Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Are the messages left by actually players and the blood stains is where they died?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
the trap chests that teleport you are hilarious. One sent me a zillion miles north of where I thought the world map ended, to a ridiculously beautiful area with an assrape giant who has a 10 hit combo of smashy. This game rules.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
5 hours flew by and I still feel I haven't scratched the surface. Found the Claymore!

Quick question though...

Is margit the first "main" boss you are supposed to fight? that dude wrecked my shit. Feel like I was underleveld as my +1 longsword wasn't doing anything to him. Ran around and found the claymore and upgraded it to +2, hoping that helps.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
They all look like they have Downs Syndrome, which explains the mouse/keyboard and UI they shit together.

I didn't want to say anything, but I also noticed that several of the characters had...downsy faces.

Even the hot girl that I managed to make and settle on...looks a lot less hot from the side. I couldn't get her nose to look normal. It's flat like a pug.

Goonsquad Officer
Are the messages left by actually players and the blood stains is where they died?
Yes. You can click the stain and see maybe part of their death. Some player notes help. Some are fuckery or traps. Try finger but hole

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I am just wandering around Limgrave. I found a glintstone staff and a scroll for it but I am assuming I need to find an NPC to teach it to me?

That smoke bear scared the piss out of me and then proceeded to wreck me. I did kill the Erdtree Knight easily. The dual boss in that Coastal Cave I haven't figured out yet. Rocking a greatsword and a shield I found. Will be STR/INT with whatever spells I end up liking.

The intended first boss seems to be the guy in the northern castle, Margit the Fell Omen. East from that first merchant in a church, north through the garrison, north across more plains, castle. I could be entirely wrong because he's pretty hard, but seemed beatable even at my lowly level 10. I got him to half and I'm gonna try again after I get my Bastard Sword forged to +2 and maybe Fireball / catalyst for when he goes to stage 2.

I'm leaning Quality build because I don't think I've ever really done that in a Souls game besides my latest Souls 1 run and that run went really well, much easier than other runs. However I definitely want some pyromancy as backup for finishing off bosses and whatnot. 10 int seems to be enough for the basic pyro and that might suffice, I don't know, so I'll probably focus on pumping str/dex. And HP/end of course, but mainly str/dex. I've been good at not getting hit, but it takes forever to kill things and the length of fights / attrition is what does me in. Also the lack of any kind of ranged damage.

TONS of arrows have been dropping. Have a feeling Samurai is a much easier route.

Was gonna play this all day but instead I played it all night and then slept all day. It's alright, I needed to catch up anyway.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Still no digital code for me...some dude on Reddit said they spoke with someone from Best Buy and they were told to expect emailed digital codes within 24-48 hours... Going to be a little pissed if it takes that long, especially since my boss just gave me the rest of the day off since I had a late deployment last night.

At this point if I'm gonna buy anything digital I'm just doing it straight from PSN (or steam/microsoft/whichever). Getting codes (or physical copies) from stores on release date is like a 50/50 proposition at best. IIRC both Amazon and Best Buy tend to wait to SHIP things until like, release morning a good portion of the time. Gamestop, for all their faults, always gets things to me on time.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yes. You can click the stain and see maybe part of their death. Some player notes help. Some are fuckery or traps. Try finger but hole
So far besides all the player notes that basically indicate "yes you can reach this ledge" I've only found one that helped at all, it was about an ambush around a corner. The vast majority are lies and people calling the liar a liar.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Started Wretch and still only have a helm and gauntlets, but I farmed up 16 str to use a long sword and a 100% phys bronze shield.

Got Margot to like 35% and got my ass kicked. Fun fight but I do such low damage it feels like it takes forever.

Stumbled on a bird boss / dragon / and of course that horse knight so far in the open world.

Are you able to upgrade weapons before beating the first legacy dungeon?

Games great though, I spent 4 hours and it seemed to go so quickly

Similar experience here.

Getting a 100% block shield is like priority #1 for anyone who uses a shield at all. The knights in the camp east of the first church, very close to the start of the game, uncommonly drop Brass Shields which is 100% (and looks cool). For the first couple hours before I found that, I was running around with a like, 63% block storebought shield that wasn't cutting it.

Margot is just too nasty in the final phase. Maybe it isn't supposed to be the first big boss. It's very close to the starting point though and it felt like the game steers you in that direction.

The bosses seem to be the highlight but I haven't won any yet, not with my extremely low DPS. Hoping going from Bastard Sword to Bastard Sword +2 and pumping Str/Dex up will make a difference. Also got an Iron Cleaver from the Morne Castle which is a neat one-hander, but I prefer the Bastard Sword for its arc and ability to mow multiple foes at a time.

You can upgrade weapons yeah. Not sure what I did to cause this, but after I rested at the bonfire before Margot a couple times, I got warped to this hub world with a blacksmith. Bring a bunch of shards and go to down.

Oh yeah, I'm trapped in the hub world. How the hell do you leave? Jumping down lands you in a big room that looks like an exit...behind a nasty red phantom sorcerer. I'll try that.

Couple more questions:

Anyone find a place to farm or buy upgrade shards?

And what is a "legacy dungeon"?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So far besides all the player notes that basically indicate "yes you can reach this ledge" I've only found one that helped at all, it was about an ambush around a corner. The vast majority are lies and people calling the liar a liar.

Yeah, tons of that "fake wall ahead" shit. I got used to this in DS1 Remastered.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
5 hours flew by and I still feel I haven't scratched the surface. Found the Claymore!

Quick question though...

Is margit the first "main" boss you are supposed to fight? that dude wrecked my shit. Feel like I was underleveld as my +1 longsword wasn't doing anything to him. Ran around and found the claymore and upgraded it to +2, hoping that helps.

Yeah, don't feel bad if you have to go do some side shit to level up and get weapon upgrades.

I consider myself very good at Soulsborne games and the 2 main bosses in that area pushed my shit in hard until I did some heavy leveling/upgrading

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For you people missing weapons, how?

Right after the spot where you meet the maiden for leveling there is a flail and a Lordsworn's Greatsword in chests. How are you not already rocking a 2H STR build?
For those rocking str.. May like to hop over and try out the golden halberd from the newb horse boss when able. Str30 dex14 faith 12...that thing has monstrous reach

• 1Solidarity

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Main story bosses feel like they're straight out of Sekiro.

Fucking brutal with a 2h str build but that's the price of going big dick all the time
On 1st actual boss
I eventually gave up summoning help cause everyone keeps dying over and over again.

Finally solo'ed with wolves but took too many tries...

Reminds me of this bad boy from bb. So hairpulling fun

3 (1).png

• 1Like

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
For those rocking str.. May like to hop over and try out the golden halberd from the newb horse boss when able. Str30 dex14 faith 12...that thing has monstrous reach
I killed that boss after hours of wiping only to realize I couldn't equip his weap yet. Obviously I was supposed to skip that dude when first reaching limgrave...

I'm wondering If i should go str/faith, dex/faith or str+dex/faith, is dex that important for fast casting? or is it minor?

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
Margit has me jumping off the fucking cliff in frustration now. Lmao holy shit.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users