EQ: Classless.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Still progressing with everything, started work on a DPS meter to replace combat spam in chat. Surprised EQ1 hasn't gone this route yet.

TqGvhH4.png

And also started work on int64 value hitpoints / damage / stats.

3zUz3J6.png

Discord link below:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Hey S Secrets or anyone else: have a working MQ2 with warp for Underfoot client?

Search for "Red Planet MQ2" build. It's free & works with Underfoot.

I've made a ROF2-compatible warp as well, though it's mostly built into my server DLL and I compile a special version of it for use on emu servers that allow it.

MMOBugs has paid builds for all EQ client versions.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Anyone else returning? Anyone around from RIP that can give me my epics back? I plan on playing again for a while.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Search for "Red Planet MQ2" build. It's free & works with Underfoot.

I've made a ROF2-compatible warp as well, though it's mostly built into my server DLL and I compile a special version of it for use on emu servers that allow it.

MMOBugs has paid builds for all EQ client versions.

Downloaded it and it works on the server but warp isn't working using any of the commands that the MMOBugs plugin wiki gives. It shows loaded so I dunno. The UF client mq2 they have is using "MQ2MMOWarp" I think.

I have another emu's mq2 with a warp where you just cntrl-right click the mob on map and it warps you (and all your boxes if you have them), that one is nice but it's an rof2 build.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Downloaded it and it works on the server but warp isn't working using any of the commands that the MMOBugs plugin wiki gives. It shows loaded so I dunno. The UF client mq2 they have is using "MQ2MMOWarp" I think.

I have another emu's mq2 with a warp where you just cntrl-right click the mob on map and it warps you (and all your boxes if you have them), that one is nice but it's an rof2 build.

I'd mention it on the MMOBugs discord. They're generally receptive to bug reports.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

S Secrets

okay... I know I asked this... but...

Is there a lazy town way to set up a private EQ server, thats as click-in-play simple? I am wanting to get a small friend reunion going, and do a little group runs- permake them their accounts and characters, start at level 30, and do some stuff, then level them up, give them items, and just kinda re-live dem der glory days.

Ever done it on Azure? figure its the simplest to get a static IP- turn on server, get it going, turn off and let it sit until we need it, then moth ball it

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
S Secrets

okay... I know I asked this... but...

Is there a lazy town way to set up a private EQ server, thats as click-in-play simple? I am wanting to get a small friend reunion going, and do a little group runs- permake them their accounts and characters, start at level 30, and do some stuff, then level them up, give them items, and just kinda re-live dem der glory days.

Ever done it on Azure? figure its the simplest to get a static IP- turn on server, get it going, turn off and let it sit until we need it, then moth ball it

You can't get much simpler than this. Use this installer on any internet-enabled machine. Forward ports 7000-7500, and 9000 UDP. Done.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
How is the Classless server anyhow? Would I be able to get stuff done as a single box?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
How is the Classless server anyhow? Would I be able to get stuff done as a single box?

That's really the only way to play the game right now - by soloing, as it's a 1box server and out of every EQEmulator server, it's probably the most solo friendly. I don't mean that as in a way to get you to try the server, I mean that as in the game is generally abled to be soloed by design as almost every core EQ mechanic is ripped out.

Classless is largely dead, however. Players have pretty much figured out that the gameplay is just a glorified skinner box and moved on for other, more EQ like servers. I am weighing options on what to do with it, but for now, it's paid for indefinitely and up.

• 1Like

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
yo secrets can you hack wineq2 so it doesnt authenticate? I dont want a pro-sub or anything. The free version still has to authenticate and they've been having problems lately. worried about future lack of support

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
didit.png

no auth used, full functionality, skips patching.

not releasing it unless lavishsoft goes down but yea

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
classless 3.0 is underway, going to have a lot of changes, like classless being an optional mechanic but if you choose it, you can use everything except fluff spells like true north etc, and the spells you have loaded will increase your synergy to a specific playstyle (ie; tank, dps, healer, spell damage, melee damage etc) - class based characters will always have full synergy, though.

beyond that, NPCs you fight will determine your stat cap instead of players. you can only scale down to players in your group, not up to endgame players anymore, preventing players from skipping progression early.

in the same respect, augmented gear, augments, and spells are no longer going to be tradeable. you may trade tradeskill components, research components, junk items, plat, and base items without augments (you can get base gear like that from tradeskills, or by using the pvp flag that existed in 2.0/2.5 that disables caps, and by proxy, augments in items)

we're doing away with spell scrolls entirely; instead you will automatically scribe spells when you reach the appropriate level, and classless players will auto-scribe spells from all classes with a percentage chance on kill. more on that later.

one of the biggest problems with classless 1.0/2.0/2.5 is that you ended up progressing way beyond what you should be able to, and loot was so commonplace that people were giving it away like candy. that's being resolved here.

i streamed one of the features for like 5 hours prior to this post, i made a system where personal loot is used instead of shared loot across the whole game. it's not complete yet. we still need to add in lockouts for named creatures and raid creatures. the idea is that you'll be able to request an instance of any raid zone, and have minimal cooldowns on requesting the zone. the only thing that will change is that you, as a player, will get a lockout on obtaining the gear from the boss or named creature. so you can always come back and help your friends with raids, even if you're locked out, provided the friend is able to enter the instance. and NPC gear cap ensures that the content will *always* be challenging, even if you go back to help your friends.

will there be a wipe?
there will almost certainly be a progression wipe of some kind, but it'll be a partial wipe of everything else, not a full character/db wipe. open to discussion on that, and we'll certainly poll past, current and future players on that.
ultimately though we're not sure on wiping. progression and augments/gear are definitely getting wiped, but we will have legacy players get some bonuses to gains up to their previous obtained level in 2.5
open to suggestions, and ultimately, we may poll on if we should just outright full wipe

here's the VOD from the stream. as a forewarning, it's mostly coding and intoxicated coding at that. if you find that interesting, feel free to look lol

i'mma go pass out for now, but wanted to get that info out here

discord link below:

Last edited: