Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Grizvok was a rude ass bitch to everyone. Get what you deserve. Sorry.

I don't care if I never play EQ again. Atleast that fucking idiot got what he deserved. Hey grizvok hit me up if you will accept some type of % return for DA cases you successfully complete. If it's a win/win for both of us I'll gladly support your toilet trash lifestyle, dude....

5543C191-2536-42B0-9D74-838671F03FA8.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hey Papa @Zaide you guys kill Tunare on test yet? I'm trying to make a schedule for our instanced shit and I want to know how long it took you to clear the zone so I can have a guesstimate. I only have PTSD flash backs about my time in growth so my estimate of "Fucking Forever" was not concise enough.

3 hours 3 days a week will not cut it for us at launch, I'm pushing to add another raid day just for the first few weeks. Of course i'm getting push back from the rank and file but it's funny because all the extra content we would get from a temporary raid day would benefit them the most.

With only 9 hours per week just getting kael and vulak is likely to tap it out. Even after, fear is better loot for the time than growth. The only advantage to pog would be its proximity to kael, so you could try swinging both in one raid block.

For all that extra content you can maybe do optional non-dkp days. Zland, dain, and yeli are ideal for those since they have some sellables and/or the head quests are widely useable.

Opimo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not sure if it's still doable, but you can kite the trash around in a big circle and just kill Tunare in PoG. Used to do it on Live in my old raid guild.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fall in-game bonuses are returning on November 1st and will bring you bi-weekly bonuses including increased bonus experience, rare spawns, faction bonuses, and shorter lockout timers!

Haven't played any lately and was expecting a double XP weekend this weekend, but came across this in the Producer's Letter back from September.

Does anyone know if these bonuses will run concurrently together, or be individually rotated every two weeks? Unsure if they did something like this last year.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
With only 9 hours per week just getting kael and vulak is likely to tap it out. Even after, fear is better loot for the time than growth. The only advantage to pog would be its proximity to kael, so you could try swinging both in one raid block.

For all that extra content you can maybe do optional non-dkp days. Zland, dain, and yeli are ideal for those since they have some sellables and/or the head quests are widely useable.

We already do kael in like an hour

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
You should be able to do pog too in 3 hours total then, if you wanted. Or do fear and whatever, maybe 2 whatevers. IMO mix up which you do first so people can't plan to skip pog...

We added a fourth day for velious. Pog is shit though besides tunare, We are clearing lots of shit in NTOV and i'm sure we will kill Vulak week 1.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The problem is that she takes longer than almost anything, and its all mostly worthless till her, but, she has a few top items. Versus say knocking down wtov dragons who have more loot in 1/10th the time but after a couple weeks nobody gives a shit about it.

Tuna belt I would debatably call the 2nd best item in velious in the long run.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
I mean people are usually happy to do PoG on their alts for an hour or two before actual raid time in my experience at least. Well maybe willing is a better word than happy but still, should be able to cut the actual official raid time in PoG down to ~20 min of clearing annoying shit around the tree like those panthers then her pretty easy if you just open up raid hours for those willing and do her at the start of the night.

Neuad

Trakanon Raider
How highly do you guys prioritize Sleepers? It seems like unless you can get in before warders are gone it's pretty meh, but I may be missing something.

Tarmie

Golden Squire
Maybe I'm a bit if a masochist, but I like clearing PoG. Chances are we aren't going to be able to handle Tunare early on (we're only 3 or 4 groups most of the time) but I'll still be clearing it because I enjoy it. I'll send some tells around when I do that if people are wanting to just plug her without having all of the fun.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
How highly do you guys prioritize Sleepers? It seems like unless you can get in before warders are gone it's pretty meh, but I may be missing something.

If Papa a_skeleton_02 can't get a gnome mask Papa a_skeleton_02 IS getting a dwarf mask.

Plus primal everything else is average. Lots of focus effects though.

rad

Lord of Guk

Outside of the Monk robe most of the pre-wake gear is more novelty, plenty of items after wakening are still solid drops. Even if it's just to outfit all your melee with the primal variant it's worth it. Depending on your raid size you'll spend more time getting down to the bubble then it will take to kill all 4 drags.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, the avatar proc stuff is still a must have for the melee. There's some other good post awakening stuff as well though, AH3 neck comes to mind since I'm a necro.

Neuad

Trakanon Raider
I'm not denying there's good stuff, and suggesting it's skippable. . But some of my guild is suggesting we focus on getting into ST as first priority, over AoW/NToV, and I think they're insane.

We only raid 3 days a week as well, and adding a 4th looks like it won't be possible, so we are discussing options on how to deal with all of Velious.

Last edited:

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
The only rush to get in that justifies prioritizing it over NtoV is if you think you can be there before he's awake and have a shot at SoD / monk robe / salindrite / gnome masks.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I'm not denying there's good stuff, and suggesting it's skippable. . But some of my guild is suggesting we focus on getting into ST as first priority, over AoW/NToV, and I think they're insane.

We only raid 3 days a week as well, and adding a 4th looks like it won't be possible, so we are discussing options on how to deal with all of Velious.

Chances of getting Open world targets off of FE in the first days of the server seems low and once you blow your weekly instances you still wont have enough.