Dungeons & Dragons (2022)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'd rather watch a documentary about the history of D&D. Maybe throw in some Gamma World history too.

Perhaps not a documentary, it does cover some of the history of D&D. This guys is doing it as a tangent to MtG history(also worth watching) because D&D is relevant to MtG.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Singular7

Molten Core Raider
what part was truly great?

First 20 minutes are fantastic, quintessential WoW. They nailed what a WoW movie should feel like; the Tauren, Fel magic, soul draining, and on the opposite end Alliance and Kadghar.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I know this is fantasy and shit, but I'm tired of chicks playing the barbarian fighters. I can suspend my disbelief for a dragon, but a chick swinging around a 2H axe pulls me right out of that fantasy.

• 6Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 6 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I know this is fantasy and shit, but I'm tired of chicks playing the barbarian fighters. I can suspend my disbelief for a dragon, but a chick swinging around a 2H axe pulls me right out of that fantasy.
I may have stoner memory, but I can't think of a movie with a female barbarian in the D&D style.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I may have stoner memory, but I can't think of a movie with a female barbarian in the D&D style.
To be fair I would allow this in my D&D campaign.
1673375817680.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Scantily clad girls with machineguns don't scream fantasy barbarian to me
This is probably more up your alley. One of the greatest movies ever:

I remember seeing it when I was young and it was amazing but I'm sure it doesn't hold up now, apart from being just more hilariously awesome. Kind of in the same vein of the ice pirates and similar movies. I even got the same shitty replica sword from a Renaissance festival here in Houston when I was young. I think it's in the garage somewhere.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I never considered Red Sonja a barbarian. Never read her in the comics though. The movie version makes her just a normal fighter to me. Although Conan never really fit the Barbarian class either. He was definitely a fighter/thief. Mind you I am thinking in D&D terms.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I even got the same shitty replica sword from a Renaissance festival here in Houston when I was young. I think it's in the garage somewhere.

Yes, but the question is, did you ever try to throw it like a spear?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She would be closer than Red. She even had berserker tendencies. Still, we are going back like 40 years for examples.

The closest I can think of in current fiction is Thorn in Joe Abercrombie’s The Shattered Sea series.

• 1Like

Cybsled

All the 80s stuff was influenced by Boris Vallejo art I presume. He was one of the first artists to do the jacked up / super fit men and woman fantasy warrior art. As far as I know, he was the dude that invented (or at least popularized) the “woman warriors dressed in barely any armor” trope that has become a mainstay in art and games

• 3Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All the 80s stuff was influenced by Boris Vallejo art I presume. He was one of the first artists to do the jacked up / super fit men and woman fantasy warrior art. As far as I know, he was the dude that invented (or at least popularized) the “woman warriors dressed in barely any armor” trope that has become a mainstay in art and games
And God bless him.

• 7Solidarity
  • 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 13 users

Druss

Trakanon Raider
And Frank Frazeta
1673384616429.png
1673384668338.png
1673384691288.png

• 12Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 13 users