EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pro-tip for those farming damaged artifacts. I had found three right off the bat sifting through about a half million dirt. I used one to upgrade a pick, other two sat in inventory while I was diamond farming/dirt farming. I sifted through 3 million dirt, and found not one more damaged artifact.

Today, I took the Artifacts out of my backpack, and into a chest. Sifted through 250k dirt. Found 3 more artifacts, and each time I found one I stuck it immediately in the chest with the other artifacts.

I'm either extremely lucky, or something is going on with having artifacts physically on you.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Pro-tip for those farming damaged artifacts. I had found three right off the bat sifting through about a half million dirt. I used one to upgrade a pick, other two sat in inventory while I was diamond farming/dirt farming. I sifted through 3 million dirt, and found not one more damaged artifact.

Today, I took the Artifacts out of my backpack, and into a chest. Sifted through 250k dirt. Found 3 more artifacts, and each time I found one I stuck it immediately in the chest with the other artifacts.

I'm either extremely lucky, or something is going on with having artifacts physically on you.
Interesting...will test it

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Contest entry is in.. it seems to be a pain-in-the-ass to find entries though, the search box doesn't seem to work for the Contest. Using the search box only gets non-contest results.

You actually have to filter by the contest and scroll through them... here's what my entry looks like:

rrr_img_65824.jpg

rrr_img_65825.jpg

Siliconemelons

That would actually be a great idea except after looking at pics of the Qeynos clock, I would have made it entirely different had I seen this idea earlier lol.
The issue I have with the decrepit version is that the marble/woods/metals are too pristine looking and do not fit. Ideally I need to change these materials to something more faded/ugly looking, which is definitely possible, but I just didn't feel like spending the time on it, especially since I like the pristine version much better...

However, the Qeynos clock idea is such a good suggestion that it kinda makes me want to make a whole new clock tailored around that concept.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/scen...ynos-clock.jpg
I usually can come up with great ideas and can express and guide visual content- I just usually cannot actually do it myself- back in highschool I had a friend that had skill and talent but lacked source ideas- we worked well together :p you have both- anyone playing this game a lot does, and honestly it actually seems to increase both sides of the process- looking what what people have made etc, wow.

as for remaking the clock to fit the qeynos idea is not really- they have shown that "landmarks" in EQ are often reinvesioned PoF gate etc from Eq1 2 etc etc- so it can be your take on the thing, the actual clock needs not be an ACTUAL copy of Eq1's clock..

I think EQ2 qeynos has the clock still, would be more insperation.

My laptop is absolutely rapped by landmark so I can only actually DO anything at home, not at work
frown.png

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Contest entry is in.. it seems to be a pain-in-the-ass to find entries though, the search box doesn't seem to work for the Contest. Using the search box only gets non-contest results.

You actually have to filter by the contest and scroll through them... here's what my entry looks like:

rrr_img_65824.jpg

rrr_img_65825.jpg
I was able to search for "Ravishing" and show all of your stuff. I "liked" it for you (I was #20), so hopefully that's all that is required to get you votes for the contest. If there is more we can do, please let us know.

Also, it showed both clocks. Did you change it back?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I was able to search for "Ravishing" and show all of your stuff. I "liked" it for you (I was #20), so hopefully that's all that is required to get you votes for the contest. If there is more we can do, please let us know.

Also, it showed both clocks. Did you change it back?
no, that is the "non-contest" result . you simply liked my claim, not the contest entry.

Thanks for trying! Unfortunately to Like the contest entry you can't use the search box, you need to browse through all the entries for the contest and try to find it... They randomized them but you can sort by Creator name or Entry Name which makes it easier. My image(s) above show the project name & my IGN.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
no, that is the "non-contest" result . you simply liked my claim, not the contest entry.

Thanks for trying! Unfortunately to Like the contest entry you can't use the search box, you need to browse through all the entries for the contest and try to find it... They randomized them but you can sort by Creator name or Entry Name which makes it easier. My image(s) above show the project name & my IGN.
Ok, voted for the correct one this time, good luck!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Apparently they are wiping all progression items, but you just keep the materials you mined in your inventoryEQNChris comments on How long till you have enough tools to build well?

I guess if you've maxed the number of basic materials you have, it should be relatively fast to craft back up to tier 6 and stuff. . .
That's a real kick to the nuts, I was only farming to make legendary tools under the assumption we kept them. This seals the deal for me to not play again till after beta.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I sort of expected they were going to do that. With the upcoming changes to how you get recipes it would have basically removed half the progression for people who bought in early.

Citz

Silver Squire
I'm wondering if you keep your ingots too or just the minerals. Could be an effective way to go over the limit.

vehn

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ok, I'll be the dumbass and ask.

Who is EqNChris? And how reliable is this info?
I thought he is one of the devs or CS dudes, but looking through his posts it doesn't seem that way.so maybe what I linked isn't true at all...

edit: but I replied to his comment and he said we do keep stuff in main inventory, so getting legendary stuff shouldn't be that much of a waste (if true)

Raes

Vyemm Raider
He's just a moron who misinterpreted what the devs have said. He refers to "their" (SOE) ideal and "those ofusin closed beta."

As of right now,there is no planned progression wipe.Only claims.

The Landmark team is extremely communicative with the community. If you don't see it on the main site, twitter, or the livestream, it's probably bullshit. Which this is.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly if they let us keep all the resources then I am not sure how impactful a progression wipe would even be. I have enough stuff on me to max at very minimum spit out green quality max tier harvesting items and now that you don't need to produce the lesser quality stuff to daisy chain your way up then you would be up and going within a few minutes.

For the forseeable future though the only wipes they are planning are claim wipes just so peoples claims down "own" cave entrances or wind up being totally underwater. The only question at all would be when it goes from closed beta to open beta and that does not sound likely until winter at very earliest. From what they are saying open beta/live are going to be somewhat fluid given its free to play and that once it is in open beta it is basically a live launch with some air quotes going on so they have a fig leaf if something major weird happens and they are forced to do some big data repair or something of that nature.

vehn

Silver Knight of the Realm
If I want to get a legendary mithril pick, is the best way to just upgrade my green mithril pick I just crafted? One I just crafted has 4 upgrade slots to it

Citz

Silver Squire
As a minimum, I would suggest you wait until you have one with discovery on it.
Optimally, you want one with discovery, 4-5 upgrade slots and a prefix to upgrade a stat (Crushing, Swift, Great, Exceptionnal or the other one I forgot that boost size)