EVE Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
How are you keeping aggro off your drones in VNI? I just fit one out and have to recall my drones constantly to keep them alive, they constantly get aggro.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I use a Gila mostly. But the few times I used a VNI get aggro first then drones, also VNI got a nerf this last patch to drone speed which may be part of it. They removed the bonus on VNI to drone speed. Also drone skills of speed and tank for them I'm guessing would help if you're not maxed on those.

Can use the faction drones (Caldari Navy, Imperial Navy, Republic Navy, Federation Navy) which have 2x the hp of tech 2 drones, little less dps, little more tracking. Cost a little more, but not a lot more like augmented drones.

You can try fits and tactis on Sisi (test server) stuff is seeded there for 100 isk at the market. Cheaper than tranqulity if you are trying something new.

I think CCP is trying to make a dent in all the isk coming into the game via bounties at anoms in null. Make it more difficult to use a VNI afk on them, and reduce the respawn rate of anoms (which may or not have an impact). Said it multiple times, CCP responds at a glacial pace to stuff.

Last edited:

Xaven

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for answering questions and helping out. EVE seems easier than last I recall a few years ago but still lots to learn.

Got blown up at a gate camp earlier so saved me 30+ jumps back to Jita, heh. Decided prior to that to try out some other things in the meantime. Going to run some L2s/L3s in a Caracal to make a little money and then try out abyssal deadspace.

What's the best way to join a corp? Any recommendations? I'm currently an Alpha that's maxed out skillpoints so I should probably go omega to continue training.

Borzak

Also corps that are new player oriented I think are.

Pandemic Horde
Karma Fleet
Brand Newbros
Brave Newbies

and several others. I think Karma is not taking applications but you have to join their recruitment channel and hope someone noticed you and picks you.

For gate camps. Not 100%, but it's better than just jumping and hoping. Complies the info from Zkill so you get an idea if there's an organized gate camp. The free version works. As an independant I just pay the isk as I use it a lot. Will tell you how many kills, what ships, kill mails on zkillboard, and if they were on a gate and which one. Just punch in where you start and where you want to end up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Hah, had to logout cause I was tired, was doing a FuckIt WH tour. WH gone and I'm lost deep in null space up North, and I love it. Yeah could die and return home, but where the fun in that.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
The talk about Eve, although I understand very little of the lingo, always seems more interesting than actually playing Eve. I have tried a few times and just don't get it. I guess I'd be willing to give it a shot again if there were a way to quickly get into some interesting action.

Borzak

The talk about Eve, although I understand very little of the lingo, always seems more interesting than actually playing Eve. I have tried a few times and just don't get it. I guess I'd be willing to give it a shot again if there were a way to quickly get into some interesting action.

Join a corp that's new player oriented. Some like Pandemic Horde. They take anyone (literally), including alpha players (free to play), provide free tech 1 ships fitted out by the hundreds if not thousands for their members. I'm not a member of Pandemic Horde but I think they do ops (pvp stuff) all the way down to and including the alpha players. I think they also give out stuff like skill books and may help point you in the right direction. I think there are a couple of corps like that that take alphas or even more that take new players.

Can always start as an alpha (free to play up to a maximum of 5.5m SP in certain things, but can fly up to tech 1 battleships (meaning t1 frigates, t1 destroyers, t1 cruisers, t1 battlecruisers, t1 battleships), and use t2 guns/missles of medium size (used on frigates, destroyers, and cruisers- not large) and t2 drones (light and medium, not heavies). In other words can check it out for free. SP = skill points, that's what you gain over time in certain skills (it's all time based, gain SP while in game or offline). You can definetly tell if you like the game or not interested in the time amount of time it takes you to get 5.5m SP (alpha players accure SP at 1/2 the rate of Omega so there's that). Alpha players can do a good bit actually. Some stuff is blocked off from them obviously. I have 2 alpha pvp characters I use frigates.

If you decide to check it out, first thing is in the rookie help chat or general help chat ask for an overview. They will link a chat channel of an overview that has instructions to install it (just clicking the stuff in the chat in order). The basic overview you get to start SUCKS ASS, as does the tutorial in itself. Get rid of the overview that is stock. Can't stress that enough lol. But the tutorial and career agents will teach you the most basic stuff like how to undock/dock, warp, jump a stargate to get to the next system, and stuff like that. The rest ask lots of questions. The people in rookie help (you get it for 30 days I think) and general help will answer any questions.

It's free to try. If you like it then you can upgrade to omega (subbed players) for $15/month if you do it 30 days at a time. Less if you buy it longer times. Nothing really to lose other than time.

