E3 2017

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
yeah, existing hacked 3DS and wii u's can download any new games, unless nintendo massively overhauls their eshop its got huge holes that lets older firmware versions download and play games. should be no problems at all, since you can fake firmware versions with the hacked 3DS'

a nice nintendo conference; mario odyssey looks awesome and rocket league is nice. that makes it 2-3 games that are great to play on switch, i expect by mid 2018 there will be enough to convince most of us to go ahead and get one. still, doesn't seem like they are having any luck at all with major third party games - none of the big AAAs this fall are coming on switch, and thats gonna hurt holiday sales. Battlefront 2, COD WW2, Assassins Creed, Destiny 2, South Park, Mordor 2, Wolfenstein 2, all the sports games except FIFA, Need for Speed 3, etc are all still the ps4/xbox/pc.

Too bad the 2-3 good games are hidden by another shitty console purchase. No thanks. Let me know when nintendo finally comes to the table and becomes game maker instead of shitty console maker. maybe folks would actually buy a few (million)games.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My biggest 'no reason to buy a Switch for a long ass time' disappointment is that Atlus officially (since none of these were a surprise at all) announced 3 new games for the west and they are all still on 3DS. Granted, two of them are DS remakes and the third is Etrian Odyssey V, so they were never really contenders for a Switch release anyway, but I hoped there'd at least be some mention of SMT 'HD'/5/whatever they end up calling it or Re:Fantasy.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
One's Radiant Historia (can't wait - missed it on DS). What's the second?
SMT Strange Journey Redux.

I guess the bright side of no SMT5 or Re:Fantasy news is that there's still hope they won't be Nintendo exclusives, seeing as there is no longer any hardware (2 screens) reason to do so. From what I've heard, Atlus is using Unreal Engine for their new games too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh. Shadow of the Colossus remaster is also a guaranteed buy for me. I loved that game.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Metroid 2 remake looks pretty "action-y" compared to original metroids, has counters and stuff so not sure how it'll turn out, but looks nice enough. Guess they didn't forget about the Metroid aniversary but were just late as fuck.

They announced Metroid Prime 4 on switch, although that's probably 2+years away since they didn't have anything to show.

Probably just stole that dude's AM2R project and put it up for sale.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
jX0BFOq.jpg

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Metroid 2 remake looks pretty "action-y" compared to original metroids, has counters and stuff so not sure how it'll turn out, but looks nice enough. Guess they didn't forget about the Metroid aniversary but were just late as fuck.

They announced Metroid Prime 4 on switch, although that's probably 2+years away since they didn't have anything to show.
How is it possible that people in the industry apparently know about it, they're ready to announce, but have nothing to show? Curses.

Metroid 2 remake looks cool as shit. Still prefer Prime 4 but that's something anyway.