Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Nothing wrong with upper guk, unrest if it's off your path isn't so great its worth the travel. It mattered more on servers with harsher xp curves. Here it will be so fast with an xp pot that you will fly through the early zones in a few hours each so spending time traveling better be for something more than a marginal xp increase. One of the reasons I don't mind crocs in sro.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
That trumps Millie getting burned by Bill Nye.

giphy.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Amtrak strike back with flavor flav

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Just ordered a $600 laptop to multi-box. I need fucking help.

What's a good combo for Enchanter? I think most of my play will likely be solo and I'd like to do some charm fuckery. I was thinking Mage/Enchanter, but the more I consider it, a healer of some kind might be necessary.

Sterling

El Presidente
Just ordered a $600 laptop to multi-box. I need fucking help.

What's a good combo for Enchanter? I think most of my play will likely be solo and I'd like to do some charm fuckery. I was thinking Mage/Enchanter, but the more I consider it, a healer of some kind might be necessary.
Could have just gotten 5 100 dollar refurbs and 6 box! As for your question a healer is good. Cleric gives you CH which is really good with charm pets since dumping direct heals into a pet isn't very efficient. Druid gives you snare and ports which are obviously useful, Shaman or Mage gives you Malo, which is really good for charming, but shaman has the issue with direct heals not being particularly good with charm pets and mages don't heal at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Could have just gotten 5 100 dollar refurbs and 6 box! As for your question a healer is good. Cleric gives you CH which is really good with charm pets since dumping direct heals into a pet isn't very efficient. Druid gives you snare and ports which are obviously useful, Shaman or Mage gives you Malo, which is really good for charming, but shaman has the issue with direct heals not being particularly good with charm pets and mages don't heal at all.

Well, I needed the laptop for gaming while away on business. So, I was able to justify the high price tag on something decent instead of multiple potatoes.

Cleric is what most research seems to be pointing toward, but I always found them insanely fucking boring. However, if I'm just duoing, having a CH bot probably isn't the worst idea, despite the boredom. Druid is a lot more fun, especially with the additional PLing support for other characters, but I think ports are going to be mostly wasted on Selo's, no? PoP makes a lot of their "schtick" obsolete and with EXP rates being so high, constantly porting around for EXP seems like it'd be efficiency wasted.

Mage just seems a lot more viable from a DPS/duo standpoint. Lack of heals kinda sucks, sure, but the additional pet and DPS seems like it brings a lot more to the table in a duo. The clarity helps the mage a lot and the malo helps with the charm. Plus, you have earth pet for runners and the additional support of a "tank" if shit gets dicey with charm. Enchanter/Mage just seems like a combo that are both doing a good job of supporting one another's abilities, whereas a druid/shaman/cleric seems like it's solely existing to support the enchanter.

Sterling

El Presidente
Well, I needed the laptop for gaming while away on business. So, I was able to justify the high price tag on something decent instead of multiple potatoes.

Cleric is what most research seems to be pointing toward, but I always found them insanely fucking boring. However, if I'm just duoing, having a CH bot probably isn't the worst idea, despite the boredom. Druid is a lot more fun, especially with the additional PLing support for other characters, but I think ports are going to be mostly wasted on Selo's, no? PoP makes a lot of their "schtick" obsolete and with EXP rates being so high, constantly porting around for EXP seems like it'd be efficiency wasted.

Mage just seems a lot more viable from a DPS/duo standpoint. Lack of heals kinda sucks, sure, but the additional pet and DPS seems like it brings a lot more to the table in a duo. The clarity helps the mage a lot and the malo helps with the charm. Plus, you have earth pet for runners and the additional support of a "tank" if shit gets dicey with charm. Enchanter/Mage just seems like a combo that are both doing a good job of supporting one another's abilities, whereas a druid/shaman/cleric seems like it's solely existing to support the enchanter.
I mean sure, having the mage means your box is doing 20 percent of your damage instead of 10 or whatever, so i can see the appeal in that way. I think you're underestimating the convenience of ports even with Nexus and PoK eventually even if it's not really a combat related thing.

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm off for 10 days with vacation right before this launches of course and work a week straight after. That Ice T video has me really thinking I might be getting sick for a bit after launch lol...

• 2Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
That Ice T video is pretty funny, I cant believe it's only 200 bucks to book Ice T to read a script. Thought he was big time on one of those crime shows.

Good to see the competition is real now, thought this was gonna be a goal post moving / forumquest race only.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That Ice T video is pretty funny, I cant believe it's only 200 bucks to book Ice T to read a script. Thought he was big time on one of those crime shows.

Good to see the competition is real now, thought this was gonna be a goal post moving / forumquest race only.

It actually wasn't a script. He just had a couple basic details and he improv'd the rest. A natural shit poster.

• 2Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Top of my Google news feed this morning :D

Someone needs to reach out to MMORPG to do an article on this server after the race, imagine the publicity when Amtrak gets dominated by the world champions. This could make Faceless the next Method with insane press and sponsorships and really be a good thing for the community of Everquest and ultra hardcore raiders.

Also this Cameo site is awesome, they have a ton of videos up that are hilarious and the fat hobbit is on there.

1K for this though wtf

1552059127660.png

• 2Like