Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do we get Ancient warders in velious when the sleeper is awoken?

Yessir, once the sleeper is awoken it swaps over. Youll be able to turn in knight / monk fists and quest the weird stuff as well in the awoken ST.

If Zaide doesn't wake the sleeper immediately the group of 20+ of us from AoS plan on waking it. We don't mind being the bad guys again.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
If I ever were banned from Agnarr unfairly for training when Trucidation/Addictions does it on the regular I'd make sure Daybreak suffers. Say goodbye to Truebox policies after that, I'll make sure that shit gets bypassed on the regular and that there's undetected warp hacks after that. There will be hell to pay.

Thankfully Daybreak doesn't ban unfairly, and everything Abacab and myself do are within the play nice policy (ie; we don't curse ingame) and Daybreak's TOS (ie; none of us use third party programs) so there's nothing to worry about.

I make a decent living so there's no reason for me to RMT. Hence why I spent 25kr worth on an AoN without RMT'ing.

Secrets I love you but do you really think daybreak even knows you exist? Or that they care if you are the one spreading out hacks in the server? Pretty sure your threats fall on deaf ears it's not like when you did this shit on some shit box emu.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Yessir, once the sleeper is awoken it swaps over. Youll be able to turn in knight / monk fists and quest the weird stuff as well in the awoken ST.

If Zaide doesn't wake the sleeper immediately the group of 20+ of us from AoS plan on waking it. We don't mind being the bad guys again.

While I'm sad I probably won't get a gnome mask I'm all for waking the sleeper don't have time for that drama again......again

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Secrets I love you but do you really think daybreak even knows you exist? Or that they care if you are the one spreading out hacks in the server? Pretty sure your threats fall on deaf ears it's not like when you did this shit on some shit box emu.

The threat wasn't directed at Daybreak, it was directed at you and your comment.

And to be fair, that 'shit box emu' has better anticheat programmers than Daybreak does. Should've hired myself or EQMule, they only had 3 opportunities to get either of us working for them!

(Knowing what I do now, I doubt I would've enjoyed working for SOE given that they laid of the person they chose instead of me after he relocated from Seattle 1 year after being hired.)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
While I'm sad I probably won't get a gnome mask I'm all for waking the sleeper don't have time for that drama again......again

RMT is condoned on Agnarr, no way the sleeper lives past opening weekend this time. I mean they aren't hard either, all but one of the warders can be 1 grouped. Even the revamped ones are mostly a joke if you dodge the AE's which is very easy using the inside square area you coth too.

Final arbiter was probably the hardest mob in all of sleepers, that dude hits like a truck.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
The threat wasn't directed at Daybreak, it was directed at you and your comment.

And to be fair, that 'shit box emu' has better anticheat programmers than Daybreak does. Should've hired myself or EQMule, they only had 3 opportunities to get either of us working for them!

(Knowing what I do now, I doubt I would've enjoyed working for SOE given that they laid of the person they chose instead of me after he relocated from Seattle 1 year after being hired.)

Oh yeah I remember you talking about that a while ago how you applied to Sony.

Probably a good bit of luck you didn't get the job having to move out in your own to the west coast just to get laid off in a year when some Russians buy it.

You still doing third party GM support for games?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Oh yeah I remember you talking about that a while ago how you applied to Sony.

Probably a good bit of luck you didn't get the job having to move out in your own to the west coast just to get laid off in a year when some Russians buy it.

You still doing third party GM support for games?

Nah, I do programming at the moment. Not a bad gig, tbh. LA salary in PA is nice.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Nah, I do programming at the moment. Not a bad gig, tbh. LA salary in PA is nice.

Fucking A good work. Yeah I'm doing the telecommute thing right now myself.

Also 25kr is a steak for an AON I love how these things are instantly sold/RMTd I think we are lucky we only have three in guild.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
We're not talking about a rumor or some silly here say here with Doji, were talking about a dude who went out of his way to ruin an entire server for almost a year. A dude who weekly purposely ruined our official meetings just to spite everyone. Its just odd to me that its so easy for someone to be a huge immense mangling cocksucker to an entire server and then hop along to another TLP and now he's normal? I'll never forget sitting for half a Sunday in his meetings for him to then storm off like a child and waste our time. Fuck Doji, whether someone likes him or not does not negate the dumbass shit that dude made us endure.

