E3 2015

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Well they have finally figured out some other revenue streams recently - they are leveraging their IPs (that rival Disney in ubiquitousness) to mobile games (DeNA), toy figures (amiibos), and to Universal for attraction parks. Why they haven't done this before is mind boggling.

The real problem Nintendo is trying to solve is software production - they have a hard time right now developing titles for their handheld and consoles at the same time. So usually you get one year full of 3DS titles and the next is full of console titles - this year's E3 was almost entirely new 3DS games for example. While they release more first or 2nd party titles a year than any developer, it's still not enough to support their own hardware completely - which is why the lack of 3rd party support hurts so much.

They are taking steps to solve that. They recently merged their handheld and console development teams into the same building, and for their next generation of handheld/console (if the NX isn't both in one device) they are planning for it's OS to be completely scalable so that they can more easily develop games for both. Basically they are doubling down on supporting their hardware single-handedly without 3rd parties.
Nintendo really needs to expand. Right now they're kind of stuck in a niche, and I don't know if they're brave enough to go outside of it.

They need to realize that a lot of gamers are in their 20s and 30s now. And while a lot of us do like Mario, Zelda, etc, we also want some new shit. Splatoon is neat, but they need some things to appeal to older gamers as well.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
let me embed that for ya
smile.png

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Awesome thanks! Game looks really looks alot like Dark Souls style combat.
Really? I thought it looked a lot more like Assassin's Creed from the on stage demo. Hold a parry or block button until your opponent does something and counter them.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
While i dont buy Nintendo, i like how they focus on what we will see this year. I have honestly no clue which of the games shown at E3 i will see aside from those we knew about prior. I am really interested in Ghost Recon and For Honor(which is likely my top desire atm).

I am surprised we didnt hear anything of Scalebound(sp?) and a few other titles we heard about last year but didnt show up at all this year.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
While i dont buy Nintendo, i like how they focus on what we will see this year. I have honestly no clue which of the games shown at E3 i will see aside from those we knew about prior. I am really interested in Ghost Recon and For Honor(which is likely my top desire atm).

I am surprised we didnt hear anything of Scalebound(sp?) and a few other titles we heard about last year but didnt show up at all this year.
I think Scalebound was one of the games that announced it would skip E3, but be at Gamescom. Although I could be misremembering that.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Real quick question a little off topic. If I want to use my Xbox 360 Wireless controller with my PC, will * Any * USB Bluetooth dongle do? Or do I need to buy the official microsoft dongle?

spronk

FPS noob
I'd agree on the home console front, but aren't DS sales really good for them?
You'd think so but it was kind of pitiful how they had almost no interesting new 3DS games to announce. I mean its obvious at this point they are abandoning the wii u but you'd think they would double down on the 3DS since its still selling pretty well and announce a rash of new games, but just 3-4 releases this year from them and most looked dumb (animal crossing house edition etc). They also didn't seem to mention much about Atlus, which is still pumping out 3DS games.

the 360 wireless controller is NOT bluetooth so no any usb bluetooth dongle will do absolutely nothing for it, only the 360 wireless adapters (I think its IR but not 100% sure). I would just wait a little longer, the xbox one controller will work with windows 10 wirelessly and they are releasing a PC adapter for it in a few weeks/months. The one controller is better than the 360 unless you have tiny hands. Plus the elite controller is pretty badass and I know you will spend $150 on it since you buy impulse purchases like a level 7 susceptible.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
You'd think so but it was kind of pitiful how they had almost no interesting new 3DS games to announce. I mean its obvious at this point they are abandoning the wii u but you'd think they would double down on the 3DS since its still selling pretty well and announce a rash of new games, but just 3-4 releases this year from them and most looked dumb (animal crossing house edition etc). They also didn't seem to mention much about Atlus, which is still pumping out 3DS games.

the 360 wireless controller is NOT bluetooth so no any usb bluetooth dongle will do absolutely nothing for it, only the 360 wireless adapters (I think its IR but not 100% sure). I would just wait a little longer, the xbox one controller will work with windows 10 wirelessly and they are releasing a PC adapter for it in a few weeks/months. The one controller is better than the 360 unless you have tiny hands. Plus the elite controller is pretty badass and I know you will spend $150 on it since you buy impulse purchases like a level 7 susceptible.
I am not buying a $150 controller are you nuts?

Sucks about the 360 Wireless. I'll just get a USB extender then.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
From my experience, wireless Xbox 360 controllers plugged into the computer through USB does not work. All the research I did a couple years ago told me I needed to have a wired Xbox 360. Bought one on a Black Friday sale and its been smooth sailing since.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
As long as 1 elite controller will work on Xbox one and PC with minimal fuss pretty sure i'll be grabbing one just for the new paddle buttons. Will see what comes around before now and then but those paddle buttons are gonna be great I'm thinking.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Buy a ps4 controller and use that unless you really like the 360 controller.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Seems like most games recognize the Xbox controller or use the Xbox controller buttons (X, Y, B, A) etc. I dislike pretty much everything about Xbox 360/Xbone, but I will always recommend a wired xbox 360 controller for the PC.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Windows recognizes the 360 and Bone WIRED controllers automatically.

The wireless versions need a USB dongle - either packed in the box (the 360 box will say 'for Windows' to let you know its in there), with the Windows 10 dongle coming soon.

The PS4 version needs fan-made software (DS4Windows, etc.) that is getting pretty good, but not built in.

I don't know about the Steam controller support in Windows. I haven't heard of many major issues in the old versions.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Logitech F310s go on sale for less than 15 bucks all the time and are fully Xbox compatible and have the Xbox lettered/colored buttons on them.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Seems like most games recognize the Xbox controller or use the Xbox controller buttons (X, Y, B, A) etc. I dislike pretty much everything about Xbox 360/Xbone, but I will always recommend a wired xbox 360 controller for the PC.
This is what I use and could not be happier. Cheap and works like a champ.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is what I use and could not be happier. Cheap and works like a champ.
I agree unlike the dualshock that has crap triggers on, 360 is tried and true.

Playing Red Dead on xbone is going to fucking rule.