Eternals (2021)

Ome

Molten Core Raider
What's with the Captain Rogers bit. Its not like she also said Iron Stark. Is that some lame nod to Captain BLM.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
She gets a pass to do whatever she wants after getting me through my formative teenage years

094d57400b28c3a461577ae86d9542e7.png
She doesn't look all that great in those pictures. #6 is decent but that haircut kills it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Best description of this movie comes from Comics Matter on YouTube.

"Diversity Noah's Ark"

Gotta have one of each race, gender and sexuality!

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Inhumans failed so now they are scraping even lower in the barrel? I like me some Kumail, but this seems like a dumb idea.

• 1Dislike

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Inhumans failed so now they are scraping even lower in the barrel? I like me some Kumail, but this seems like a dumb idea.

I know, right. What bottom crap are they gonna drag up next? Guardians of the Galaxy or some such nonsense? Lol.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m not super familiar with The Eternals, and I’m particularly a fan of anyone in the cast. That said this trailer failed to do it’s job and that’s to at least create some interest in the movie. I have no clue where they are going with this, no idea how this ties in the MCU and nothing they showed ”wowed” me in any ways, there wasn’t even some visual stuff that look cool.

This is the first MCU movie that I have zero interest in. This may change as they reveal more, but right now I have no interest.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Jolie is good in some stuff, but she definitely mails it in pretty often so who knows.
She only had a career because of who she married. Without that, she would have been another McGowen.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage

Fucker

Log Wizard
She's not a particularly good actress. She only really had a career because of her family name and she was attractive when she was young. Not sure what she brings to the table now.
Silly looking lips.

Her next role will be Donald Duck.

• 1Garbage

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Salt, Mr and Mrs Smith, Gone in Sixty Seconds and probably a few others were pretty damn good. This trailer was boring as fuck, how about showing wtf is this movie about? Also

angelina-jolie-sexiest-hottest-photos-images-62.jpg

• 3Mother of God
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Caliane

wow, that is just a terrible trailer.

sets up no threat. no action. no story.

Just assholes lording over humanity, stealing any credit for greatness.

• 3Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think ill be skipping this and probably a lot of phase 4. Chasing them Chinabux biting them in the ass.

• 5Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
i'm not sure what they are chasing. Eternals and Shang Chi are currently believed to be banned in China, Shang Chi for having American Asians (?) and the director of Eternals is Chloe Zhao (Nomadland) who is persona non gratis in China due to previous negative comments about the chinese govt. She made like 8 years ago, lol

its kinda crazy, they have essentially a report system in their social media which lets anyone report anyone for saying bad things about China and it lets them go back years and years and i guess there are a lot of vindictive motherfuckers there

some day all your posts will make you unwelcome in China "he posted pictures of chicks with dicks, we do not need people like that here"

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
She only had a career because of who she married. Without that, she would have been another McGowen.
she was good in the 90s. her career fizzled out in the early 2000s and then was only known for being well known. she and Paris Hilton has the same status. i did like her in Girl Interrupted, but my Wynona was in there so i am biased.

• 1Garbage

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
What's with the Captain Rogers bit. Its not like she also said Iron Stark. Is that some lame nod to Captain BLM.
Of course it is. Marvel is full to the gills of this woke bullshit now. This movie is every Corporate HR dept's wet dream of D&I but does it? Either it does or doesn't, and it looks like here these are just "representational tokenisms". But Muh Representations! First Deaf and First Gay Marvel characters, don't you know? People need to see people that look like them on the screen! Which is why Michael Jordan is beloved in every country around the world or why "Captain Rogers", who can't be Captain America because the CCP is pumping out so much Anti-American propaganda these days and Disney doesn't want to risk losing a fucking Renminbi of COMMUNIST BLOOD Money so they call him by a "less provocative" name. It doesn't matter that the director has the movie banned now, they didn't know that when they were writing it. They are still BLM-loving fucks, see Falcon and the Winter Soldier, "legacy of the shield is complicated." Sam deigned to grace the mantle of Captain America with a black man's presence because he believed we could do better.

Comic story is actually pretty awesome, completely explains why they weren't around for the MCU until now IIRC, but I won't pay money to see this bullshit on the big screen until confirmed to be a preachy SWJ mess, even as much as I love Robb Stark and Aegon Targaryen.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Raes

Vyemm Raider
i'm not sure what they are chasing. Eternals and Shang Chi are currently believed to be banned in China, Shang Chi for having American Asians (?) and the director of Eternals is Chloe Zhao (Nomadland) who is persona non gratis in China due to previous negative comments about the chinese govt. She made like 8 years ago, lol

its kinda crazy, they have essentially a report system in their social media which lets anyone report anyone for saying bad things about China and it lets them go back years and years and i guess there are a lot of vindictive motherfuckers there

some day all your posts will make you unwelcome in China "he posted pictures of chicks with dicks, we do not need people like that here"

Probably less about being vindictive and more something like getting +socialpoints for reporting people. Pretty sure the Nazi's had something similar.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Of course it is. Marvel is full to the gills of this woke bullshit now. This movie is every Corporate HR dept's wet dream of D&I but does it? Either it does or doesn't, and it looks like here these are just "representational tokenisms". But Muh Representations! First Deaf and First Gay Marvel characters, don't you know? People need to see people that look like them on the screen! Which is why Michael Jordan is beloved in every country around the world or why "Captain Rogers", who can't be Captain America because the CCP is pumping out so much Anti-American propaganda these days and Disney doesn't want to risk losing a fucking Renminbi of COMMUNIST BLOOD Money so they call him by a "less provocative" name. It doesn't matter that the director has the movie banned now, they didn't know that when they were writing it. They are still BLM-loving fucks, see Falcon and the Winter Soldier, "legacy of the shield is complicated." Sam deigned to grace the mantle of Captain America with a black man's presence because he believed we could do better.

Comic story is actually pretty awesome, completely explains why they weren't around for the MCU until now IIRC, but I won't pay money to see this bullshit on the big screen until confirmed to be a preachy SWJ mess, even as much as I love Robb Stark and Aegon Targaryen.
Not that I disagree with most of your points, but I think the reason they refer to him as "Captain Rogers" and not Captain America is because Sam Wilson is now Captain America.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike

Sterling

El Presidente
Also, Rank and last name is a normal way of referencing a military member.

• 4Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 4 users