EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Shitwynd.
The Wire GIF

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Even if i were inclined to make a guild, as stated above Oakwynd would not be the server for it. What for? So we can collectively reroll in a year? No ty. I need to scratch the itch so ill be joining someone elses guild but make no mistake, if the 25th servers are solid like we all assume they will be, im on the first thing smoking off Shitwynd.

I really want to play again as well but I think I might just leave it for next year and let the hype keep building. Cause this year's offering ain't it unfortunately.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Im gona roll up and check it out probably, but becasue im old and have a job ill only be poopsocking weekends , for as long as that lasts untill the GF gets mad lol. im pretty open class choice wise if there is a group out there who needs another to grind on weekends

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
He'll have enough time to be a retired admiral by the time Pantheon launches.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
G Greyman Faceless is doing an Emp kill on Vaniki this month if you still need that achievement and want to join. Requires you to be level 55.
do you know when they're gonna do this? could be fun i cant remember the last time i lvled a shitter with a mercenary, so i might do that out of boredom lol

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Spent some time on test tonight and it's implemented worse than I thought.

FTE encounters are actually pretty fragile and the mobs seemingly pop out to FFA randomly. This is because social/yell for help aggro only locks them to the encounter as if you feigned, so like 15 seconds. When mobs drop from the FTE encounter lock, they go FFA and do not lock again unless they are fully blurred for 15 seconds.

It was also very easy to peel grey mobs onto healers and other people and give them problems they had no response to. According to the devs on discord, the idea is that if a mob attacks a PC that is outside of their encounter, the encounter will break and the mob will become FFA.

This is very easy to exploit (especially early in an encounter) and makes it almost useless for any meaningful KS prevention. You can heal an encounter off and then DPS race the mob as usually and get credit. Low health aggro also seemed to work, so worst case you could have someone in your group nuke themselves low and break the encounter that way. Additionally, we found that a bunch of solo players sitting around a spawn could fully DPS race a mob before it even locked to any encounter. Two people in a group seemed to tag it over the solo players, making it even more important to run with a box or a group if you are in a camp. This doesn't even include things like dragon AEs 'hitting' non-encounter people and having it break the encounter to a straight DPS race.

Ultimately, it doesn't solve KSing, AE PLing nor training and in fact, leads to all kinds of additional degenerate behavior. As it was on test, the guards wouldn't assist people who were dying (even after a /yell) and individuals with hard aggro had to specifically target each mob to /yell it off. Meanwhile, pull an entire zone with social aggro and flop and every mob in the train becomes FFA and obeys traditional dps/xp rules.

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Also, if you're wondering what you're dealing with wrt to DBG's implementation of 'anti-ksing' measures...

1683689617861.png

Meeko didn't know about how ebolt counted towards a dps race in the first place. :oops:

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
Who was surprised that the FTE stuff was poorly thought out and even more poorly implemented?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
I forgot how silly op mercenaries are just watching him kill 7 things while my level 8 wizard ds tickets for 38 for whatever reason kills everything lol that was a fast 45 levels
i'll have to keep an eye out for a CT kill and use my already 40 mage for it if people still do it

this FTE shit sounds like the launch of this will be pretty comical

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What I was expecting was something very artificial in its implementation. Once a mob if locked you can't get on its aggro list and if you aren't on its aggro list you can't do anything to it. Period. You can't kill steal anything because you can't do anything to it. You can't train anyone because anything you dump on someone cannot add them to its aggro list and the player has a big window to just walk away from whatever the fuck it is.

What we got is way, way worse. Guard assisting no longer works. They do not help you. You can break encounter locking with high threat beneficial spells like runes. You can train shit on to people that they can't do fuck all about.

1683694227940.png

Sounds like taunt does the trick.

I get that it's Test and it's the first day but they only gave themselves two weeks until this thing goes live. It's not like this one mechanic is going to have their undivided attention either.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Meeko was the only dev I saw during that discord dumpster fire that was actively responding to the community and the shit he was saying was eye opening as to how out of touch he is.

I never expected players and devs to be 100% on the same page as to how FTE was actually supposed to work, but what he was saying suggested either he wasn't involved in implementation and doesn't have any understanding himself, or there is a massive disconnect between what the devs intended FTE to mean and what players expected it to mean.

Apparently he spends too much time liking dog pics and talking about his stream in discord and not enough learning the mechanics of the game.