Epic Seven

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
aye i guess i was confused cause the description was worded as single attack, and not single target attack. Thanks tho! :)

So i tried the tamarine out a lil bit, and i must say im kinda disappointed. I dont know if its a bug, or if thats intended (i tend toward the bug), but her s3 basically reset to 9turn cd after each fight. She is basically useless unless u can pair her with iseria. Hope they going to fix/change her else its really a huge waste of marks.

Last edited:

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What am I doing wrong with Wyvern10? I had 3 debuffs on him and he does some AoE and kills 3/4 people in 1 shot.

Molten Core Raider
When he puts up the shield, you gotta bring it down before his next attack or he does that big damage dash. Number of debuffs doesnt matter when the shield is up, although if you have poisons or bleeds on him they can potentially finish the barrier off before his does his dash if you dont get it down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

When he puts up the shield, you gotta bring it down before his next attack or he does that big damage dash. Number of debuffs doesnt matter when the shield is up, although if you have poisons or bleeds on him they can potentially finish the barrier off before his does his dash if you dont get it down.

Thanks, seems my damage is lacking then, cant kill the shield in time.

Molten Core Raider
Use Arky is your guardian. His activation is only 30 souls so you'll have him available often, just let one of your supports fire him off during the shield phase for extra damage. What team are you using?

Aazrael

Using Angelica, Kise, Ken and Aramintha atm, can switch out for Commander Lorina and Sez, they are all lvl 60.

Also got Surin but she is only lvl 40 but I can see how good her debuffs can be.

Edit: I have not spent much time building for Wyvern, I've been doing story mode and side stories and abyss etc until now. Can do Wyvern 9 pretty easy. I got the shield down now but the issue now is his first double spit usally kills one dps or I cant recover enough health do keep them up. Also debuffs dont land too often. :p

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
What's really weird is that to me, Wyvern 11 is easier than Wyvern 10. W11 is a whole different animal than 10 in that you gotta build your team differently, but you don't have to deal with the same shit.

In w11, he does 3 spits every attack, no reducing it with debuffs, but, he does 30% less damage to ice units and takes more damage from them. He does the same crap with the shield though. You already have the base of a solid w11 team in Angelica and Kise. I see people using Taranor Guard, Aither, even Alexa as budget options to round out their groups (Diene, Krau, Clarissa, and Karin are some really top shelf options if you have them). Personally, I'd be looking into what other Ice units you have that could help you with w11 cause any work you put into clearing w10 is probably not gonna help for w11.

Aazrael

What's really weird is that to me, Wyvern 11 is easier than Wyvern 10. W11 is a whole different animal than 10 in that you gotta build your team differently, but you don't have to deal with the same shit.

In w11, he does 3 spits every attack, no reducing it with debuffs, but, he does 30% less damage to ice units and takes more damage from them. He does the same crap with the shield though. You already have the base of a solid w11 team in Angelica and Kise. I see people using Taranor Guard, Aither, even Alexa as budget options to round out their groups (Diene, Krau, Clarissa, and Karin are some really top shelf options if you have them). Personally, I'd be looking into what other Ice units you have that could help you with w11 cause any work you put into clearing w10 is probably not gonna help for w11.
Screenshot_20190211-183028_Epic Seven.jpg
With a shitload of luck and Arky just in time for shields I got him. 😀

I got Karin and Krau, but nothing invested in them yet. Also got Taranor Guard. I'll edit this post with my units in a bit, sucks typing on phone.

Edit: My units below:
6 star: Ken, Sez, Kise, Angelica, Commander Lorina, Zeno and Aramintha.
5 star: Krau, Destina, Chloe, Yuna, Challenger Dominiel, Serila, Silk, Falconeer Kluri, Charlotte and Carmainrose
4 star: Crimson Armin, Surin, Lots, Dingo, Achates, Karin and Alexa

Plus all the common ones thats 3 star. Got all the banshees and Otillie.

