Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This server intrigues me but damn, I'll only get in a couple hrs a night at best. Nostalgia would be great for a couple weeks I bet.

In terms of powerleveling, what can you do with the XP increase ? You guys make it sound so easy.

Back in the day I was part of the team that got the 1st lvl 65 frog w/ epic, took 2 days /play but 5 actual days, and it involved a lot of prep-work and using higher-level chars. Sometimes I google "first level 65 froglok everquest xev" to read all the posts, mostly negative, which makes it so funny.

Might actually play this for a week or 2 for the nostalgia, probably won't make it to level 20 though, hah.

AshurVeeshan

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hi guys. New to Forum. I was in Fires of Heaven on Veeshan from Luclin through the exodus to the WoW beta and on WoW launch was one of the founders as Ashur the Shaman. So some of you may know me :)

I've been rolling on Project 1999 for a year or so but The producers letter about Agnarr caught my eye. Are you guys all about doing the complete neckbeard server firsts-at-all-costs thing or any of you Veeshanites out to have some fun.

I'll be there on Agnarr and will be bringing a bunch of Project 1999 folks and I'm trying to decide how to roll.

-Ashur

Last edited:

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I'll be there. SK was fun as fuck on Phinny, not sure what i'd roll here though. The goodness of SK tho...

EQ000006.jpg

Reht

Molten Core Raider
thinking of coming back for this too, instanced classic raiding sounds fun

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Let me know if daybreak sells out to a real company and I will be there!

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Will there be a few spots for filthy casuals? I'll play for sure, but amount of time is up in the air. Will probably shaman or necro (both maybe even).

Sterling

El Presidente
Will there be a few spots for filthy casuals? I'll play for sure, but amount of time is up in the air. Will probably shaman or necro (both maybe even).
I mean there will be dragons to kill for 3 months each expansion so even if you're kind of slow and take a couple weeks to level instead of 2 days you could still kill dragons, you just won't part of the initial race.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I've done all the shit in EQ so many times, mostly just interested in having people to group with.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Id be down for some casual type shit, you know, normal 25-30 hr per week type gaming? But there is no way im sitting my ass for 20 hrs a day for this old ass shit.

• 1Like

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Ha, I hear you.

Nowadays, I only do 18-20 hrs day time-off-work racing for world 1st. I'll do that if Pantheon turn out to be decent, but there is no way I would do this for nostalgia.

So, if there is a static group aiming 3-4 hrs per night, I'll roll in. If not, not biggies, i will fuck around in Albion Online & ESO Morrowind expansion this summer.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ha, I hear you.

Nowadays, I only do 18-20 hrs day time-off-work racing for world 1st. I'll do that if Pantheon turn out to be decent, but there is no way I would do this for nostalgia.

So, if there is a static group aiming 3-4 hrs per night, I'll roll in. If not, not biggies, i will fuck around in Albion Online & ESO Morrowind expansion this summer.

Oh no this is nothing like what we've done in older mmo's bro. This is a much more relaxed and fun environment, its only the initial crew for the dragon rush that doesn't need to sleep. Once that weekend is over its normal EQ just grouping and raiding whenever you feel like. In classic though those dragons repop daily and when you do instances you break up into groups of 12 at first and as you gear you'll do Vox / Naggy with 6.

This isnt classic EQ either, this is a toned down much easier version with a lot of quality of life changes. No coin weight, origin @ level 5, and picks to spread out people camping L Guk for example. Its not uncommon for there to be 12 picks of LGuk up at a time with full capacity in each one. The servers are also packed so it will seem much livelier than it did when you played on live.

@Amazing whats up EU slut, you gonna play with USA this time?

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Oh no this is nothing like what we've done in older mmo's bro. This is a much more relaxed and fun environment, its only the initial crew for the dragon rush that doesn't need to sleep. Once that weekend is over its normal EQ just grouping and raiding whenever you feel like. In classic though those dragons repop daily and when you do instances you break up into groups of 12 at first and as you gear you'll do Vox / Naggy with 6.

This isnt classic EQ either, this is a toned down much easier version with a lot of quality of life changes. No coin weight, origin @ level 5, and picks to spread out people camping L Guk for example. Its not uncommon for there to be 12 picks of LGuk up at a time with full capacity in each one. The servers are also packed so it will seem much livelier than it did when you played on live.

With MotM1 I don't think it was quite down to 6 with our regular splits, but we were doing a bunch of splits with like 2 groups. WDC for all the wizards!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
True a better description was more 6 people boxing 9-12, remember Grisvok and I had the one group that wiped. I dont think anyone else ever wiped but us lol. We were trying to prove Vox can be slowed since everyone seems to think she can't and Webin did once.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
if it ever really launches as a non-broken game, I'll be surprised. I simply do not believe it will be worth poopsocking for.

Don't get me wrong, Brad isn't getting a single damn thing from me, not until I get to play the game at the very least.

Well, if that is what it looks like, a lot of folks here can join up

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I might be in for another run as well. Depends on the release date, how work is at that time etc etc.

Sterling

El Presidente
Don't get me wrong, Brad isn't getting a single damn thing from me, not until I get to play the game at the very least.

Well, if that is what it looks like, a lot of folks here can join up
Yeah these servers are super casual friendly.