Not for everyone. A LOT (I mean a lot) of people come and go and come back off and on. It's called winning Eve. Those who aren't playing currently lol.

If you decide to try, there are a LOT of old out date info on the net. Try eveuniversity. Just google the topic and add eveuniversity. They have articles and reference and keep it up to date. They are also a new player teaching oriented corp, but the website is good info.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Can use a RAF link, end up with roughly 1.2ish million skill points your first couple min playing.

I'll throw mine up here for anyone wanting to start up, not concerned about the rewards, I don't care how many throw away accounts are made lol.

Code:
https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=7cb16e23-d84d-4997-8ea3-42f2b6771c88

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Ended up finding a WH that led to LS a jump away where I have everything parked, didn't take long, was hoping for more of a trip. Around 100m just flying around holes, relic sites were pretty rare, but a handful of decent data sites. I'll start another one up later, good time of the week to be nosy.

I might end up being near Toronto when they have the World Tour thing going. As someone who has never gone to any kind of Con or gaming convention, is it going to be a bunch of sweaty fat guys with breathing issues, or do regular people go to these things too?

Borzak

What a shit show lol.

Following on from our statement on April 17, we have completed our review of the Brisc Rubal investigation and determined that our initial findings were incorrect. Neither Brisc Rubal nor the other players implicated in this incident breached CCP’s confidentiality, the terms of the Non-Disclosure Agreement, or used privileged information to obtain an in-game advantage.

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
What i'm gathering from the playerbase is someone got bought off and/or ccp is basically giving the go-ahead for leaks to continue "move along nothing to see here" sort of soft approval (and the opinion that these type of leaks have been going on for a long time).

I don't have an opinion one way or the other but I kinda have to agree it'd be stupid to not assume that CSM's are and have been using their inside info on upcoming patches to abuse the market for profit.

Borzak

Been rumored forever that CSM made isk off stuff the learned thru CSM and turning it on the market. A lot of players want to know who on the CSM gave info to CCP about this. It doesn't bother me who, bothers me that CCP jumped all over it with no investigation at all apparently and took their word on it. As someone else on reddit said, think about all the other people CCP bans that don't get the attention this case did. How many of those did they fuck up?

I'm not really in the high end game at all so no real interaction with CSM. Kind of always appeared to me as a way for CCP to offshore some of it's work for a few trips to Iceland and for some in eve to get first knowledge of what is coming down the pike even if they had little impact on the change. Less than half the active players in eve vote for CSM.

• 1Like

Borzak

The AMA of the CEO the other day he said 10,000 new people a week try Eve. I find that incrediably high and sounds really inflated.
He then said almost none of them stick around. That sounds legitimate.
Sounds like 10,000 made throw away characters to bot lol.

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Rather have events that dropped accelerators. Made it worthwhile for high SP players because it was worth more than injectors. Worth it for low SP players who either used them or sold them for good isk.

The last time they did this most of the clothes they give away is stuff they can't sell like shoes and boots since nobody sees them after they removed Captains quarters. They tanked the faction ammo market pretty hard for a while. Some people got faction ammo that was worth a billion isk (if you sold it the first <5 minutes after downtime) and everyone else got ones that were worth "not much" heh.

Just noticed yesterday still have a container full of Blood Raider faction pieces they dropped in an event by accident in amounts that tanked the market. I think that was several months ago and it's still not really recovered yet.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I don't think the SP are injectors, the little login rewards thing just says Skill Points, so high SP players should still be getting 1.25m.

Borzak

Yeah talking about in the past they did events that dropped accelerators that way much more effective than injectors once you were down to getting 150k SP per injector. Then the same events lower Sp players could use them or sell them for good isk. And normally were usuable for more than a month. But the log in deals are obviously just to drive numbers up.

Anyway the login rewards started today. Will be like the previous log in reward deals. Log in and redeem stuff and eventually will be just SP you can allocate to whatever. Gnosis and some skin.

The last one they gave away faction ammo. It was great, if you logged in and sold it within 5 minutes of downtime ending. If you got the right ammo you got a billion ISK of ammo to sell off. Of course within 5 minutes of downtime ending all the buy orders for high amounts were filled and most people got a package worth 10m isk at most. They're apparently doing it again. Alphas got small weapon faction and omegas large weapon.

Still kind of amusing they are giving away more SP for logging in for a month (give or take) than they did for local being broken for almost a year.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Borzak

Oh forgot, in addition to a Gnosis and skin get a T-Shirt. Can't forget the T-shirt haha.

• 1Worf