Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
Like I said wasn't trying to start anything w/the comment, just saying I've heard all kinds of things about all kinds of people (and haven't repeated most) in the context of that being why I try to judge people based on what I witness/can prove personally. The conversation I had with at least 2 AoS members that I know for a fact were in AoS was: 1. Person saying, "I think the AoS officers sell krono to guild, but I'm fine with it they do a lot of work so I don't think it's wrong", 2. Another person *asking* me if I knew if they could buy Krono from the FE guild bank because, "the guild leader of AoS on Phinny let us buy them for $10/per"--it's entirely possible this person was confused about what was going on there or something. Maybe someone in leadership there was selling personal krono to members at a discount rate ($10/per isn't a bad price, altho you can sometimes find them for $9/per if you're the kinda person that buys aftermarket krono) and that person was confused and thought they were from the gbank.

I'm not sure there's been more than like 3 open market SoIs that have even existed on Agnarr but I'll admit that I don't watch that market uber closely, but I do watch PA and Redguides regularly.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Like I said wasn't trying to start anything w/the comment, just saying I've heard all kinds of things about all kinds of people (and haven't repeated most) in the context of that being why I try to judge people based on what I witness/can prove personally. The conversation I had with at least 2 AoS members that I know for a fact were in AoS was: 1. Person saying, "I think the AoS officers sell krono to guild, but I'm fine with it they do a lot of work so I don't think it's wrong", 2. Another person *asking* me if I knew if they could buy Krono from the FE guild bank because, "the guild leader of AoS on Phinny let us buy them for $10/per"--it's entirely possible this person was confused about what was going on there or something. Maybe someone in leadership there was selling personal krono to members at a discount rate ($10/per isn't a bad price, altho you can sometimes find them for $9/per if you're the kinda person that buys aftermarket krono) and that person was confused and thought they were from the gbank.

I'm not sure there's been more than like 3 open market SoIs that have even existed on Agnarr but I'll admit that I don't watch that market uber closely, but I do watch PA and Redguides regularly.

I get what you're saying and its 100% possible that person was confused. Looking at the typical TLP everquest player and anything is possible. I would seriously doubt Grisvok who is a lawyer and the only leader weve had would ever sell a krono. Our guild bank including the krono was restricted to 2 people which makes it even more unlikely.

We did have Skykam who was an officer that RMT'd his account and SoD in Velious. We're not immune to the money grabbing or autism but our leadership is pretty much the same since mid classic. Now we've had umpteen billion members sell shit and krono, weve even had to delete their advertisement threads on our own forums.

Good to know anyway that Faceless people arent really saying that nonsense that our leadership is selling krono. I assumed you were in some small guild until Zaide's lol with Drachen post. We're still planning on helping with expac releases if we're wanted and a few of us are still raiding there. We didn't stop raiding out of spite.... we had GoD to prepare for and we heavily raid on test to prepare.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'm actually not sure who Wyn is but it sounds like one of our guys.

I dont think any of us think you RMT. It's just one of those annoying accusations that is always thrown at the top guild on every server.

In other news Besteva aka TheKing was banned on all of his accounts because a GM sent a tell to one of his 24 characters and gave him 30 seconds to see it and respond.

Need to find a way to reverse this tragedy.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Was wondering what happened to Theking RIP!

Btw did a dude named Slowstick in your guild get banned? Pretty sure Slowstick was his alt or box but haven't seen him on in a while and was almost literally always online.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm actually not sure who Wyn is but it sounds like one of our guys.

I dont think any of us think you RMT. It's just one of those annoying accusations that is always thrown at the top guild on every server.

In other news Besteva aka TheKing was banned on all of his accounts because a GM sent a tell to one of his 24 characters and gave him 30 seconds to see it and respond.

Need to find a way to reverse this tragedy.

I might be able to repay his kindness to me, can you or someone tell him to add me as a friend on discord? I can put him in contact with someone who can fix accounts for a fee which is probably nothing to him. Ive used the guy to recover a D3 account and he worked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
I was texting with Prince Philip the other day, and he said, wth is up with Agnarr? He was kind of pissed because he had already created a druid to level with me, and was getting bad vibe. I had to say, bro, you are not wrong, server is kind of a joke. You have players named after bad Genesis albums just making drama. I knew I was touching a nerve with that comment. Philip refuses to listen to anything beyond The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway.

So now I don't got no druid.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I might be able to repay his kindness to me, can you or someone tell him to add me as a friend on discord? I can put him in contact with someone who can fix accounts for a fee which is probably nothing to him. Ive used the guy to recover a D3 account and he worked.

I gave him your Discord details. I hope it works out.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Was wondering what happened to Theking RIP!

Btw did a dude named Slowstick in your guild get banned? Pretty sure Slowstick was his alt or box but haven't seen him on in a while and was almost literally always online.
Slowstick was at a raid yesterday so no.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Ie? Bro...

Internet Explorer is still used in slightly outdated applications that use a specific Windows API to communicate over HTTP/HTTPS.
It's also still installed by default to support these applications, despite Microsoft Edge being their new major product.

Having your proxy settings changed is one of the oldest malware tricks in the book, as well as a way to use proxies on applications that don't normally support them, but instead support the old Windows API that some applications run on.

There are legitimate cases where the "Internet Options" settings hidden in the old control panel is still used.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I knew there would be a ton of loot w/ all the open world content but I really didn't understand how much the instanced content would increase our loot intake. So far in classic we've had:
  • 32 White Dragonscale Cloaks
  • 14 Bone-Clasped Girdles
  • 42 Rune Bolstered Belts
  • 40 Cloaks of Flames
Every Friday we do our instances for Vox / Nagafen and Fear. Then at the end we do the loot for all the raids plus all the shit we buy on the market throughout the week. It's crazy seeing 40-50 items go out in 20 minutes, it's like Xmas in EQ.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tarmie

Golden Squire
The threat wasn't directed at Daybreak, it was directed at you and your comment.

And to be fair, that 'shit box emu' has better anticheat programmers than Daybreak does. Should've hired myself or EQMule, they only had 3 opportunities to get either of us working for them!

(Knowing what I do now, I doubt I would've enjoyed working for SOE given that they laid of the person they chose instead of me after he relocated from Seattle 1 year after being hired.)

Wait, who did they hire? The drove Wizzel into hiding for like two years and tried to sue me multiple times. I still have my first SoE C&D framed somewhere.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I knew there would be a ton of loot w/ all the open world content but I really didn't understand how much the instanced content would increase our loot intake. So far in classic we've had:
  • 32 White Dragonscale Cloaks
  • 14 Bone-Clasped Girdles
  • 42 Rune Bolstered Belts
  • 40 Cloaks of Flames
Every Friday we do our instances for Vox / Nagafen and Fear. Then at the end we do the loot for all the raids plus all the shit we buy on the market throughout the week. It's crazy seeing 40-50 items go out in 20 minutes, it's like Xmas in EQ.

What do you use for your batphone?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Who knows the proper way to do Quillmane farming? PM me.

I need 4, one for each character I actively play, just because I like levitate. No other reason.