EVE Online

Sythe_sl

shitlord
Kadm!! I am marking all those character red now so i know if there is anyone beside you in channel.... and crap... I actually posted....

A few of my FCing adventures this month:
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15634611
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15609791
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15502750
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15640569(lost a arazu here worth it)
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15368132(we totally lost but fighting in a bunch of haulers and killing a proteous.... worth it!!)

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I need to stop reading about Eve, or I'm going to get the itch again to play. Spend 2 months reading mechanics and stuff about the game while only playing 25% of that time spent, then quit. I know the time will come again this year, but I'm trying to avoid it

Arakkis

N00b
Don't forget spending a bunch of time perfecting ship fittings in Eve Fitting Tool then never actually fitting an actual ship in game.

Dom_sl

shitlord
They're building towards super wormhole jewing. Or maybe eventually selling them. I'm not really sure. It kinda depends how long I decide I want to manage that many skill queues.

Right now all I'm really doing with them is occasionally waving them around in missions with the newer folk in channel. They're not ready to leave K-space yet. It's also kinda boring being completely alone in WH space
frown.png
The coolest thing I've managed is terrifying some other WH space residents who freaked when they were running sites in my system and I simultaneously logged 11 of them in. Our system is small enough to D-scan across, so they immediately saw 11 chars in BS's and T3's pop on D-scan.

Bonus EVEmon picture because fuck it is a huge pain managing skill queues. Spoilered because it's fuckin huge.

rrr_img_5489.jpg
You still holding down the fort on the Samurai Salvaging hole? Shit man, I figured that would have been gone long ago. And it's nice to know that my 16 accounts wasn't as bad as it can get
smile.png

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Don't forget spending a bunch of time perfecting ship fittings in Eve Fitting Tool then never actually fitting an actual ship in game.
Yeah and the EveMon bullshit.....creating epic skill training queues and continually changing your mind every week, then giving up when it says it'll be 3 months of training, but recommended 6 months to max out the right skills.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Everyone loves to read about the epic stories and things that people pull off in EVE, myself included. I'm the same way as a lot of you but i've come to realize something. I think the way to approach the game is by coming up with a plan like one of the epic stories you read about and then just having the dedication to follow through on it (because it will take time, it will be boring at times, etc) but then one day down the road you end up with your own epic story to tell (or maybe an epic failure to recount, who knows!).

That's the approach i'm taking this time at least even tho I still haven't figured out what I want to achieve, it's a work in progress (and my char is still super-new anyways, 1.2m SP).

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
You still holding down the fort on the Samurai Salvaging hole? Shit man, I figured that would have been gone long ago. And it's nice to know that my 16 accounts wasn't as bad as it can get
smile.png
SSAL still has the C1 that myself and Inbek have been mining/PIing like the space jew and asian we are.

Kadmoran_sl

shitlord
smile.png
The C4 is still safe and sound. I'm pretty much totally alone in it besides a few probe alts. I'm looking to start growing things soon though. You could always come back and we could make sweet sweet 40 account love together.

Dom_sl

shitlord
The C4 is still safe and sound. I'm pretty much totally alone in it besides a few probe alts. I'm looking to start growing things soon though. You could always come back and we could make sweet sweet 40 account love together.
I sold all my accounts, and have had no desire to ever play again. The awareness of playing just to make space bucks hit me too hard, and I'm not interested in PVP, so it would just end up being the same.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I might take you up on that offer. I've had to dish out over a bill in the last 1-2 weeks fund my pvp shenanigans and I could use a top off.

Kadmoran_sl

shitlord
I might take you up on that offer. I've had to dish out over a bill in the last 1-2 weeks fund my pvp shenanigans and I could use a top off.
Bring scouts/covops to do the boring shit for me. I do not tip poorly. Also bring Caldari Navy Scourge Heavies because I think you nabbed them when you left!

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I need to learn how to space jew better. i've done various things to make isk over the years but my reserves are hitting an all time low. Well not all time low, the first year or so I flew around and lost whatever ISK i had. Then I started moon mining, somehow ended up with a dyspro moon and held that for a good while, this was way back when it was good but before they became omg (then they changed t2 so tech became omg). Once dyspro hit 7bil a month I only held on to it for maybe 1-2 months and then the moon changed hands many times.

