Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Plead ignorance is always a good choice.

Except the video proves nothing. You can bind sight on any NPC in the game, and if you're not within x yards of it, it will cease to send movement update packets. This goes for players, not just NPCs.

Notice Fantasy disappears for a few seconds and reappears on attacking an NPC. This is because autoattacks send a forced movement packet. This is why SEQ can be used to pull targets pretty reliably and judge where your puller is from halfway across the zone.

Try using SEQ on a live server. You'll see exactly what I mean (and EQEmu as well, we replicate the behavior)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Except the video proves nothing. You can bind sight on any NPC in the game, and if you're not within x yards of it, it will cease to send movement update packets. This goes for players, not just NPCs.

Notice Fantasy disappears for a few seconds and reappears on attacking an NPC. This is because autoattacks send a forced movement packet. This is why SEQ can be used to pull targets pretty reliably and judge where your puller is from halfway across the zone.

Try using SEQ on a live server. You'll see exactly what I mean (and EQEmu as well, we replicate the behavior)

We tested this, went to South Karana and did a bind sight on a Bard. It appeared just like this "hacking" video. Likely due to distance and movement speed.

@Amod Please change FacelessHacks FacelessHacks to @FacelessCares

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's not exactly the same Zaide. It's not a mix of warping AND normal running.

Original video doesn't look like hacking to me, but I've never used bind sight much, however the fact that it keeps flipping from OOR warping to constantly updated running (not fighting) is weird.

Almost feels to me like the person making the recording is occasionally warping within range of Fantasy, since the start and end of the running portions isn't consistent, implying that the person with bind sight moved to me.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
That's not exactly the same Zaide. It's not a mix of warping AND normal running.

Original video doesn't look like hacking to me, but I've never used bind sight much, however the fact that it keeps flipping from OOR warping to constantly updated running (not fighting) is weird.

Almost feels to me like the person making the recording is occasionally warping within range of Fantasy, since the start and end of the running portions isn't consistent, implying that the person with bind sight moved to me.

I didn't realize I also needed to demonstrate what normal running looks like…

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't want to derail this thread, but its hard to watch such lunacy as Flat Earth justification. Lumi, disregarding the mountains of verifiable scientific evidence, I'll offer you two pieces of personal evidence that I have for a "spherical" (in quotes because its not quite spherical) earth from my time in the Navy.

1) I have personally plotted courses and navigated west from San Diego to the Arabian Gulf, and I have personally plotted courses and navigated east from Norfolk through the Suez Canal and Red Sea to the Arabian Gulf. I was a qualified officer of the deck and a combat information center watch officer for both of those tours aboard Aegis Cruisers. At no point did we travel south around the tip of South America on either of those deployments. If you are going to cite some form of teleportation or divine intervention, then please provide the evidence that makes such a thing possible let alone likely.

2) From the bridge of a cruiser, which is approximately 55 feet above the waterline, the horizon (in clear weather and calm seas) is 8-8.5 miles away (given a curved earth scenario). When we got close enough to visually sight a large container/tanker vessel, we would see the height of the mast first, then the full mast, then the superstructure, then the hull, and lastly the water it was sitting in. If the earth was flat, the ship would appear as a spec and then gradually resolve to the whole of the ship simultaneously. The fact that we see the highest point on the ship first is proof that earth's surface is curved visibly to the naked eye.

Here is an example pulled from google.
main-qimg-a04c6df7269268394ce2348d6476bf22-c

You can't see the hull of the ship because its beyond the horizon and obscured by the curvature of the earth. Its not a sinking vessel or 3 independent masts sailing through the water.

And yes, I realize this is way more of a specific response than any Flat Earth theory deserves.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users
We tested this, went to South Karana and did a bind sight on a Bard. It appeared just like this "hacking" video. Likely due to distance and movement speed.

@Amod Please change FacelessHacks FacelessHacks to @FacelessCares

Zaide Zaide we here at Faceless Hacks take pride in our ethics of reporting. We actually ran the EXACT SAME TEST and got the exact opposite results of you! Funny!

So you're saying that The Faceless Empire condones bare the use of AFK macroing to farm items for that eventually trickle to krono RMT... Do I need to post a whole compilation of Fantasy running into trees, continuing to run into them and finally his same shitty macro trying to auto correct.