Well it takes two to poopsock bro. I just call people like I see them and I don't see Dojii as that guy NOW. You can like or dislike whoever you want, but you've picked on him over and over and over again and the picture you paint is not the picture I (and others apparently) see.

Both Faceless and TL didn't exactly have a stellar reputation for being gracious winners either on LJ/RF but attempting to see things from the other side is probably not something you're willing to entertain anyway.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well it takes two to poopsock bro. I just call people like I see them and I don't see Dojii as that guy NOW. You can like or dislike whoever you want, but you've picked on him over and over and over again and the picture you paint is not the picture I (and others apparently) see.

Both Faceless and TL didn't exactly have a stellar reputation for being gracious winners either on LJ/RF but attempting to see things from the other side is probably not something you're willing to entertain anyway.

Im not disputing Doji has changed, that's great hes a good person now and normal. Its just funny / odd to me people are so insane one server then they become some normal chill person the next. It's more the interaction from the GM meetings we were forced by Doji to attend and then he would just throw a fit saying it was "toxic" and leave. The whole rotation fiasco he forced us into because we won DPS races and then had to deal with him purposely ruining meetings. I know what his intention was, he wanted to hurt us for not letting him get dragons.

Poopsocking is whatever dude, you learn to expect that when guilds are bad at DPS racing that's their first move. If anything calling 500 hours of poopsocks for no loot is punishment enough, I mean he had his entire guild exodus and leave him as the only tagged person. That alone is embarrassing enough with the amount of work it takes to run a guild. Even on the winning side I still felt like we were losers for stooping to poopsocking with them. I was one of the officers who didn't agree with poopsocking or attend them much but its part of classic EQ.

• 1Salty

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fucking A good work. Yeah I'm doing the telecommute thing right now myself.

Also 25kr is a steak for an AON I love how these things are instantly sold/RMTd I think we are lucky we only have three in guild.

Got double AON drops other night, think we have gotten about 7 to drop so far if I recall. But ya I bought mine a while back for kr because I just was impatient.

• 1Picard

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
We're not talking about a rumor or some silly here say here with Doji, were talking about a dude who went out of his way to ruin an entire server for almost a year. A dude who weekly purposely ruined our official meetings just to spite everyone. Its just odd to me that its so easy for someone to be a huge immense mangling cocksucker to an entire server and then hop along to another TLP and now he's normal? I'll never forget sitting for half a Sunday in his meetings for him to then storm off like a child and waste our time. Fuck Doji, whether someone likes him or not does not negate the dumbass shit that dude made us endure.

I hear what you're saying, I'm really not beefing with you I think we just have an alternative outlook. Doji sounds like Ragefire's version of Dima (who ran Modest Man), I didn't like what Dima did and I didn't like dealing with him, he was at least a decent part of why we had drama around our enforced rotation on Lockjaw (Faceless GM on Lockjaw--Darth was also a huge part of it.) But I also don't view what Dima did as "intrinsically invalid" behavior. He more or less followed the rules of the game and all that. He had some people in his guild that were obviously MQ2ing since the normal compiles worked on Lockjaw just fine but tbh so did Faceless on Lockjaw, every guild had it on that server since the basic distributed compiled versions of MQ2 worked fine on that era TLP.

I don't have any say in who joins Faceless, but I personally would have no issue if we gave a <Modest Man> former member a chance on Agnarr. The way I look at it is no one on Lockjaw ever "made" me poopsock anything. I chose to poopsock to help my guild keep another guild from getting a spawn. I had an alternative--I could chose not to sock, my guild could've chosen not to sock; and maybe a "smaller undeserving guild" gets a kill. No one "made" me do anything.

