EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Sevens

Log Wizard
Level capped TLP. Open more content at the start of the server. X amount of time at lvl 50, 60, 65, etc.

I wanna see 250 people doing AoW and Vulak at lvl 50.
didnt they do that one heroic server...everyone started at 85

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
didnt they do that one heroic server...everyone started at 85
I totally forgot about Miragul. That's a similar concept, but I'd like it to be level locked instead of content locked, and you still start at level 1.

• 1Like

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Love how this server sounds even though I don't play eq anymore. I must have PoK and mercs now or I just cannot enjoy the game. I also absolutely love HoT so I may try this server when that is close to dropping. That's also when group gear is awesome and easy to get.

I'd like to experience everything past VoA this time. Eh, maybe I'd just do it with my group crew on selos. Or on bought 85s here eventually

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I feel like they need to go the Selo's route, going forward. Create 1 server that has some craziness to it (insanely fast leveling, starting in X expansion, random loot, whatever) and 1 server for the "purists".

It's funny watching the people on the official forums bitch about VS dropping PD loot. Why the fuck would you play on a "random loot" server and bitch about random loot?

Sterling

El Presidente
That server never got over 400 people and then was averaging 25 people a few months into it.
Should have been an event server instead of a permanent one. Heroic characters, race to finish VoA or something for stuff.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Should have been an event server instead of a permanent one. Heroic characters, race to finish VoA or something for stuff.

Yeah, they really should do stuff like that. Seasonal or event servers offset from the regular yearly TLP release. I think that could be successful but some time investment on their part.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, they really should do stuff like that. Seasonal or event servers offset from the regular yearly TLP release. I think that could be successful but some time investment on their part.
I think most people that played Quarm enjoyed it, but I think that the company felt like it wasn't a very big success financially since i doubt people bought bags or excessive amounts of potions or the usual things that happen during a regular TLP. On top of that I'd imagine a pretty high percentage of accounts were already active accounts from TLP and live so they didn't even particularly get a very good spike of subs.

• 1Solidarity

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I pretty reliable source told me the back end changes they made over the last year have somehow made it easier to do more creative rulesets and that if Mischief was seen as a success we could probably see more unique servers in the future instead of Phinny clones.

• 6Like
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 8 users

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
I pretty reliable source told me the back end changes they made over the last year have somehow made it easier to do more creative rulesets and that if Mischief was seen as a success we could probably see more unique servers in the future instead of Phinny clones.
It would seem that the future of unique ruleset servers relies not on getting the same TLP players to start over each year, but to bring back people who have never played on a TLP, or have never even played EQ. It seems like Mischief/Thornblade have been really successful in regards to that. I'd be interested to see what other rulesets they think would bring fresh players to TLPs. If it truly is much easier than it used to be, then we could really see some unique and inventive servers.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I hope it was successful enough than. Even if I'm not playing, I want EQ to go forever. They should go wild. As long as it isn't fucking with old graphics, go for it. Hell, write more loot. Write a new boss. Make random bosses spawn in commonlands. Go nuts in my opinion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still want to see a NO key/flag server with NO OW bosses. If they could limit DZs to 54 day 1 that would be great also.

This server would be called the ANTI Zerg server.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Anybody know if a list exists of all the "rare" flagged mobs in classic, Kunark, etc.? Or does anybody remember static rares (non-roaming) that spawn overland (non-dungeon)? I'm having a hard time remembering any except for Xorbb. Mage/Wiz bros are 14 and wanna camp some random gear to start kitting them out with stuff.

I still want to see a NO key/flag server with NO OW bosses. If they could limit DZs to 54 day 1 that would be great also.

Yeah, I really wish they'd remove flagging/keys on a future server.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Anybody know if a list exists of all the "rare" flagged mobs in classic, Kunark, etc.? Or does anybody remember static rares (non-roaming) that spawn overland (non-dungeon)? I'm having a hard time remembering any except for Xorbb. Mage/Wiz bros are 14 and wanna camp some random gear to start kitting them out with stuff.

Yeah, I really wish they'd remove flagging/keys on a future server.
Just use MySEQ and look for #names kekek.

Although, really, everything is supposedly so cheap, that you're better off just trying to kill mobs that drop weapons and sell them for plat and kit out that way. Unless you specifically want to loot your own stuff, which is also tons of fun. In that case, maybe browse Allahkhazam by zone and look around? I do know Xorb is a big one that people sought after and will be 100% worth your while.. I think?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Just use MySEQ and look for #names kekek.

Although, really, everything is supposedly so cheap, that you're better off just trying to kill mobs that drop weapons and sell them for plat and kit out that way. Unless you specifically want to loot your own stuff, which is also tons of fun. In that case, maybe browse Allahkhazam by zone and look around? I do know Xorb is a big one that people sought after and will be 100% worth your while.. I think?
Well, I'm basically just looking to camp mostly static rares, since I don't have track for the PITA roaming variety. It's just a way to level up while farming from the "random" pools of loot, hoping to get lucky.

But, it seems like most "rare" flagged mobs are in dungeons, except for insane spawn timer stuff like Hadden. The only other one I know of/remember is Goonda in WK, but I'm not sure if he's flagged as "rare", since he already has a pretty fucking random loot table as it is.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Look at the hunter achievements for each zone. That will tell you most of the rares and all the ones that qualify for random loot.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Wasn't MoTM and the likes added when raids were OW only? I'd want it removed so you don't need to be the size of TEB to farm pixels in DZs.