Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Cwalk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Most of our rogues beat our monks because they all have tunare/vulak daggers and the monk shit isnt dropping.

Then your monks are bad. All they need is an avatar proc, and they're out DPSing Tunare/Vulak dagger rogues.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These still bare fisted monks topping parses? Or do they need Vulak weaps?

(I don't play here)

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Last Night's AoW
unknown.png

Sterling

El Presidente
Monks in our parses are doing 10k+ damage over your top melee in that parse...
If your raids are smaller that's going to naturally happen since the total damage will be done between less players. Also that 2nd wizard die or something?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
If your raids are smaller that's going to naturally happen since the total damage will be done between less players. Also that 2nd wizard die or something?

Magran is our only wizard and he chain nukes/rains to the point where he pulls agro on almost everything.

He is our ONLY wizard at the moment(we did get some recruits though) so I feed him items.

Cwalk

Valid point. We're not raiding with 72 non boxes. But our top DPS in the last AoW fight parsed at 92 DPS, which was a monk (without Vulak/FoN)

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah tiggles tell your monks to get 3 more dps you shitter!! absolutely embarassing compared to cwalks glorious 92 dps monk.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
Don't know much/care much about DPS, and have no saved parses, but in Faceless our monk who has Gharn's pulls a good chunk more DPS than our two other monks who don't. Our roster of high attendance monks isn't super big. The Rogues we have parse pretty well but I haven't seen them out parse our top couple monks on any long Velious fight, but we also have zero Vulak daggers. Considering how big of a difference the Vulak weapon seems to make for Monk it doesn't seem crazy to me if you have no monks with the top gear and you have a bunch of top geared rogues you could end up in a weird scenario where the Rogues are edging monks out.

I know when some of our lower RA Monks (who are still relatively well geared) show up they still out DPS most of our rogues, but it isn't 100% of the time and it varies from fight to fight. I am not sure how much skill would factor in since there is essentially no skill in playing Monk or Rogue, you can actually set up a rogue to just auto backstab and go to sleep and on these rooted NToV bosses that's about all you need to do. I think most Monks just multi-bind their combat skills right? So you auto attack and press one button repeatedly until the boss is dead. Not sure how anyone could suck at that to be honest, unless they had a mental infirmity of some kind.

Cwalk

Perhaps, "they're bad" was a bit too serious and harsh for this time of the morning? The point I ultimately was making is that while rogues are definitely in the parse, and high up it - monks are consistently at the top from what I've witnessed.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Well I'm a noob and my gamparse doenst show class but this was an AoW on phinigel. Kontra wiz, korrupt SK, Draeky (me monk), Blaastin wiz.Alexandre monk, ginsue rogue
I0sXmvsnSfKqSh0gFCLTpw.png

Vulak: top are wiz
bH5mUDmtQQC7U0-Vf8ngEg.png

My monk didnt have gharns but was mostly BIS otherwise. Used fist of nature primary and primal weapon offhand if I recall.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I had 23DPS on AOW, How can I maximize my bard DPS? I didn't Puretone denons but I did press kick like 4 times during the fight when my show was on commercial.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cwalk

I had 23DPS on AOW, How can I maximize my bard DPS? I didn't Puretone denons but I did press kick like 4 times during the fight when my show was on commercial.

Press kick at least 7 times and your DPS will surely double, my dude

Needless

Toe Sucker
The key isn't to increase your own dps, it's to train and eliminate your highest dps to average out your dps compared to the top. :emoji_sunglasses::emoji_point_right::emoji_point_right:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dude a_skeleton_02, your SK are bad. Sazzabi, Abyss, Cukernaut, or me all make the top 10 on any fight we start with full mana.