EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That just wasn’t my experience when we did it because mobs in the hole died too slowly and naked leveling rush characters were too weak, odds of dying every time charm broke at an inopportune moment were high. Fwiw we didn’t get down to undead tower, I think we did like docks or w/e that camp is.

Massive difference between undead and docks

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Now onto the Evolving part. For each expansion unlock, we're planning on adding the following benefits to the server. Each benefit will add to the existing instead of replacing the benefits active on the server (unless it's a higher value of an existing benefit). For example, using the list below, when The Scars of Velious unlocks, Legacy Characters, Encounter Locking, and a 125% modifier to the normal loot rate will already be unlocked and with the unlock a 125% modifier to the normal faction changes will be added. These are currently what we have planned for the unlocks:

• Classic - Legacy Characters and Encounter Locking
  • The Ruins of Kunark - Loot Modifier - 125%
  • The Scars of Velious - Faction Modifier - 125%
  • The Shadows of Luclin - AA EXP Modifier - 125%
  • The Planes of Power - Coin Drop Modifier - 150%
  • The Legacy of Ykesha - Lowered spawn timers on all NPCs - 85%
  • Lost Dungeons of Norrath - Alternate Currency Modifier - 150%
  • Gates of Discord - Tribute Donation Modifier - 200%
  • Omens of War - Rare Spawn Modifier - 200% - Relax Truebox to 3
  • Dragons of Norrath - Faction Modifier - 200%
  • Depths of Darkhollow - Evolving Item EXP Modifier - 150%
  • Prophecy of Ro – Chance to Increase Skills Modifier (includes Tradeskills) - 200%
  • The Serpent's Spine - Loot Modifier - 200%
  • The Buried Sea - Alternate Currency Modifier - 200% - Remove Truebox
  • Secrets of Faydwer - Faction Modifier - 300%
  • Seeds of Destruction - EXP Modifier - 125%
  • Underfoot - Tribute Use Reduction - 75%
  • House of Thule - AA EXP Modifier - 150%
  • Veil of Alaris - Alternate Currency Modifier - 250%
  • Rain of Fear - Collection Spawn Time Modifier - 75%
  • Call of the Forsaken - Mercenary AA EXP Modifier - 200%
  • The Darkened Sea - Lowered spawn timers on all NPCs - 70%
  • The Broken Mirror - EXP Modifier - 150%
  • Empires of Kunark - Rare Spawn Modifier - 300%
  • Ring of Scale - AA EXP Modifier - 175%
  • The Burning Lands - Luck Modifier - 125%
  • Torment of Velious - Evolving Item EXP Modifier - 200%
  • Claws of Veeshan - AA EXP Modifier - 200%
  • Terror of Luclin - EXP Modifier - 200%
  • Night of Shadows - Rare Spawn Modifier - 400%

I was just looking at the expansion unlock stuff for this server, and the one for The Legacy of Ykesha has me scratching my head.

Lower all NPC's spawn timers by 85% ... If you lower a 10 minute spawn timer by 85% that makes it a 1.5 minute respawn timer. You could potentially have respawns non stop in some rooms and never have any time to med at all.

Then The Darkend Sea expansion lowers the spawn timer an additional 70%. That makes that 10 minute respawn be less than half a minute respawn timer.

Am I seeing this wrong?

Needless

Toe Sucker
I assume its down to 85% of the normal timer, so the 10 minute one would be 8.5 minutes? then down to 7 minutes with the 70% change.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I assume its down to 85% of the normal timer, so the 10 minute one would be 8.5 minutes? then down to 7 minutes with the 70% change.
That's how I perceive it too.

If all they did was lower respawn timers of specific expansions it'd be massively popular. 25% respawn times (so, 10 minutes becomes 2.5 minutes) for classic would be great for some zones. 50% would be safer generally.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah that would be pretty fun, but good god would the powerleveling scene be even more ridiculous on this server lol

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Who else is slumming around for this garbage? I'm way too late to the party for a static but planning on getting to 50 by weekend anyway

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Checked my logs again for Mangler Kunark unlock. Think my group was MAYBE first to 54, but people were in Chardok and caught up to us within 30 minutes then absolutely denolished us in exp. Though some of these groups had 3 charm pets and 3 oog mage pets (lul) so not sure our sham/sk/sk/mage/enchanter/xxx group coule compete.

As far as I can tell his Lordship Atabishi was perhaps the first 60 on Mangler, I have him a level ahead of me 7 hours into launch.

Elementals are okay exp, but plentiful as fuck. Golems are hard to kill in classic but a WMD charm pet. Camp and puller ability really helps. It's basically slabs for top spot for elemental groups. Docks has a lot of golem spawns but few spawns altogether.

Needless

Toe Sucker
anyone else get this annoying need to clear their cache to get the launcher to load lately? usually i just run a patchme shortcut but when i need to patch it always makes me clear that shit

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
for any of you who have done launch tlp. how long after opening time before login on average? server still locked