Listen, bare minimum tell your members to use better macros friend! If you're going to do something do it with excellence!

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Zaide Zaide we here at Faceless Hacks take pride in our ethics of reporting. We actually ran the EXACT SAME TEST and got the exact opposite results of you! Funny!

So you're saying that The Faceless Empire condones bare the use of AFK macroing to farm items for that eventually trickle to krono RMT... Do I need to post a whole compilation of Fantasy running into trees, continuing to run into them and finally his same shitty macro trying to auto correct

Yes. Post more and higher quality proof. Post something that I cant reproduce by casting Bind Sight on any random Bard in SK.

I don't think he is running into trees, I think thats erroneous viewing from a shit spell struggling to keep up with a bard far away from you. Can you produce this without bind sight?

If you prove it, I will boot him. That said, it's hard to take you seriously with the way you behave, am I supposed to believe a guy named FacelessHacks doesn't have an agenda here? Fair and balanced no doubt.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>

So you're saying that The Faceless Empire condones bare the use of AFK macroing to farm items for that eventually trickle to krono RMT... Do I need to post a whole compilation of Fantasy running into trees, continuing to run into them and finally his same shitty macro trying to auto correct.

Listen, bare minimum tell your members to use better macros friend! If you're going to do something do it with excellence!
You are going to need to bring some higher proof here. I don't care what you use to prove he is warping across the map, this isn't DBG so if you use showeq so be it.

Zaide has rebuttaled with a video that shows the same thing essentially so you don't have much of a leg to stand on here.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Dear lord please let this explode. I pray unto thee, lord, to let this explode into some hilarious drama.

I don't give a flying fuck who ends up on the bad end of it, as long as its as funny as a Tucker Maxx story.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't want to derail this thread, but its hard to watch such lunacy as Flat Earth justification. Lumi, disregarding the mountains of verifiable scientific evidence, I'll offer you two pieces of personal evidence that I have for a "spherical" (in quotes because its not quite spherical) earth from my time in the Navy.

1) I have personally plotted courses and navigated west from San Diego to the Arabian Gulf, and I have personally plotted courses and navigated east from Norfolk through the Suez Canal and Red Sea to the Arabian Gulf. I was a qualified officer of the deck and a combat information center watch officer for both of those tours aboard Aegis Cruisers. At no point did we travel south around the tip of South America on either of those deployments. If you are going to cite some form of teleportation or divine intervention, then please provide the evidence that makes such a thing possible let alone likely.

2) From the bridge of a cruiser, which is approximately 55 feet above the waterline, the horizon (in clear weather and calm seas) is 8-8.5 miles away (given a curved earth scenario). When we got close enough to visually sight a large container/tanker vessel, we would see the height of the mast first, then the full mast, then the superstructure, then the hull, and lastly the water it was sitting in. If the earth was flat, the ship would appear as a spec and then gradually resolve to the whole of the ship simultaneously. The fact that we see the highest point on the ship first is proof that earth's surface is curved visibly to the naked eye.

Here is an example pulled from google.
main-qimg-a04c6df7269268394ce2348d6476bf22-c

You can't see the hull of the ship because its beyond the horizon and obscured by the curvature of the earth. Its not a sinking vessel or 3 independent masts sailing through the water.

And yes, I realize this is way more of a specific response than any Flat Earth theory deserves.

False. The round earth THEORY is a conspiracy pushed by the translocator guild.

travel-boats.jpg

You can clearly see that ships do not go below the horizon because norrath is flat. Only gnomes see things as you showed them, and It's not from curvature, but from waves. Try not being short, spherecuck!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
False. The round earth THEORY is a conspiracy pushed by the translocator guild.

travel-boats.jpg

You can clearly see that ships do not go below the horizon because norrath is flat. Only gnomes see things as you showed them, and It's not from curvature, but from waves. Try not being short, spherecuck!

I support a Flat Norrath Theory. Any planet that I can run from one side to the other in at most 2 hours (being generous) is probably less than 26 miles (also assuming I am kenyan long distance runner). Such curvature would be visible even on land.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I didn't realize I also needed to demonstrate what normal running looks like…

The thing is the dude recording should've had consistent warping or non-warping was my point. Didnt look like Fantasy did sharp enough turns to cut into the radius the bind sighter would get consistent updates to see running.

