Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
You guys can just use the instance lockout without fucking up the Vulak timer assuming you're splitting Vulak. Just split into small groups so you can maximize the amount of tears you get for your clique / crew and its not that bad to get every item you want.

SBoS is pure sexiness, that thing is good until you get PoP replacements same as a lot of that loot.

That's been the plan since pre-launch when we discussed it but we just haven't done it really. With the 50% reduced instance timers, and all the OW raiding I'm not sure any of our groups that do small number instances on their own have had time to get into any of it yet, I know mine hasn't. I imagine when the 50% reduced timers goes away everyone will have more time to work on it.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Explain this to me slowly. Like you would a child.

So before your scheduled TOV instanced raid, plebs will form up in single groups, or two if autistic and create an instance. They will clear the eTOV mini drakes, with at least 6 hours until scheduled instanced tov raid time.

After the 6 hours the instance lockout goes away and they are only locked out to eToV minis/trash.. They also have to be careful if they clear to eToV not to kill certain drakes at the circular 4 way as some are linked to ntov named or wtov, I think we had some american inventors do this once and kill that named that protects ntov door which locked us out of the next one or two named prior to aary. Hell the hallway to the 4 way is wTOV drakes if I recall so best to just suicide to ETOV imo.

Once this is done and 6 hour lockout for requesting TOV instance is gone, they join your main raid, and upon the new instance being requested, the mini drakes won't be up. Dozekar should be up since your one group didnt kill him. As for trash drops I think thats gone too in etov main raid.

I only did this instanced once or twice since I was main box farmer of open world minis. Symbols used to be like 5-12krono. serrated, black and silver i think were the most valuable. But basically I would just suicide to etov to avoid any ntov/wtov lockouts and have someone res us there out of the LOS of the door to the 4 way, then clear down and pull the mini dragons.

They're pretty easy though shouldnt take more than one group. I did it with warrior, 3 monks, bard, ench and cleric. sometimes I brought shaman cause slow would be hard to land on the rare symbol named behind dozekar (two of em). Pop defensive on pull to give me enough wiggle room to focus on tash/malo and slow/cripple.

In OW i think they repop around 24 hours, with a variance. Would be a good krono farm fo sho.

I'm sure korrupt will fill in the holes in my statements.

Last edited:

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
In OW i think they repop around 24 hours, with a variance. Would be a good krono farm fo sho.

I'm sure korrupt will fill in the holes in my statements.

How many drops would you get in the average clear? My buddies like doing small group stuff for kronos and they've never heard about this.

Sterling

El Presidente
How many drops would you get in the average clear? My buddies like doing small group stuff for kronos and they've never heard about this.
Pretty sure all the symbol drakes will be up, obviously some symbols are better than others, and the amount of armor you get will be vary a lot clear to clear. He's right though you don't want to kill the wandering drake since that will mess up lockouts on other stuff.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sure all the symbol drakes will be up, obviously some symbols are better than others, and the amount of armor you get will be vary a lot clear to clear. He's right though you don't want to kill the wandering drake since that will mess up lockouts on other stuff.

I'm a newb. How many symbol drakes are there in an instance?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
8 drakes..but they can drop more than one type of symbol but one symbol at a time. Can also get the rare glowing drake orb, I dont recall if it can drop with a symbol or replaces the symbol. The armor drops vary, I mean I never fully cleared, you dont have to.. I had 3 monks so I would just split the named through the trash into an empty corner, theres one or two spots in the east wing that are safe, have no roamers/no los to mobs.

Dozekar Tear Quests - Project 1999 Wiki

It should be good money if you can get the rare symbols that everyone needs to complete their quest, if I recall all the quests require at least one of the rare symbols, some quests only require symbols and no tears (dozekar drops tears). So essentially everyone is trying to get them through their own instance or the dumb ones are just lumping their lockout in during MAIN raids which makes it even worse. But these items are best in slot so most logical people will shell out for the MQ since casuals dont get the time to farm them =p

If you have free time then yeah, I would easily get the named during the day, just set them up not to repop during raid hours or they'll pop during a dozekar raid or armor farm and youll have to compete/train for it.

Guess I should have made a melee group meh.

When I sold my monk on phinigel, had 6 of these quest items, took lot of work! Not to mention jugglign the faction to turn in, in between the tov raids every 2 days.

Last edited:

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was quite rare to have in Velious, as it was open contested and guilds ran with far larger numbers. Faction was also a major hassle if you raided NToV.

Setsa

Trakanon Raider
His name is Pudgie and I will do everything in my limited power to make sure he never plays any of the five characters I know about on this server again.

He was talking to me tonight as well about joining our guild. I will heed your advice and ignore him.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
He was talking to me tonight as well about joining our guild. I will heed your advice and ignore him.
hah what guild?

He tried to beg his way back in last night as well.

Pudgie.png

The only thing he is fucking is himself.

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
This is when someone told him to send tells for buffs during Open World NTOV because has was plastered and rambling in discord while we were killing shit.

He left the raid and started raging on me in discord PMs. Told him to calm down and sleep it off and talk to me in the morning and we will work it out but he kept on keeping on so we kicked him.

He told me he can beat up 10 guys at once while telling our other office he is having lots of sex.

So with me he tells me he beats up people and with Viyro he says he fucks a lot.

Dude is some 50 year old Ex marine nutjob and I think when he got told to send buffs triggered some PTSD about the time he got caught molesting Afghanistani boys so he had to act all macho.
upload_2017-11-22_11-8-1.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think he was implying 10 or more dicks, i could be wrong.. but word on the street is he's having more sex

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users