Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

lost

<Bronze Donator>
So monday/tuesday is 8-10 and thursdays are 8-11 (ur website homepage says 3 raiding days/week).

u guys still do fear and sky? dad needs to get a cloak, bcg and slime blood =P i'll tell him, 11 pm est probably could work for him.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
So monday/tuesday is 8-10 and thursdays are 8-11 (ur website homepage says 3 raiding days/week).

u guys still do fear and sky? dad needs to get a cloak, bcg and slime blood =P i'll tell him, 11 pm est probably could work for him.

Monday is usually sky/fear

Tuesdays is everything else

Thursday is VP

Xevy

Log Wizard
Tiggle Loot Council. Sounds.....like something.

Some dude who joined our guild recently on Discord was like "Hey you know that Quicktunes dude... he's like 17 in real life." We corrected him, but not sure why. Also this dude was the most oblivious and ignorant dude in the world. He kept asking if he was going to get a VS faction hit for KILLING VS. He also didn't know a_skeleton_02 was Quicktunes. But somehow, he still "knew" a_skeleton_02 was 17.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Tiggle Loot Council. Sounds.....like something.

Some dude who joined our guild recently on Discord was like "Hey you know that Quicktunes dude... he's like 17 in real life." We corrected him, but not sure why. Also this dude was the most oblivious and ignorant dude in the world. He kept asking if he was going to get a VS faction hit for KILLING VS. He also didn't know a_skeleton_02 was Quicktunes. But somehow, he still "knew" a_skeleton_02 was 17.

ROFL who was it?

Also stop correcting people damn it.

What I wouldn't give to be 17 again.

Also I just get one vote in the LC

Edit: we kicked some paladin a while back ago named Roland dude was like 70 and super slow. He was loud and funny in like a poppop way so we kept him around and he got pretty decently geared since he was one of two paladins.

Eventually we recruited a new paladin who obviously blew him out of the water since she could speak in discord and actually tank shit.

One day we wanted to farm sister of spire (before we knew you could keep sirran up forever) so I made a 72 person raid and I had to sit a few people including Roland and he flipped the fuck out because he wanted the sky belt.

Dude ghosts for an entire week then comes back and says "I better get the next Paladin sky belt or ill lead a coup D'etat"

The officers laughed and was about to kick him but softie Cohh made me demote him down to TAC where he just shit talked the guild until he got kicked.

I say this because I've had to remove a lot of literal mouth breathers from my guild and 90% of them quit immediately because they are just tourists and they know no other guild would put up with their shit while actually letting them see content so the ones who do end up still playing join shit guilds and end up salty at me.

I made mother fuckers who have never played a MMO outside of wow camp a fucking VP key.

I should be a motivational speaker

Last edited by a moderator:

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never join a streamer guild in any game. I'd say a vast majority do it just to be a follower and leave soon after. I am honestly shocked you made it this long. Streamers and their guilds are usually never around long, because streamers need a living and gamers are just as trendy as any other group of people and always move to the "next thing", never sticking to a game for long.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I can't bring myself to wade through the last few pages of awful here.

Kunark is tough on guilds because the content is so worthless there is little reason to play. As others start doing poorly we start getting a lot of new apps so it all works in our favor. Velious can't come soon enough though.

As for O/W competition, we have Trucidation moving on various VP mobs almost every respawn it seems. Sometimes they like to move down to PD with no intentions of waiting for her spawn just to see how long it takes us to batphone.

You'd never know about it though because neither guild cries when it's over.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I can't bring myself to wade through the last few pages of awful here.

Kunark is tough on guilds because the content is so worthless there is little reason to play. As others start doing poorly we start getting a lot of new apps so it all works in our favor. Velious can't come soon enough though.

As for O/W competition, we have Trucidation moving on various VP mobs almost every respawn it seems. Sometimes they like to move down to PD with no intentions of waiting for her spawn just to see how long it takes us to batphone.

You'd never know about it though because neither guild cries when it's over.

Has Trucidation gotten any VP mobs from you?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Shit my dad is 68, but he played EQ on launch, not a necro but he raiding a top guild in EQ2 for awhile and was in altera vitae on povar for a bit. As a cleric but I'm sure I can teach him a bit about necros.

I bet trucidation just goes to PD to trigger a poopsock. Apok used to do that TL all the time, was so fucking annoying cause never knew if it was for serious or not but we'd go anyway cause it was like double DKP.

rosengard contesting nTOV was greeeeat cause we'd get triple DKP in the afternoon on a week day lol

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Is MQ2 still going around on Agnarr? Last I saw eqmule was no longer releasing source. Believe it or not, I never heavily used MQ2 on live, only tested it here and there. I'm a systems engineer so the dev side interests me more than actually using it. Anyway, if people were doing what I did, this will be a major set back.

Zaide

TLP Idealist

For sure. We don't really care about anything but PD so if they zone in and it's like Nexona and Druushk up we probably won't even bother but sometimes we do batphone it just because fuck them.

Earlier in Kunark they sniped a PD from us while we were in an instance. It was strictly my fault because I put the wrong PD kill time in our tracker like a scrub.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I bet trucidation just goes to PD to trigger a poopsock. Apok used to do that TL all the time, was so fucking annoying cause never knew if it was for serious or not but we'd go anyway cause it was like double DKP.

rosengard contesting nTOV was greeeeat cause we'd get triple DKP in the afternoon on a week day lol

That's exactly what they do. They take a nominal force down to the PD engage spot and then we show up and they gate out. I'd rather we just didn't bother but I am sure the one time I say fuck it she will spawn five minutes later.

