Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
You can only be invaded if you use the fingercalling item that lets you see co-op summon signs. That essentially "turns on" multiplayer and invasions.

Ahh, that explains it. I don't use those, just my own summon. NPC summons still show without it. That's great.

Goonsquad Officer
This game is simply amazing and I really hope other studios take notice and learn from this title, though I do wish it was easier to make sense of the actual story.
yea it's kind of hard to get a story tangent. the 'ranni the witch' questline series gives a great set of clues and items with descriptions about the lore. highly reccomend if you're not above peeking at the wiki.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
We did boys Malenia down. Once I got gud at dodging her phase 2 dive and flower bloom I beat her in short order.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Margott down, took a while to get my brain to stop panic rolling everytime I got hit, but it really wasnt too bad, aside from that stupid blood attack that almost 1 shotted me.

Still think Radahn was my hardest encounter so far.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Anyone have a bolt of gransax they could drop for me on ps4/ps5? I think i just need to pick it up and drop it back to you. I missed it in Leyndell and it's the only item I need for platinum trophy. I don't really want to pull the trigger on NG+ yet. PSN is narbleton.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This game is just amazing.

Decided to leave Malenia and Maliketh to find and kill Rykard. Didn't realize I had skipped over that entire area lol.

Good call it turns out.

ELDEN RING™_20220313010126.jpg

Grabbed this armor, the Blasphemous Blade, maxxed it out, then proceeded to need 3 attempts to take down Malenia lol.

100 hour mark reached heh.

• 2Like

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only thing that’s been a big turn off so far is the invaders. Maybe I just don’t understand how that works…
Yeah, so I definitely didn’t understand it. Went to offline mode and still got attacked by the same guy. Turns out it was an NPC…doh.

Khane

You wont miss out on anything playing offline as far as I know unless you want summon other players to help you with encounters. But doing that only cheapens the experience

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Killed Rykard and Mohg last night, both awesome fights but that transition too phase 2 on Mohg I was not expecting him too go nuts..

But both great fights Mohg > Rykard though....(I've never really cared for gimmick fights..)

Khane

I dont know why developers insist on gimmick fights like that. It's like those awful vehicle quests in MMOs. Just let me play my fucking character. It's weird From Software put that in the game. It's the only fight like that and it's just stupid because if you upgrade it, it does idiotic damage to him

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, so I definitely didn’t understand it. Went to offline mode and still got attacked by the same guy. Turns out it was an NPC…doh.
If you’re playing offline and get invaded, it’s an NPC. There are a lot of them, some are tied to quest lines

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I kinda liked Rykards gimmick but generally yeah I hate fights like that.

One shot Maliketh, amazing the difference a weapon can make.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Finished Margott andbwas trying to figure out how to make it to the mark on the map.....after the grace site I went back up and had like 4 flasks left and suddenly everything went black and I had to fight 2 fell onens.

Jesus that was a nightmare, I beat them with zero flasks left and like a sliver of health, definitely wasnt ready for that!!!

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I dont know why developers insist on gimmick fights like that. It's like those awful vehicle quests in MMOs. Just let me play my fucking character. It's weird From Software put that in the game. It's the only fight like that and it's just stupid because if you upgrade it, it does idiotic damage to him
So I went to drop my sign there and help people, not thinking about it. People invading and we’re all holding the giant serpent spears, not our usual weapons. Pretty good idea from the invader side!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Pop a silver pickle and kill rats they drop like candy.

What's a good place to farm rats for Rune Arcs?

The capitol sewers springs to mind but I despise that place. I'm basically out of Rune Arcs though, wouldn't mind having a bunch more.

It's funny how I'm basically playing this like an MMO now. Like I reached endgame and beat it, now I'm playing in short doses to go farm or get some AAs or whatever.

Khane

So I never went to Deeproot Depths or the area under Leyndell. And now that i beat the game i want to just look up everything i missed before NG+. This is where playing on PS5 sucks. I might just unhook it and bring it into my office and plug it into one of monitors so i have a computer there to look shit up on

• 1Solidarity

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
What's a good place to farm rats for Rune Arcs?

The capitol sewers springs to mind but I despise that place. I'm basically out of Rune Arcs though, wouldn't mind having a bunch more.

It's funny how I'm basically playing this like an MMO now. Like I reached endgame and beat it, now I'm playing in short doses to go farm or get some AAs or whatever.
Rats around the corner from a grace point in storm veil. I’m sure there is a better spot but worked well enough.

here looks better:

• 2Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So I never went to Deeproot Depths or the area under Leyndell. And now that i beat the game i want to just look up everything i missed before NG+. This is where playing on PS5 sucks. I might just unhook it and bring it into my office and plug it into one of monitors so i have a computer there to look shit up on
Have you heard of a smartphone?

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rats around the corner from a grace point in storm veil. I’m sure there is a better spot but worked well enough.

here looks better:
Castle Morne (Rampart Gaol) is probably the best if you use silver fowl foot to boost item discovery, since you don't want to be doing it anywhere you have to fast travel to reset.

• 1Like