EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Starting to get psyched up for this. Instead of a double (Shaman or Necro or conbination) I think I might do Paladin/Shaman, or maybe even just Paladin.

Never really played Paladin seriously and certainly not in a raid format, and it's very different from my usual SK, so I think it might be interesting. Back in 1999 as a kid I really wanted to play Paladin but other classes slightly won over it.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
These started in 2015. Haven't we had enough? How about a server with all xpacs enabled, starting right from the start, race to 120.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Yeah Mayong came out around the SoD era i think, lasted more than 3 days, but not by much. Still better than Miragul.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Combine was the first real tlp, before that they had fresh start no transfer servers but the last one I think was stromm and dropped a few months before ldon. I really am not sure a late fresh start server would have legs except as an event server; the game has just gone on too long. Anything kunark to tss start I'd personally love, but a "merc to 70s and then just grind tasks" server doesn't strike me as appealing to anyone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
1 Semi safe server, 1 retard server aka vaniki style.

Its pretty easy honestly

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Sleeper/Combine were cool because they put some extra thought in to the flavor. For example to get out of Kunark there were a couple different requirements one of which was completing every epic quest with progression tracked on the official website including who did each thing.

• 1Like

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sleeper/Combine were cool because they put some extra thought in to the flavor. For example to get out of Kunark there were a couple different requirements one of which was completing every epic quest with progression tracked on the official website including who did each thing.
Virtual trophies.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Job and Family? Psssh

You guys got a trophy to win.

0AF3F75D-BDB6-4E0B-AE9E-17B8F66BFEB3.jpeg

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Job and Family? Psssh

You guys got a trophy to win.

View attachment 461600

I am kinda amazed how much time some people have to play this game, and I play quite a bit. There are several people in my guild that almost never miss a batphone. I think a lot of older players are kind of at a sweet spot in their lives. Families are raised. Jobs and finances are secure. It's a pretty cheap hobby for all of us nerdy introverted types. I always liked this Bertrand Russell quote... "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am kinda amazed how much time some people have to play this game, and a play quite a bit. There are several people in my guild that almost never miss a batphone. I think a lot of older players are kind of at a sweet spot in their lives. Families are raised. Jobs and finances are secure. It's a pretty cheap hobby for all of us nerdy introverted types. I always liked this Bertrand Russell quote... "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Absolutely but you know I was raiding and having a good time but as my son went from infant to youngster it was an easy decision. Put him on the 2nd computer and farm plat .

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Absolutely but you know I was raiding and having a good time but as my son went from infant to youngster it was an easy decision. Put him on the 2nd computer and farm plat .

Yeah, don't get me wrong. It's a balancing act for sure. EQ can easily turn into an unhealthy obsession if you aren't mindful about it.