Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

Stave

Potato del Grande
Luclin is a shit fucking expansion, I would rather grate my nuts than get excited for Vex Thal.

Finally they put out a server with fast XP and they sprinkle shit all over it with these dumb ass unlocks and... luclin?

The retard that made Manglers XP slower than Coirnav's needs to be named and shamed, fucking idiots I swear to god!

View attachment 195419

Kinda my thoughts as well. I want to start at day 1 EQ, not Luclin, and not have a new expansion every 4 weeks. 12 sounds better. But I also don't really care to have slow as fuck xp rates. I don't need to grind my balls against a cheesegrater in a group for hours every night farming the same spawns, just to get a few bubbles a day. Meh. Especially since I'll probably play a Dark Elf SK (they had one of the worst xp penalties) I'll probably try Mangler out, but doubt I'll stick around. It looks like they only add progression servers about once a year though, so that sucks.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
well exp penalties are gone on live servers now...if you're looking for a more classic eq experience P99 is def your best bet, even though it's in Velious (which is as far as it's ever going) it's very comperable to EQ as it was.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Kinda my thoughts as well. I want to start at day 1 EQ, not Luclin, and not have a new expansion every 4 weeks. 12 sounds better. But I also don't really care to have slow as fuck xp rates. I don't need to grind my balls against a cheesegrater in a group for hours every night farming the same spawns, just to get a few bubbles a day. Meh. Especially since I'll probably play a Dark Elf SK (they had one of the worst xp penalties) I'll probably try Mangler out, but doubt I'll stick around. It looks like they only add progression servers about once a year though, so that sucks.

If you do not enjoy grinding the same things over and over in a group, do you magically enjoy the same thing in a raid? Do you magically not mind it on a different character?

If you have a classic start with fast xp and long unlocks, your options are either wallow in the same grinds or quit the game. Lots of people do quit, some come back others don't. Those who stick around are either leveling alts in the same very limited xp track to 50 or raiding the same small couple of raids ad nauseam.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You guys ever feel like this when you see the morning sun after a all nighter in EQ?

E90BF7F3-49AF-4656-A47C-C1D687F7A036.gif

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
If you do not enjoy grinding the same things over and over in a group, do you magically enjoy the same thing in a raid? Do you magically not mind it on a different character?

If you have a classic start with fast xp and long unlocks, your options are either wallow in the same grinds or quit the game. Lots of people do quit, some come back others don't. Those who stick around are either leveling alts in the same very limited xp track to 50 or raiding the same small couple of raids ad nauseam.

True. I spent the vast majority of my time in EQ leveling up. At least during vanilla and Kunark. But a lot of fun was camping rare spawns with groups, or random PUGs doing Vox and Naggy and PoF/PoH. Camping rare drops like Jboots or FBSS or Ykesha, etc. I want to enjoy those things, without having to spend weeks in S Ro in a group at the docks pulling the same shit over and over. Or S Karana farming Aviaks for days, etc. I don't mind doing that stuff still as that is part of the fun, I just don't have the patience to do it for weeks and weeks in one spot on end.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
I get what you're saying...but there are dungeon/fun alternatives to those outside shitter boring zones as well. by the time you're doing crocs you could be in befallen or uguk, south karana aviaks are what 20-30ish? could be in unrest/mistmoore/najena/sola. Granted you aren't getting FBSS's in these zones but you've got shots at upgrades all while having a most "dangerous" and exciting experience. Not to mention often faster experience.

Vithe

Hardcore Casual
There is a new server in EQ's Calendar called Boostrutter. Dev posted about it. They are up to something.

Capture.PNG

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
They also changed the date of opening Selos and the new server to March 12. They wouldn’t move the date after announcing the 16th, would they?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They also changed the date of opening Selos and the new server to March 12. They wouldn’t move the date after announcing the 16th, would they?

The different TLPs have all been online but in locked mode for a few days prior to their launch. The speculation is that it ensures everything is spawned and "stable."

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd bet that the "Bootstrutter" server is just a selo's clone with 2 or 3 month unlocks...and probably normal speed aoc respawns.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
welllllllllllllllll glad i didn't actually bet then! guess it's just overflow if we have to much interest and blow up selo's

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just said the new rules will come before the end of the week. So who knows if that’s today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow.

And they confirmed the 16th as launch.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I can't believe there are people that actually want corpse runs.

And I have even seen people on EQ forums call that "challenging".

Also luclin is 10000000x better then starting in fucking classic again and doing classic through velious for the 1000th time.

Of course it is a challenge. Price to pay for death should be having to invest in a backupset of gear (helps economy) and have enough true pals to help you (helps/fosters community) get back to your corpse in less than optimal gear = challenge.

Well I am unimpressed. I was thinking it was going to be a literal restart of vanilla EQ. So now you can instance raids, your items are on you when you die, coin doesn't weigh anything, a lot of the zones are revamped, and worst of all we are starting in Luclin?? This sounds stupid. I want to farm LGuk and have EC tunnel Sunday bazaars. Where do I need to go to get a server like this? I don't follow all these EQ servers and stuff. Is there one like this, or a 3rd party one or something? I don't care if it's got a little increased xp or faster rare spawns. I just want to start at day 1, not Luclin, and preferably not have new expansions ever 4 weeks.

Yep, and all spells are the new super-duper buffed versions and they decided to give you a few every level instead of in big groups ever 4 or 5 levels (or 9 levels for hybrids).

The game is a far cry from what it was and daybreak is retarded for not trying to capture the p99 and alkabor project crowd that WANT the old mechanics. Instead we get ez EQ on a never ending supply of throw away TLP servers.