After that I trained up alts on a 3rd account (was just a cyno account, didn't need the training time) and sold them. miners, freighter pilots, jump freighter pilots, full learning skilled pilots, etc. stopped doing that when I was training up a newbie amarr char (amarr was about to become the new hotness, this was before we were destroying shit in the 5th alliance tournament and not everyone realized amarr = win). I ended up using planting that newb char in the great wildlands alliance, Foundation? or something and started doing the spy thing. got some nice kills off those guys during my time spying on them, they broke up and became Rooks and Kings and I sold off the char.

Anyway training chars became boring and shit and I had a lot of isk so I just said fuck it and stopped trying to make isk. was in and out of the game for years do\ue to joining the military and not really being able to keep up. once i got settled and back in eve, PI came around and I thought maybe I should work that, but my new alliance is all over that shit so there's really no planets left. never really did the WH thing, always too terrified of getting stuck since my probe skills are kinda terrible and it's just never been something I can justify training. Along the way somewhere I ended up training up Titan/DD/jump bridge 5...made sense at the time was living in 0.0 and had like 30-40 bil, figured i could easily make the rest somehow. now I live in low sec with a pretty awesome low sec alliance, and we utilize titans often enough for bridging that it would be worthwhile but my isk reserves are down to like 5bil, because we fly a lot of expensive shit with super specialized fits and that shit adds up.

Anyway. other than 24boxing in WHs whats the best way to space jew your way nowadays? I don't really have the patience for the long con style scams nor the free time to 0.01 isk in jita or "i'll double your isk whatever you send me" short scams either. I don't mind putting in the effort but I don't even know where to start? are WH only profitable in some sam-theman-deatwalker type set up or can I do it with 2 combat chars and a hauler char? The only time i go in WHs are for ganks and those guys usually are fitted out damn expensive (but retarded ofc). there must be money to be made there. advice?

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
You can do everything up to c3s in a drake or tengu/similar. I personally run c4s in a basi/rattlesnake. Or join a large corp to do escalations. Plus PI, gas mining, ends up being huge amounts of money.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
Incursions used to be decent money.. are they still okay? Better if you box multiple characters of course.

The isk to be found in wspace is sickening. The main issue wspace corps have after a while is maintaining interest when everyone is running around with 50-100B isk handy. Some standard ways of making isk:

1) PI - low effort, low reward. Equivalent to the best 0.0 stuff but without having to fight others for the space.
2) Gas mining in c5/c6. Requires some scanning, but gas is pretty sick income for the effort and the skills required are very low. Clear a ladar site or 2 of sleepers, come back in those new mining frigs, set a timer to check in on eve every 40 minutes (I assume.. haven't gas mined in a while). Each site is like 400M and if you have a few alts (very few skills required) you can knock out 2 or 3 pretty quickly.
3) Clear sites. With 2-3 characters I'd assume a c2 or c3. With 4 character (2 cap capable characters) you can start boxing c5s or c6s. I boxed sites in a c6 pulsar for roughly 800M/hour like 1.5 years ago, not sure if it is still as fast but ought to still be decent. There are a TON of people doing this already as it is a well known dependable isk source. Just find an empty wormhole of your own and start going to town.
4) Depending on buddies/friends/whatever, you can make decent isk ransoming people in wormholes. Just be able to punch through some defense. The biggest ransom I remember someone paying was 30B, the average is probably more like 10-15B. However, that still isn't bad for a typical effort level of a few hours (bring ships in, reinforce the tower or two they care about, demand ransom). If you don't get isk, you can frequently get nice fights
smile.png

Darshu_sl

shitlord
Incursions used to be decent money.. are they still okay? Better if you box multiple characters of course.
There are a few people in the corp I'm in who still run them. According the the amount of tax revenue we've gotten from them it is in fact still decent money. Not multiple toons in a WH money but they are making 2-3 billionish running solo toons a month. They aren't super hard core types either.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there still a premium on characters that still have old stats below the remap minimums? For instance I still have a Caldari Achura with 26int 22per 18mem 18will 15cha base stats.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
All stats across all characters are standardized. Everyone has the same base pool and min/max point allocations. If you log that toon back in you'll more than likely see a box asking you how you wish to allocate your stats. And then have a remap or two available for when you want to move those points around.