"
I wish these fucks would branch out and use different actors for a change. I feel like I'm watching the same super hero flick but with different titles.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
100M in 3 weeks of the rollout. It will release in an additional 47 territories within the next 3 weeks, including China/US - so things are looking good for a sequel.

I have to believe they will announce it while it's still in theaters to draw in anyone on the fence.

Dune.png

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
100M in 3 weeks of the rollout. It will release in an additional 47 territories within the next 3 weeks, including China/US - so things are looking good for a sequel.

I have to believe they will announce it while it's still in theaters to draw in anyone on the fence.

View attachment 376295
If China even remotely shows up to this, it should hit the $350-450mm necessary for a sequel. They did a good job of moving it to a spot where it misses the large domestic releases, and misses China's big releases - which is now the biggest cinema market on the planet.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I never watched the original movie and am finally doing it now. Wow this is rough to get through. I like Lynch but damn, no way this was well received when it came out.

you have to watch the extended cut

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

Bought IMAX tickets for myself and my nephews opening night.

Nephews are like 11 and 12. They’re definitely gonna get bored but they’ll be getting the theatre experience whether they like it or not.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Goatface

if they are smart should happen right before us release.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Bought IMAX tickets for myself and my nephews opening night.

Nephews are like 11 and 12. They’re definitely gonna get bored but they’ll be getting the theatre experience whether they like it or not.
Pacing is pretty good action packed for the first half of the movie. Kids probably will be fine. It gets a bit slow/loser toward the end, but I didn't feel the length of the movie at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This will be the first movie I have chosen to go see in over 2 years. I guess I really do not miss movie theaters all that much. I just want the "big screen and sound" effect for this movie.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

Asylum makes knockoff blockbuster movies on the cheap and releases them at the same time in Walmart/VOD. This looks... awesome

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

Asylum makes knockoff blockbuster movies on the cheap and releases them at the same time in Walmart/VOD. This looks... awesome
If that had Kevin Bacon in it and they called it Tremors 17 or whatever number they are on, I'd watch it.

I still feel a bit of PTSD over watching Atlantic Rim so you guys didn't have to.

• 2Worf