E3 2014

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I was not interested in Hyrule Warriors until seeing this ~30 min gameplay and interview with Aonuma.

Would be tough to do this type of coverage if all you brought to E3 is a bunch of unfinished games though.

Szlia

Playing the contrarian for a second here: In what way is Skyrim Zelda more 'open world' than Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker? More nothing between two somethings?
rolleyes.png

Caliane

Playing the contrarian for a second here: In what way is Skyrim Zelda more 'open world' than Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker? More nothing between two somethings?
rolleyes.png
well, since all we have is the single screenshot, which might have been in game, then an "in engine" cgi cutscene. All we really have is their word, calling it open world. And talking about western open world rpgs, as well as mentioning how newer Zeldas have been less then open.
OoT is very much not open.

Windwaker you could make the joke. but really, even its ocean is a grid.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
well, since all we have is the single screenshot, which might have been in game, then an "in engine" cgi cutscene. All we really have is their word, calling it open world. And talking about western open world rpgs, as well as mentioning how newer Zeldas have been less then open.
OoT is very much not open.

Windwaker you could make the joke. but really, even its ocean is a grid.
Nintendo has confirmed the Zelda trailer was in-engine, just not at the gameplay engine (obviously that will be centered on Link).

By open world, I assume Aonuma means it will be more like Windwaker + A Link Between Worlds, or Dark Souls. Eg., you can go anywhere but you need certain items to progress in a particular dungeon or to defeat more difficult monsters.

So basically less linear than most Zelda games.

Caliane

Nintendo has confirmed the Zelda trailer was in-engine, just not at the gameplay engine (obviously that will be centered on Link).

By open world, I assume Aonuma means it will be more like Windwaker + A Link Between Worlds, or Dark Souls. Eg., you can go anywhere but you need certain items to progress in a particular dungeon or to defeat more difficult monsters.

So basically less linear than most Zelda games.
yeah. "open world" obviously means different things to different people. such as Curts "open world" Reckoning. So, we'll see. But they did call it open world, so that should suggest its more then the last few, at very least.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Aonuma mentioned he was heavily influenced by playing Skyrim a couple years ago. I doubt it will be "Open World" to that extent but definitely more than people are used to for a Zelda game.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah more gameplay I see of it the more fun it looks - tons of strategy is possible too.

It's a new IP internally created by Nintendo too, so there's that for people who say they never create new IPs.

Caliane

Might need some more polish. As I noted doen't use Nintendo Ip like Brawl/Mariokart.

Im not sure why.

Hell, it almost seems made to use Mario Sunshine.

but even as is. could use some slow mo replays.
ALOT more squid jokes/puns.
Inkcoming.
Calamari of Duty

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Might need some more polish. As I noted doen't use Nintendo Ip like Brawl/Mariokart.

Im not sure why.
That's why it's a dumb argument. Nintendo can't win when it comes to making new "IPs".

If they use their Mario/Zelda/other IP characters in a totally new type of game, people say Nintendo never comes up with new characters.

If they come up with a new IP with new characters, people say they should put it in the Mario universe.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
So me and a buddy went to the Sony E3 viewing at a theatre in Seattle. It was just a livestream up on the big screen, typical nerd group similar to PAX. Anyway, we were hoping for some insane swag bag but all we got was a code for Destiny Alpha that starts this Thursday and a code for BFHL beta on the 16th, also 5 bucks for PSN and a month of Music Unlimited. It was kind of our pre-PAX warmup. Lots of people oo'd and ah'd during LBP3 which really looked great, the Order, Batman.. I was most impressed with Abzu, No Man's Sky (god I can't wait), and probably the Order. Batman looks kickass but I haven't played anything past the first one. The Order looks to be coming along, I'm glad the Lycans can speak and aren't just another take on brainless zombie hordes. Speaking of which, Dead Island 2 trailer had people laughin'.

Non-Sony related I cannot wait for the Division.. man it looks great! Even though the gameplay footage is super scripted and must be made by people who think that's what gamers actually sound like in voice chat, still looks fun as hell. Also, I don't even own a WiiU, but Zelda looks hot, Yoshi looks too cute, and Kirby looks cool too. Super pumped for SSBros.

Caliane

That's why it's a dumb argument. Nintendo can't win when it comes to making new "IPs".

If they use their Mario/Zelda/other IP characters in a totally new type of game, people say Nintendo never comes up with new characters.

If they come up with a new IP with new characters, people say they should put it in the Mario universe.
Possibly.

I'm thinking they announce Amiibo support before it launches, too though.

Multiple weapons were noticeable, for those wondering about depth.
A sniper rifle, etc.

rrr_img_68880.png