As for the guild bank you know we haven't funded most of the stuff you listed, but we've funded some things (BAMs, Idols for healers recently, some potions, etc); the reality is AoS was a continuation of an extant, powerful raid guild. FE on Agnarr is not a direct continuation of any guild, it has some members that raided with Faceless on Lockjaw and even on Test and Vulak, but most of the guild is people recruited from the local Agnarr player base. A lot of the leadership are people who got involved in the pre-Pantheon stuff. It's probably not reasonable to expect we'd be as organized as a fully intact, operating guild that had been running the show on Ragefire who then moved over to Phinny.

I didn't bring up guild bank stuff to try to make you mad, I was just pointing out the kind of rumors and drama we hear all the time on TLPs and how if we were hyper-vigilant on not inviting people who had beefs from the past it'd make it very hard to run a big guild on Agnarr, keep in mind the population of people who actually are willing to show up enough to keep a guild that's pursuing most open world content 24/7 is pretty small and the ones who can play competently are even smaller. That's the reality and it's hard to get around, that's also most likely why our guild has tolerated players that do bad things like AFK through raids and play badly. This guild was basically created out of a very very small number of people who had raided together in the past and after that basically out nothing and the set of players we had to choose from just wasn't that good.

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm

I'm glad to hear this, there's so much insane forum drama on the official forums directed at us over our "plan" to wake Sleeper that I think it'd be hilarious if someone else did it. Either way I really just don't want the people on welfare to be making money farming Sleeper's Tomb for months.

• 1Worf

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm glad to hear this, there's so much insane forum drama on the official forums directed at us over our "plan" to wake Sleeper that I think it'd be hilarious if someone else did it. Either way I really just don't want the people on welfare to be making money farming Sleeper's Tomb for months.

I wish we were a continuation of a guild but the truth is we started from the ground up besides other than having very experienced players from TL to start with. Our leadership on Ragefire in TL left with 200 krono of the guild bank and abandoned us. We started the guild with basically 40 krono from our own stashes and Grisvok had to do a hostile takeover to dissolve this horrible council we started with originally. During classic we made so much money from clearing the planes and gems we had over 1k krono alone from those 2 income streams.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We've funded 100% of potions for members who reach a certain RA %, this includes distillates etc. We've bought about 10 Idols of the Underking to make sure our healers are all decked out in IH3, we've bought two Vox Cloaks, an RBB a Scimitar of the Mistwalker and are about to acquire a large number of IV hoops. Obviously we'd snap buy SoI's but the two we've seen for sale were quickly purchased by individual members anyway.

Here is a snapshot of our potion funding tracker where we calculate the weekly cost of keeping the members stocked.
pRq335e.png

I asked Drachen (who then also asked Setsa) about what you guys funded during Classic, this was their response. I make no judgement here since I know members can be pretty oblivious and fail to take advantage of guild programs unless you drag them to it.

70R7tJo.png

v3GDi2w.png

Setsa

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, there definitely was not 9 SOI's bid off for DKP anytime before I left before Luclin. We did hand out consumables for raids though to clerics/encs. We did hand out an initial bunch of gate potions at start of Kunark. I think it was 5 each or something like that off the top of my head. Narsil did buy a few AoNs as well over the months and we bid those out. We bought a few white dragon cloaks as well to bid out.

I guess I should go back a few pages and see what this discussion is even about.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Setsa Setsa I had no idea Wynn was in Faceless, I thought he was randomly saying we RMT krono for 10 bucks. Wasnt trying to get you all defensive Zaide Zaide

Drachen has a horrible memory. We most definitely bid them out and I missed the first few, the first of which went to Krobelus an Enc over me by 10 dkp and the 2nd to a tank (our DKP site was public, not like anythings a secret lol). Officer's kept spreadsheets tracking every single black sapphire drop and all of our banks via character dumps. I personally handed them out to every single person who could use them so for him to say thats wrong is just silly.

We had members go up in arms in classic about us doing no ports to Vox and the cost of potions. That was the catalyst which made us start handing out gate potions and we handed them out to everybody. I mean I was the main officer handing out reagents and Shelston gate potions. Not really sure why Drachen has such a selective memory right now. We're like I said still handing out funds most currently 4 krono PER member for Qvic armor.

Last edited: