Epic Games Storefront - A Good Incentive for Piracy

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I will never get tired at the amount of salt the Epic store generates. That must be the real business model. Epic is actually a front for a vast salt mining syndicate.

I have to install another store for a game I really want and the store sucks because it doesn't integrate my snapchat feed into it. WHATEVER WILL I DO!?
I'm not sure if people like you are retarded or actually trying to be dense for a reaction.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
The epic store does not bother me. Therefore you can color me retarded.

I mean the whole breaking it down into "It's just using another storefront lol" instead of actually understanding why people have a problem with using that specific storefront when it's known only feature is giving your personal details out to strangers.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Demo for Heavy Rain is up. It wasn't initially working (restart the client) and someone replied to the demo twitter thread with who the killer is, does that pretty much ruin the game?

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Well Hopefully GOG Galaxy will take a giant shit in all their collective cheerios.
Single Platform not tied to a shitty(epic), greedy(steam)or retarded(Uplay) store fronts interfacing with all their APIs that let you run the game from a single point?
Yes please!

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
If I want the game I buy it.

If I have to jump through a hoop or two I see how much I want the game.

If I have to do too many hoops I do not buy the game.

I remember going to Egghead and Babbages and Software Etc in the mall. Back when 80's/90's hair ruled and perky tits were on display proudly.

And the smell of unwashed gamers could peel paint.

A different launcher is not exactly a chore.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
If I want the game I buy it.

If I have to jump through a hoop or two I see how much I want the game.

If I have to do too many hoops I do not buy the game.

I remember going to Egghead and Babbages and Software Etc in the mall. Back when 80's/90's hair ruled and perky tits were on display proudly.

And the smell of unwashed gamers could peel paint.

A different launcher is not exactly a chore.

Tell that to Epic, they can't even get there security working correctly, don't even get me started on the No Cart feature they built into that garbage pile..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Tell that to Epic, they can't even get there security working correctly, don't even get me started on the No Cart feature they built into that garbage pile..

Security breach isn't confirmed, though FortNite did have a vulnerability to play as other accounts, I don't believe it involved the store or using login credentials.

Also you can believe him or not but Sweeney denies the claims the store was ever compromised: Epic Founder Tim Sweeney Denies Epic Games Store Security Breaches

Innocent until proven guilty?

Lastly, security breaches are serious matters and I'd always be skeptical of the business however I'll go ahead and assume you're still using Facebook, Steam, banking institutions, among many others who've had breaches. For your convenience here's a list of companies you can boycott : List of data breaches - Wikipedia
(Epic isn't listed, Steam is)

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm not a big gamer. But it just came to me that you're locked in to a provider once you buy the game. But it one and want the DLC you are tied to the original game provider, get something off humble bundle that goes with the game it goes back to steam. Or am I thinking that wrong?

iannis

Musty Nester
Nope, the product is digital. That alone makes cheeseburger analogies silly.

Market share is important because of those ongoing considerations.

These aren't growing pains. This is structural instability. I mean its fine, whatever. I'm tapping, this shit is bloated enough.is

Once the fortnite well runs dry they won't be a good market for devs anymore.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not a big gamer. But it just came to me that you're locked in to a provider once you buy the game. But it one and want the DLC you are tied to the original game provider, get something off humble bundle that goes with the game it goes back to steam. Or am I thinking that wrong?
Depends on how the game devs set it up. They may do all transactions with 1 store, or they could allow any. Same with launching the game, you may not even need to store open if the game allows it, like single payer games that don't need internet, but again, it's on the devs how they set it up.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Epic Games Store : The definition of butterface

• 1Worf

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Security breach isn't confirmed, though FortNite did have a vulnerability to play as other accounts, I don't believe it involved the store or using login credentials.

Also you can believe him or not but Sweeney denies the claims the store was ever compromised: Epic Founder Tim Sweeney Denies Epic Games Store Security Breaches

Innocent until proven guilty?

Lastly, security breaches are serious matters and I'd always be skeptical of the business however I'll go ahead and assume you're still using Facebook, Steam, banking institutions, among many others who've had breaches. For your convenience here's a list of companies you can boycott : List of data breaches - Wikipedia
(Epic isn't listed, Steam is)

Funny thing is ~~

Haven't had FB for years, all my online interactions are done via Gift Cards(Steam, don't use Amazon all that much *shrug*), the only accounts that have my CC info are SE, for FF14(well DB too but that account has been closed for years.)

Thinking about it now it's kinda funny, have always done it this way bahahaha

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Funny thing is ~~

Haven't had FB for years, all my online interactions are done via Gift Cards(Steam, don't use Amazon all that much *shrug*), the only accounts that have my CC info are SE, for FF14(well DB too but that account has been closed for years.)

Thinking about it now it's kinda funny, have always done it this way bahahaha

Lol... this and your last post make you sound like a paranoid kook.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Lol... this and your last post make you sound like a paranoid kook.

naa I know that protections are in place for my CC/Bank but honestly I would rather not take the chance, my family drilled that into my head growing up "Treat your CC/Bank account like your SS#, you'll thank yourself later." *shrug* to each there own I'd say though as far as that is concerned.

Yussef

Molten Core Raider
The PC Gaming Show just wrapped up with some big news for Shenmue III. The new trailer was unveiled and it was announced Shenmue III for PC will be an Epic Games Store exclusive!

Now Shenmue 3 is going to be an Epic Store exclusive. Great. Nice bait and switch with their Kickstarter.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I only recently caught up with this thread and saw that Phoenix Point went Epic exclusive. I emailed Fig support and told them I wanted a refund for that reason, and they said no problem, you'll see a credit on your card in a few days. And it worked, as easy as that. Thankfully I seem to have gone unaware long enough that they just don't care to argue anymore and do it, no questions asked.

All Epic store shit aside (I've never installed it, so have no idea if I care about it or not, but I don't want yet another one), I can honestly say I probably wouldn't have even played the game in the first year anyway, so I'll just wait for it to be under $20 on Steam (probably under $10) and add it to my list of unplayed games, except all on one platform!