EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am not a hardcore player. I am certainly not anywhere close to a krono farmer but I have made some krono. Is strange to see the economy this energetic given the system of random/free trade. I am enjoying it while it lasts for classic. It will be interesting to see how it carries over to Kunark.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Classic sales are always driven by player or players camping single camp spots with necro, mages enchanters. I dont see any of that being different this classic except now those camp spots are spread out.
Right but its much less of a problem when GEBs drop from any named in the Hole, rather than a bot army just controlling one single camp for eternity. Spreading the loot around lets everyone have a chance at making krono.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Right but its much less of a problem when GEBs drop from any named in the Hole, rather than a bot army just controlling one single camp for eternity. Spreading the loot around lets everyone have a chance at making krono.

My point is overall sales are the same. Does not matter if they come from a bot necro or a player enchanter. The end customer does not care, prices are in line with most other TLPs so far.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
If you look at the normal RMT sites a ton of the usual sellers are sold out and krono price is at $13. I am no expert on RMT but I think I’ve mostly only seen krono go 10-12. So yeah the market seems different.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you look at the normal RMT sites a ton of the usual sellers are sold out and krono price is at $13. I am no expert on RMT but I think I’ve mostly only seen krono go 10-12. So yeah the market seems different.

Krono prices have been $12+ since Mangler pop release.

• 2Picard
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Krono prices have been $12+ since Mangler pop release.
Anyone ever tell you that you are a know-it-all?

Screenshot_20210607-172845_Samsung Internet.jpg

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Either way its way higher than when Agnarr was the main server. Back then kronos were $5-6.
It feels weird to dispute you on this because I know RMT is your thing but I never ever saw krono going for 5-6 and I was very actively playing EQ in the Agnarr era.

• 3Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
It feels weird to dispute you on this because I know RMT is your thing but I never ever saw krono going for 5-6 and I was very actively playing EQ in the Agnarr era.
They weren't. On average they were around $8, but I guess using outliers are ok in his example.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They weren't. On average they were around $8, but I guess using outliers is ok in his example.
Ya I remember buying and selling during Phinny was $8-10. $12 isnt really a good deal unless you are buying a huge amount.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I used to buy in moderate bulk at 9-10 /krono phinny and agnarr era
I don’t haggle my boys cause some of them my buddies - I want them to have all the toppings they want in their hot and readys

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Ya I remember buying and selling during Phinny was $8-10. $12 isnt really a good deal unless you are buying a huge amount.
A big issue I think is that the first time you buy krono from DPG it can take 24 hours to get them delivered. I bet a huge number of people never buy them legit again.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wynt

Trakanon Raider
Krono prices so far are not out of the norms from other servers during the same timeframe. Mangler krono was slightly higher and Aradune was slightly lower at this point.

Will be interesting to see. Krono prices normally spike at launch, then stabilize for 6 weeks and then spike again before the next expansion. Mischief wont have that cooling off period going into kunark or velious. Krono prices always spike the most in classic and velious (and end of pop when the server normally dies). However krono prices drop 15-30% at the start of Luclin and PoP.
Interestingly

Prices kept dropping on Luclin on Aradune for some time. I speculated it had something to do with sg bots being told to cool it for a few weeks. There wasn't enough krono buyers on barter to keep up with demand.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
A big issue I think is that the first time you buy krono from DPG it can take 24 hours to get them delivered. I bet a huge number of people never buy them legit again.

it was literally just more convenient to hit my boy on PayPal when I needed it lol

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I just got a flashback from Combine/Sleeper when quests were OP and there was widespread chaos with Sony trying to play wack a mole nerfing various repeatable quests. There was the wine in Neriak, the muffins in Freeport, obviously the classics such as bone chips in Kaladim, etc, but the main big ones were things like the wine and other quests that were not widely known.

This dude was selling Blued Two-Handed Hammer and I asked if he quested it or if it dropped as a bug and he wouldn't answer, because it was secret. Lol just made me think of all the hoarding of quest knowledge we did back on Combine/Sleeper, to avoid quest nerfs. I'm sure he just got all the staff drops randomly and quested it for bonus monies, but it made me think of that.

Man I have a ton of nostalgia for the original TLP now too. Nostalgia is weird as hell. All the loot drops from Sewers, Jaggedpine, etc. Out of era spells. It was a mess, but lots of fun.

I can't get the motivation to grind this late, I'll join the chaos of the Iksar mess on day 1 probably. Just gotta save up Iksar twink items and decide on class.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Either way its way higher than when Agnarr was the main server. Back then kronos were $5-6.
lol $ 5-6... How can you have the exact population on every server but you think krono were $ 5-6 when agnarr was the main server?

"Mischief has an average pop of 2401 in June
Thornblade has an average pop of 1476 in June
Aradune has an average pop of 1117 in June"

Btw what % of those aradune people are bots do you think? 20% ? 30 %?

I am sure you know the exact # of bots on Aradune better than the rest of us... is it back to 300 after the small luclin ban wave? 250-300 out of 1117 would be quite a funny population % of bots vs real people. 3 people playing 25% of the population. Hilarious.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
lol $ 5-6... How can you have the exact population on every server but you think krono were $ 5-6 when agnarr was the main server?
DBG did a 30% off krono sale around the time Coirnav was launched. Don't think they ever hit that low, but i member them dropping from like 11$ to 7 or 8$.

I member cause i had like 400+ Krono at the time. Shit was like losing over 1000 dollars over night if i wanted to sell them.