Will probably focus and build Krau next, I see lots of people liking him, maybe I will level Karin as well.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
Krau, Karin, Angelica, Kise and you will faceroll wyvern 11. It wont even be a close fight. If you have the Rhianna and Luciella artifact, do Karin next. She becomes a machine. I've had mine attack 4 times in a row and single handedly bring down a wyverns shield when everything procs like it should. Im actually very jealous of your setup, once you get everyone to 60 and some decent gear it will be way more stable and consistent than what Im running.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
View attachment 194105
With a shitload of luck and Arky just in time for shields I got him. 😀

I got Karin and Krau, but nothing invested in them yet. Also got Taranor Guard. I'll edit this post with my units in a bit, sucks typing on phone.

Edit: My units below:
6 star: Ken, Sez, Kise, Angelica, Commander Lorina, Zeno and Aramintha.
5 star: Krau, Destina, Chloe, Yuna, Challenger Dominiel, Serila, Silk, Falconeer Kluri, Charlotte and Carmainrose
4 star: Crimson Armin, Surin, Lots, Dingo, Achates, Karin and Alexa

Plus all the common ones thats 3 star. Got all the banshees and Otillie.

Will probably focus and build Krau next, I see lots of people liking him, maybe I will level Karin as well.

Echoing what Nyx said, Karin has the best potential for damage given you can invest well in her (She'll need a lot of crit, 100% preferably and high effectiveness if you want her to be your armor debuffer--which does well at).

Taranor Guard also is a beast, but as I said before, he's kind of got a doughnut hole of progression. He can be an excellent debuffer if you toss three Molgoras at his S1 (To get to 60% chance) and get him to a good speed/effectiveness. He doesn't need any other stats and between his double attack rate and high application/speed he'll keep the armor debuff up. If you invest a lot in him, he can be a fucking beast--easily one of the top DPS. (But it requires a lot, lots of Malgora and a nice double attack offset/extra damage on debuff set or speed. You can get his double attack up to 20%, its pretty crazy.)

I'd go with Karin though if you get decent crit.

Aazrael

Echoing what Nyx said, Karin has the best potential for damage given you can invest well in her (She'll need a lot of crit, 100% preferably and high effectiveness if you want her to be your armor debuffer--which does well at).

Taranor Guard also is a beast, but as I said before, he's kind of got a doughnut hole of progression. He can be an excellent debuffer if you toss three Molgoras at his S1 (To get to 60% chance) and get him to a good speed/effectiveness. He doesn't need any other stats and between his double attack rate and high application/speed he'll keep the armor debuff up. If you invest a lot in him, he can be a fucking beast--easily one of the top DPS. (But it requires a lot, lots of Malgora and a nice double attack offset/extra damage on debuff set or speed. You can get his double attack up to 20%, its pretty crazy.)

I'd go with Karin though if you get decent crit.
Got her up to 88% with mixed gear. Its the highest I can get at the moment. Will pray for RNG when I upgrade later, no gold atm.

Molten Core Raider
That's what my Karin's crit rate is and she does fine. She could do better if I yanked the gear off Lorina but I cant afford to do that every couple days as I need Lorina for the raid and guild wars. They really need to drop that gold cost to unequip items....dropping 300k just to take off a gear set is kinda ridiculous.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
That's what my Karin's crit rate is and she does fine. She could do better if I yanked the gear off Lorina but I cant afford to do that every couple days as I need Lorina for the raid and guild wars. They really need to drop that gold cost to unequip items....dropping 300k just to take off a gear set is kinda ridiculous.

Agreed, the un-equip cost needs to go. It is just holding the game back from people being able to experiment more or use other characters.

Aazrael

Think I might be doing something wrong with some units. Like C. Dominiel, my Karin does not do much dmg. She got 100% crit now and she does like 2k dmg when Kise crits for 6k+, granted Karin is only lvl 50 and Kise is 60. Will the last 10 levels do that much of a difference?

