Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
mlp9if.jpg

I hate myself and was convinced by a pessimist and a sadist, if that explains anything.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Paladins are way underrepresented right now in Velious. Will allow me to play catch-up easily on gear. And in an expansion or two I'll be quite a bit more powerful.

Besides, paladins are stronger in this era than they're given credit for. It's just Velious is such a raid heavy expansion. Paladins are still the best tanks for content below raid level.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Definitely a solid class come Luclin for encounters requiring offtanks. Grab that gear rot while you can!

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Are there really that many paladin gear rots that will be easy loot and not wanted by war/sk?

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Yea that's why I think the myth that "roll paly for massive ez loot" is incorrect. Any loot they want is going to warriors/sks first most likely

Other than tunare sword....and maybe a cocksmasher from aary?

I have a 40 iksar war I may level up. Never played a war before.

Last edited:

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
I PLed a 40 ranger on last bonus exp specifically to camp lev cloaks for our mage epics.

Brought his naked no skills ass to SK today, located a mob walking the right way, killed it, quillmane spawned 63ish seconds later with cloak. Correct pH on first kill, what luck!!!!!

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Isn't a rogue just flat out worse dps than monk at any and all times on this server? I cannot fathom a reason to roll one. At least a paladin can loot the griegs hammer and be uniquely productive.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Isn't a rogue just flat out worse dps than monk at any and all times on this server? I cannot fathom a reason to roll one. At least a paladin can loot the griegs hammer and be uniquely productive.

Most of our rogues beat our monks because they all have tunare/vulak daggers and the monk shit isnt dropping.

Meechie

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm one of the heavier geared rogues on agnarr and I still parse below 75% of monks on most fights. I enjoy rogue though and it's still sustainable DPS.

Solkos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not necessarily flat out worse than monk. It's actually flat out better DPS on non MOTM mobs than monks. Watch your parse on trash mobs and you should see it as long as you have equally geared attentive rogues in your raids.

Combine a full raid night clear parses on a NTOV raid and you will see that good attentive rogues will be jammed into the top of the parses meaning they are speeding up your raids significantly.

MOTM really hurts rogues in a bad way but, that being said, the rogues are still a significant presence of the top 10 parse list on every boss fight. Usually (depending on the fight) a couple of rogues are within the top 5 DPS on these boss fights.

Trash mobs aren't as glorious as boss fights but it should be taken into account because a significant amount of the time sink in these raids are the trash mobs.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Are disciplines unlinked from each other on TLPs? So a Monk can use Innerflame then Ashenhand back to back?