Xevy

Log Wizard
ROFL who was it?

Also stop correcting people damn it.

What I wouldn't give to be 17 again.

Also I just get one vote in the LC

Edit: we kicked some paladin a while back ago named Roland dude was like 70 and super slow. He was loud and funny in like a poppop way so we kept him around and he got pretty decently geared since he was one of two paladins.

Eventually we recruited a new paladin who obviously blew him out of the water since she could speak in discord and actually tank shit.

One day we wanted to farm sister of spire (before we knew you could keep sirran up forever) so I made a 72 person raid and I had to sit a few people including Roland and he flipped the fuck out because he wanted the sky belt.

Dude ghosts for an entire week then comes back and says "I better get the next Paladin sky belt or ill lead a coup D'etat"

The officers laughed and was about to kick him but softie Cohh made me demote him down to TAC where he just shit talked the guild until he got kicked.

I say this because I've had to remove a lot of literal mouth breathers from my guild and 90% of them quit immediately because they are just tourists and they know no other guild would put up with their shit while actually letting them see content so the ones who do end up still playing join shit guilds and end up salty at me.

I made mother fuckers who have never played a MMO outside of wow camp a fucking VP key.

I should be a motivational speaker

Funny story.

We had a dude, a ranger, named Sparticuss. He was a real noob. Like, a literal noob. Always asked dumb questions about shit because he just literally didn't know. Dude gets 50 RIGHT before Kunark. Gets 51 day one and literally never levels past. One night he gets in some heated argument with people in guild about drugs (he was very ANTI drug) and some one called him a 'kid' and he went off on being a sergeant in the Navy for umpteen years or whatever. He basically went silent after that. I'd see him log on, in The Overthere, on his 51 ranger, almost every night. No idea what he was doing.

Cut to: We get a guy who wants to apply named Umbaaza. Troll Shaman. We say, okay. We invite him and he come to raids. He has a different discord name and everything. We start raiding and he starts asking dumb questions. People are like, that voice sounds familiar. People start whispering officers and each other they think it's Sparticuss. Eventually some one is just like "YEAH, OKAY SPARTICUSS" and he is just dumbfounded. He's all, "Who's this Sparticuss? I don't know who that is. I'd like to meet him to understand why you think I'm him." and shit. Eventually, like 5 minutes into people laying into him he admits it. "Okay okay.... I'm Sparticuss." He never gives us a reason why he was sneaky or anything just says he found the ranger boring so he leveled a shaman. We're all weirded out by it but just let it slide. Then later that night an officer has some liquid courage and makes the correct decision of just removing both characters because it was shady and fuck that.

Anywho, this retard is the one who thought a_skeleton_02 was 17. He knew like NOTHING of EQ or the game mechanics, but he knew a_skeleton_02 was a 17 year old loser. Which I guess is probably half right. It was really weird to me. He was probably just some idiot Trucidation convinced to spy on us and they paid him with the CoF and BCG he somehow was selling.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Opimo

Golden Knight of the Realm

We've gotten a couple of PD's and other mobs from them. They started poopsocking PD pretty hard, so now we just go in and trigger a batphone and leave just to get them to login and wait there for a few hours.

We only raid 3 times a week, and not enough of us care enough to raid on off days, so our raid force is small for non-instanced stuff (there's about ~25 of us that like to raid on off days). We won't bother trying to DPS race them if they're going to login twice our numbers. Had some fun training each other the other day though.

Kunark sucks. A lot of guilds are falling apart (we're being approached by a couple of other guilds to absorb them, but who knows).

We don't bother crying about the O/W shit. It's part of the game, and none of us take it personally. Faceless outnumbers us pretty bad, and Zaide runs a tight ship. They have the lion's share of the neckbeards on the server, so it's difficult to compete.

Last edited:
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Oh phinigel I sold them for 8-10 first week so 12 isnt outrageous, guy should have known better but meh

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
We've gotten a couple of PD's and other mobs from them. They started poopsocking PD pretty hard, so now we just go in and trigger a batphone and leave just to get them to login and wait there for a few hours.

We only raid 3 times a week, and not enough of us care enough to raid on off days, so our raid force is small for non-instanced stuff (there's about ~25 of us that like to raid on off days). We won't bother trying to DPS race them if they're going to login twice our numbers. Had some fun training each other the other day though.

1 PD that we didn't contest because we didn't know it was up, as Zaide said there was a mistake made in tracking his window which was 100% on us. There's been zero contested mobs in VP you've actually taken from us, we generally don't care if people kill Druushk/Nexona/Xygoz/Silverwing. We will sometimes batphone specifically to take away a raid target from you simply because we enjoy doing so. It is a little funny because we just delete all the gear, none of our people need loot from the trash dragons.

Was fun when you wiped us on Silverwing last week, but the other night we mostly just felt bad for you guys. You pulled Xygoz + 2 Guardian Wurms and wiped without us having anything on you at all, we were puzzled why a 22 man raid would pull Xyg w/2 wurms because that's a recipe for disaster. We did watch Cwalk (who I guess isn't very good at this) try to train a huge train from entrance up to the ramp that splits into the triplets but he died in Silverwing's room long before reaching us. Guess he didn't know trying to train that many drakes isn't going to be a viable strategy.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users