When I tried C Dom she didnt do any dmg either, was better using Aramintha.

Molten Core Raider
C. Dom is a weird unit. You have to build a team around her for her to be landing the 30k crits you see people bragging about, she does not play well with all units. The finer details I cant really expand on as I don't have her so I havent done much on learning how she operates :p

Karin can be beastly with the right setup. The trick to Karin is not so much how much damage she does in one turn, but how many turns she takes. If you dont have the Rhianna and Luciella artifact, Karin will be a very disappointing unit for you to use. With all the extra attacks she will take from her S2, R&L, extra turns for killing stuff, etc, she just overwhelms enemies. On a Wyvern 11 with def down it's not uncommon for my Karin to land hits in the 10k range even in her average gear.

On a side note, Luna is hitting today with her limited banner. If you've got bookmarks saved or money to burn, go for her. She's a top shelf dps unit (ice element, good for wyvern), has def down debuffs and big jublies (which seems to be the main reason reddit wants her).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah i saved up my marks for luna after i got tama.
They also fixed (and changed) tamarine skills, increased the amount of healing, full turn only on first fight on s3, and s2 in idols heals too. It became quite an awesome unit now imho.
New event also seem to give out lot of goodies, pretty nice patch all in all.

For dominiel, to get those insane numbers, i think u need to skip the turn with arky, while being sure all the other unit crits. Her next atk gain increased dmg stack x crit. Plus ofc u want her s2 maxed. Prob Crit dmg set with crit as equip goes.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

C. Dom is a weird unit. You have to build a team around her for her to be landing the 30k crits you see people bragging about, she does not play well with all units. The finer details I cant really expand on as I don't have her so I havent done much on learning how she operates :p

Karin can be beastly with the right setup. The trick to Karin is not so much how much damage she does in one turn, but how many turns she takes. If you dont have the Rhianna and Luciella artifact, Karin will be a very disappointing unit for you to use. With all the extra attacks she will take from her S2, R&L, extra turns for killing stuff, etc, she just overwhelms enemies. On a Wyvern 11 with def down it's not uncommon for my Karin to land hits in the 10k range even in her average gear.

On a side note, Luna is hitting today with her limited banner. If you've got bookmarks saved or money to burn, go for her. She's a top shelf dps unit (ice element, good for wyvern), has def down debuffs and big jublies (which seems to be the main reason reddit wants her).
Yea I need the r and l, Karin is fast and hits ok I guess. Can only summon 13 times so heres hoping for Luna. 😅

This is the first gacha game I really enjoy, I did try Kings Raid but it was too chaotic graphic wise and like 5 popups to buy shit when I started the game.

I have done the story on world diff and now Im stuck at floor 59 in abyss so I am currently at a wall I need to break through.

Havent spent much cash either, only the montly bonus pack so I might pull out the old card and get the summon pack for Luna.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
Yeah i saved up my marks for luna after i got tama.
They also fixed (and changed) tamarine skills, increased the amount of healing, full turn only on first fight on s3, and s2 in idols heals too. It became quite an awesome unit now imho.
The only problem is it doesnt look like her base stats got a buff, so she's still going to be very fragile compared to the other Soulweavers out there which will be a big issue for some content (such as the raid). I had hoped to use her on hell mode Karkanis (her cleanse/dps spikes with the dual attacks would be devastating) but I cant keep her alive long enough to go into Idol form. We'll see how she measures up after the changes.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Indeed. She dies easily.

I've geared mine with a speed/hp set, was thinking of switching to a full hp set with mostly offensive substat, see if it make a difference on her survivability.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Looks like a great update later today. Really hoping I can go 4/4 on banner pulls. Only have like 30 pulls available though unless I spend some $$. We'll see.

Stoked they buffed Tam, I think she could be fairly useful if paired with another SW in certain situations. Maybe now the reddit weebs will chill the feck out with their complaining about Luna.... Love how often the devs of this game push stuff out, nice change of pace from other mobile games I've played.