Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On an unrelated note... My cleric has 4 berg crowns and 3 gimb rings, and I have almost 0 desire to come back next week. Would @Zaide or someone I know for sure isn't a fuckass want those for mqs? You can pocket cleric too if you like.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's not being mentioned here is that Bard tracking range isn't anywhere close to wide enough to effectively camp Quillmane, yet this guy seems to be going straight from ph to ph without having to move his position, which is a clear indication that he's using SEQ.

Edit: actually there's no evidence that he's even on the ph cycle in the video there so I would also require further evidence

Bard track range is pretty hefty in modern EQ - pretty sure it's only something like 25 shy of Ranger at max these days. It's not the old school shitty cap.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Most other MMOs don't send packets I can use to determine where mobs are on a map. Some bad programmers a long time ago made some decisions that 15 years of bad programmers decided would be too much work to ever change. Maybe I don't even want that information on my local network, but there it is. They put it there against my will and I just choose to monitor it.

Rationalize all you like, it's cheating.

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
On an unrelated note... My cleric has 4 berg crowns and 3 gimb rings, and I have almost 0 desire to come back next week. Would @Zaide or someone I know for sure isn't a fuckass want those for mqs? You can pocket cleric too if you like.

I think most or all main Clerics have these already. Cupcaek probably wishes he had heard about this before he did his 25 hour Bergurgle camp recently :(.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Most other MMOs don't send packets I can use to determine where mobs are on a map. Some bad programmers a long time ago made some decisions that 15 years of bad programmers decided would be too much work to ever change. Maybe I don't even want that information on my local network, but there it is. They put it there against my will and I just choose to monitor it.
The terms of the game forbid manipulating said data, therefore it's cheating. That's all there is to it. To come to any other conclusion requires a fuck ton of stupidity and mental gymnastics.

• 1Solidarity

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Is it really manipulating the data though? I mean, it reads it in transmission and doesn't change it.

Then it takes what it read and goes "oh, here a GUI I made in Visual Basic to track the hacker's IP"

..I may be drinking at work..

Wynn

The terms of the game forbid manipulating said data, therefore it's cheating. That's all there is to it. To come to any other conclusion requires a fuck ton of stupidity and mental gymnastics.

I mean if you wanna rules lawyer bang we can bang. The terms do not forbid "manipulating" said data, they actually ban trying to decipher it at all, which is absurdity and invalid. They don't own the local network they are spewing their traffic on to and it's not reasonable for them to govern end usage of said network traffic. How can we know that there isn't malicious shit being sent to our machines from Daybreak's servers if we aren't allowed to monitor it?

I also know I've not eaten a 14 day suspension for training Atabishi then been like "whaaaaat happened" due to not knowing the basic rules, or any suspension for that matter, so I suspect my real world understanding of EQ rules may be superior to yours.

• 2Salty
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Bad coding practices doesn't mean allowance of all activities. You can totally get in trouble for exploiting pathing in game, for example.

Wynn

Is it really manipulating the data though? I mean, it reads it in transmission and doesn't change it.

Then it takes what it read and goes "oh, here a GUI I made in Visual Basic to track the hacker's IP"

From the EQ Code of Conduct:

"11. You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running EverQuest."

So they literally assert privilege to send network traffic to someone's house, and forbid you to even look at that traffic. So Daybreak's servers could be compromised and spewing malicious shit onto its customers local networks and if we investigated it's technically a rules violation.

Those same rules also make it a violation to PLAY an emu server (i.e. a server totally separate from Daybreak), or to create or design an emu server. So technically they could look at these rules and ban Secrets because he worked on P99. They could also ban everyone in game who has admitted to playing on P99. This would obviously go against the "spirit" of their non-binding consent decree with P99.

tldr; the code of conduct were written by stupid people and should be ignored

• 1Picard

Wynn

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I mean if you wanna rules lawyer bang we can bang. The terms do not forbid "manipulating" said data, they actually ban trying to decipher it at all, which is absurdity and invalid. They don't own the local network they are spewing their traffic on to and it's not reasonable for them to govern end usage of said network traffic. How can we know that there isn't malicious shit being sent to our machines from Daybreak's servers if we aren't allowed to monitor it?