Could be nothing, but as I said, the question the original video leaves me with isn't about what Fantasy is doing but instead about the person taking the recording.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The thing is the dude recording should've had consistent warping or non-warping was my point. Didnt look like Fantasy did sharp enough turns to cut into the radius the bind sighter would get consistent updates to see running.

Could be nothing, but as I said, the question the original video leaves me with isn't about what Fantasy is doing but instead about the person taking the recording.
What's not being mentioned here is that Bard tracking range isn't anywhere close to wide enough to effectively camp Quillmane, yet this guy seems to be going straight from ph to ph without having to move his position, which is a clear indication that he's using SEQ.

Edit: actually there's no evidence that he's even on the ph cycle in the video there so I would also require further evidence

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
Secrets knows his shit, FacelessHacks doesn't understand how Bind Sight or warp exploits work.

I've never personally done it but I've known people in prior TLP (Ragefire/LJ era) who made extensive use of mq2warp and it's been something Sony actually has mass-banned for going back to 2012/2013. My understanding is your account gets flagged when a warp is detected and then every few weeks they basically automatically ban all the flagged accounts, I knew a couple people that would warp on Ragefire and Lockjaw knowing that the account in question would be banned in due course (and they were.) The Fantasy character has been active long enough I have doubts he's been warp hacking all this time on Agnarr. Maybe my understanding of the way warp detection/banning works is wrong but I know a lot of people in the mq2 community who basically tell everyone using mq2warp is a guaranteed path to an account ban and I've known multiple people on past TLPs who have used warp, and subsequently been banned.

Back 6-7 years ago people had been warping around EQ for years with no consequence, but it's been a long time since it was so widespread/tolerated.

Not to mention, it's not trivially easy for most players to warp hack on Agnarr/Phinny. MQ2warp is right out more or less, because using MQ2 on Phinny/Agnarr is difficult. EQMule has actually said that he does not believe anyone has a working version of MQ2 that works on Agnarr/Phinny, and he's also said that based on his discussions in person with Daybreak, and his knowledge of what they scan, if you had a working version of MQ2 that wasn't running the MQ2ic plugin (which is the plugin that makes the vanilla version not work on Agnarr/Phinny) in his words it would be a "quick trip to an instant ban" since Daybreak is deliberately scanning for that exact scenario.

Wynn

What's not being mentioned here is that Bard tracking range isn't anywhere close to wide enough to effectively camp Quillmane, yet this guy seems to be going straight from ph to ph without having to move his position, which is a clear indication that he's using SEQ.

Edit: actually there's no evidence that he's even on the ph cycle in the video there so I would also require further evidence

No one would be getting kicked out of the guild for using SEQ, a large portion of the guild uses it. A large portion of the server uses it. People from other guilds in this thread have said they use it.

If Fantasy is AFK playing that's shitlord behavior and I'd recommend against it, there have been countless people banned for it in the past week on Agnarr and other servers. I view SEQ as not even cheating at all. If you use the Linux distro it's not even touching the eq client, just looking at traffic on your own network. I think it's hard from a moral perspective to even argue that's cheating, Daybreak is putting that network traffic on my network and I have a Linux program that analyzes it. It's morally equivalent to the issue of news sites that use cookies to enforce their paywall. You're putting an actual file on my hard drive, I have a right to remove it or change the viewed_articles flag to 0 if I want. I'll admit the way MySEQ works on Windows machines and MQ2 works they aren't entirely kosher--but at least on live servers Daybreak literally has an agreement with EQMule permitting certain uses of MQ2.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
SEQ is totally cheating. Lets be real here. Just because something isn't in the same ballpark as afk bot farming or warps doesn't mean it's not cheating.

Wynn

SEQ is totally cheating. Lets be real here. Just because something isn't in the same ballpark as afk bot farming or warps doesn't mean it's not cheating.

Most other MMOs don't send packets I can use to determine where mobs are on a map. Some bad programmers a long time ago made some decisions that 15 years of bad programmers decided would be too much work to ever change. Maybe I don't even want that information on my local network, but there it is. They put it there against my will and I just choose to monitor it.

• 3Picard