Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Do you mean the catacombs inside the sewers? Notably the boss drops the blood dmg talisman, 20% dmg for 20secs when something bleeds(you or an enemy), it's really strong for meta bleed builds, you can proc it on yourself with sepukku even for immune to bleed bosses, and anything not immune means you can usually keep very good uptime. If you're not using a bleed build there's not much reason to go there iirc.

The dungeon you can afk at is the one northeast in the desert that's Radahn's area, after you defeat him. War-torn catacombs iirc or something like that, for some reason it's a high level area(like 100+) but the interesting part is at the entrance, there's ghosts fighting each other, and they respawn when killed. Since they eventually kill each other, you get runes, then they respawn and keep giving runes. It's not fast by any means, it takes a while for them to die usually, but you can just sit at the entrance afk and get runes that way passively over time. You can also speed it up manually by backstabbing the mobs but it can be a bit dangerous since the mobs hit like trucks in there, if you get impale grabbed by the spear guys there's a good chance you die in one hit. No actual loot there though, just a golden seed(boss is one of the big tree worm shit) and a legendary ash summon if you need the achievement. Catacomb boss in sewers might have one of these too.

Nice, I totally missed that blood talisman. Gonna go get it in both of my games (PS4 and 5) because I have a bleed build in both now.

PS4 I'm still outside the capitol because Draconic Tree Sentinel is a bastard. Haven't taken down Radahn yet either but I might try that trick for a bit after I do take him down. I'm super under-leveled in that run and doing chip damage outside of the blood procs (both swords are blood now).

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220621_181243.jpg

Got the talisman, this'll help with NG+ Malenia.

I'm a broken record, but it's insane that I'm still regularly finding out about (really good) things I missed after 130 hours.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I feel the same way and I have been going out of my way to clear every nook and cranny with my mage play. Clearing the fucking treetops as a mage in Hagtree was not as rough as I thought it would be, but its still basically impossible as a melee. Everything in that part of the run is designed to frustrate. Rest of Hagtree was a breeze, though. Stopped just short of Melenia, because I want to stratagize a bit and get some more faith into my core build. Not sure how a wizard even tackles that fight with how it is designed. Disclosure: I have the stats to pick up a shield and carry an MLGS, but I have only done it twice the entire playthrough when I ran out of mana or to block those fucking archers on the rooftops in the Hagtree 3 Torch Villiage of invisible rape.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I feel the same way and I have been going out of my way to clear every nook and cranny with my mage play. Clearing the fucking treetops as a mage in Hagtree was not as rough as I thought it would be, but its still basically impossible as a melee. Everything in that part of the run is designed to frustrate. Rest of Hagtree was a breeze, though. Stopped just short of Melenia, because I want to stratagize a bit and get some more faith into my core build. Not sure how a wizard even tackles that fight with how it is designed. Disclosure: I have the stats to pick up a shield and carry an MLGS, but I have only done it twice the entire playthrough when I ran out of mana or to block those fucking archers on the rooftops in the Hagtree 3 Torch Villiage of invisible rape.

That village can totally suck it. Only thing in ER that I think was a terrible choice. And maybe the chariots, and those murder robot things. Mainly just that one village though. Consecrated Snowfield is great, Haligtree is great, that town is horrible

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You can fake the archers out, use throwing daggers at the building/roof behind them to make them look the other way

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You can fake the archers out, use throwing daggers at the building/roof behind them to make them look the other way

I used Radahn's Greatarrows to knock them off the roof entirely. It was the only thing I found that worked, and even getting a few shots of those off was tough with their sniper-like aim.

I'll try this fake-out when I do it this time.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
38 hours in on first playthrough. Slowly went through Limgrave, Stormveil, Siofra via the elevator in the woods. Now working through Caelid and getting my ass kicked by t-rex dogs. No guides.

Excellent game so far.

Took a break for a few weeks. Still in Caelid. Wtf is up with the invaders by the giant jar in the north? They fuck me up with bleed in about 2 seconds.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Took a break for a few weeks. Still in Caelid. Wtf is up with the invaders by the giant jar in the north? They fuck me up with bleed in about 2 seconds.
I still can beat that. I can maybe get two of them down but then the third one will fuck me over. Apparently the Invaders are people that have completed it, with the challenge actual builds.

So go figure if most of them have a rivers of blood, or meta bleed builds. I guess it's just a random on what type of dipshit you're going to end up fighting. I've gone back to try to do it periodically but I just have not had any luck with it.

• 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you play offline, I think theyre just generic and wont be OP builds

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What are you guys referring to? Invaders where? People that completed what challenge?

I just recently found the giant jar in north Caelid after finding a route over there through some dungeon. I missed all that on the first couple runs. Looked to me like the arena was locked like the others and the giant jar didn't have much to say. Didn't get invaded.

Funny thing about all of this is I didn't end my first playthrough (110 hours) until I "did everything" and since then it turned out there were like 50 things I missed.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What are you guys referring to? Invaders where? People that completed what challenge?

I just recently found the giant jar in north Caelid after finding a route over there through some dungeon. I missed all that on the first couple runs. Looked to me like the arena was locked like the others and the giant jar didn't have much to say. Didn't get invaded.

Funny thing about all of this is I didn't end my first playthrough (110 hours) until I "did everything" and since then it turned out there were like 50 things I missed.

When you talk to him, 3 red summoning signs appear. Beat all 3 in a row and you get a talisman

• 1Like

Caeden

It’s also very random. I got raped three times in a row then managed to destroy the next set. I was still playing moonveil at the time.

I haven’t done haligtree yet on any play. 140. I’m on vacation Until Saturday but I plan to start learning that area then. I pretty much drank the koolaid that said it was awful and made people question why they even played videogames. I didn’t want an existential crisis so never went.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It’s also very random. I got raped three times in a row then managed to destroy the next set. I was still playing moonveil at the time.

I haven’t done haligtree yet on any play. 140. I’m on vacation Until Saturday but I plan to start learning that area then. I pretty much drank the koolaid that said it was awful and made people question why they even played videogames. I didn’t want an existential crisis so never went.

Its only super rape on the branches. You can suicide past and then its only regular rape after that.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Its only super rape on the branches. You can suicide past and then its only regular rape after that.
I’m running dex arcane on this one. I was gonna try goosing some int to use the invisibility sorc then run around black flaming everything. Or I guess I could smack together a great bow.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
In the books you've got these little drips and drabs throughout the series with people speculating all the way back during the usenet days about Jon's true heritage. After a quarter century of waiting to see where it all goes the answer is basically nowhere. Oh hey I'm actually legitimate royalty guess I'll fuck off back to exile the end fuck you.

edit - I remember one post I read that went about like this,

"No, your three favorite characters are not going to be riding dragons at the end."

That dude wasn't cynical enough by half.

Not sure if you want to "complete" the Haligtree or not, but I got so pissed off at that zone, that I just sprinted through the branches, and the spell casters with their bullshit summons, and the other spell casters in the robes in the tree houses, and made it all the way to the boss fight. From there, even if you die, you start right at the boss fight, so fuck the rest of that zone. The castle part after you kill Loretta is hard, but fun. Fuck the first part of that area. Just run through it. Also, fuck the village you have to figure out to get to the Haligtree. Those god damn casters with the fucking auto fire spells is the biggest bullshit in the entire game. I mean, at least give me a 2 second window to try and dodge their spells.