Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

Sterling

El Presidente
I don’t mind the classic start. I view POP as this games version of wotlk. Meaning it’s viewed fondly by people and was epic from a story standpoint but brought many of the major changes that ended up really killing the magic of the game.
The difference is on a TLP PoP is one of the most shallow expansions and people are basically done within a couple of weeks. Luclin and GoD both have much better replay value.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don’t mind the classic start. I view POP as this games version of wotlk. Meaning it’s viewed fondly by people and was epic from a story standpoint but brought many of the major changes that ended up really killing the magic of the game.

They made a tiered system, which the first time you do it seems cool because there is such a clear progression... but then you quickly find everything before it obsolete. You unlock the mid tier zones and quickly abandon empty ones, then elementals and stop xping outside them. You get to elemental raid content and likewise mostly ignore whats before, then get into time and want next to nothing outside it. You end up grinding endless time raids and need nothing but toys or gimmicks elsewhere, and xp in ele zones and hate anything before, and there are not meaningful quests that equal to time loot to chase like you had prior (seru or khati ear, katta shield, dain ring, etc). The penultimate ones, ts ear or secrets range or essences, are all a tier or two below time stuff.

Obviously this means potime feels like a fucking candy shop when you first get there, so unsurprisingly it also feels good when you hit it on a tlp and people want that nostalgic feeling of reaching its promised land. Being stuck there? Awful.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Aww yeah, let the autism begin!

autism.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
90% of the eq forums are mediocre people who wish they were all stars and blame anything except their inability to get better at an easy game. He went pretty easy on the "I'm a casual who wants to do literally everything but totally am casual" retards.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
i troll all the time on the eq forums, i also enjoy seeing how long it takes them to delete my posts as a way to measure how much they are policing stuff, i like to think that translates into GM activity ingame as well =p i think i've had 5 forum accounts banned lmao.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I don’t claim to be a legend or even super savvy, but I can make the old xp bar move. While leveling - the amount of tanks that won’t pull, enchanters that won’t charm, and people scared to try anything out of the ‘norm’ should remind you why those forums seem autustic.

Especially with the lower death penalties- why wouldn’t you go balls to the wall? Hold pulls I’m at 50% (wtf.)

The amount of bad pug folks does make it totally awesome when you find someone on the level or even more death defying than you are! Good times

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user