I also know I've not eaten a 14 day suspension for training Atabishi then been like "whaaaaat happened" due to not knowing the basic rules, or any suspension for that matter, so I suspect my real world understanding of EQ rules may be superior to yours.
Hi a_skeleton_03

• 1Worf

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Just spent 27 hours at berg trying to get crown. The fact you have multiple makes me sad

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Hi a_skeleton_03
Not me broaeph, I don't need to hide behind a puppet.

I have the same view.

You, unlike me, have played on an EMU. You are in just as much violation of the rules as anyone using showeq.

I don't care to debate with the shittiest and most obvious troll on the forum though.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Not me broaeph, I don't need to hide behind a puppet.

I have the same view.

You, unlike me, have played on an EMU. You are in just as much violation of the rules as anyone using showeq.

I don't care to debate with the shittiest and most obvious troll on the forum though.
suwynneg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tarmie

Golden Squire
So the couple AFK macro using people I've seen don't use anything to stop their macros around players. Just get closer and auto follow, you can /follow anyone in range you can target. Coupled with bind sight it would give very definitive proof. At the very least bind sight gives me wicked warp looking behaviour and massive rubber banding even when I'm inside the quick update range. Just get invis, a bard and /follow since that would be the most obvious proof you could send. Also, is funny to put a whole train of people on auto follow on someone in the tunnel with /dance hot buttons... Good times.

Wynn

So the couple AFK macro using people I've seen don't use anything to stop their macros around players. Just get closer and auto follow, you can /follow anyone in range you can target. Coupled with bind sight it would give very definitive proof. At the very least bind sight gives me wicked warp looking behaviour and massive rubber banding even when I'm inside the quick update range. Just get invis, a bard and /follow since that would be the most obvious proof you could send. Also, is funny to put a whole train of people on auto follow on someone in the tunnel with /dance hot buttons... Good times.

This is because the anti-AFK tools MQ2 has to detect other players and stop automation are relatively sophisticated. Since no one is known to have a working MQ2 on Agnarr the vast majority of the automators are using simple solutions like AutoHotKey or various keyboard/mouse macro recorders/players that aren't going to know shit when someone comes to investigate.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I seriously doubt there is any warping taking place. If he has MQ then he doesn't need to be turning all over the place to tab target for one and if he can warp, why do any running at all? Just warp to the target location. If he is going to run to be "inconspicuous," then he could just /stick a target and look pretty natural. Sure he could be bad at MQ, but even the jankiest of compiles will deliver the ability to target anything in the zone so spinning to grab a target makes no sense.

The more sane explanation is that I've seen bards appear to jump all over the place many times. I just don't think the client handles bard speed well. In any case, the evidence is shit, get a better video where you don't have half of your screen blurred.

• 1Like

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I love love love mq2. Very much on record I'm pro botting. Watching that video, it is not mq2. It doesn't work like that.

Tarmie

Golden Squire
Those same rules also make it a violation to PLAY an emu server (i.e. a server totally separate from Daybreak), or to create or design an emu server. So technically they could look at these rules and ban Secrets because he worked on P99. They could also ban everyone in game who has admitted to playing on P99.
SoE handed me a ban for this exact reason back when eqc almost looked like a thing that would see the light of day. Sort of deserved it, some people were talking in the global general channel about it and I chimed in with "you know, they really don't like the idea of eqc, probably should listen to Soandso and not draw attention to it" about five minutes later Soandso asked if I was the same Eqcdevhandle as on eqc. Being dumb I confirmed it (was also my account name, lol), got kicked a few minutes later and couldn't log back in or use the credit card I used to sign up for a new account. This was back when you could call their customer service and they very politely told me I was banned for violation of their "do not attempt to recreate" rule.

@Secrets you should say hi to Redmarie or Tarmie in game some time, would love just to say hello and you never seem to be there when I see you.

• 1Like