Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Just finished epic on a monk alt. Wow what an increase to dps

Appears monk epic haste doesn't stack with ench haste. Ench haste overrides.

How about bard haste, or robe of the whistling fists?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I thought that was your friend lol.

Anyways I just saw a guild named themselves after me. Pretty awesome.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Yes it was a friend's alt actually. He's a RL friend so when we play, we play together.

Dude I want to PL you so bad. I'm not ditching I promise. Trying to make it work

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Welp camped another chardok monk pipe, on to KC, then brother z w robe. Getting robe of whistling fists again to go with epic better be worth it. The monk is fully buffed at all times...will robe add much dps?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
huh monk epic is a song enchanter haste is a spell, should stack. the robe i think is nice but fully raid buffed not necessary. i think youll just be adding str out of raids using rowtf song? and most likely will haste cap with enchanter/epic/worn haste

i forget its been awhile. some think rotlc is better for stats

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Well with vog monk had 176% haste. With epic only it was like 157%. With both VOG and epic it was 176% leading me to believe the haste portion doesn't stack w ench haste

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I seemed to remember it being type 3 haste, but I'm likely wrong about that. So you're just hitting the haste cap (which can only be broken by overhaste aka type 3)

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I read alla
Well, no, you see, that post refers to the "Warsong of the Vah Shir" spell which is an "overhaste" (v3 haste) not Jonthan's, which is an ordinary "spell haste" (v1 haste).

Ordinary spell haste spells (v1) don't stack (well, the haste portion of the spells don't), but v1 haste stacks with v3 haste, and in addition, v3 haste increases the haste cap with whatever the percentage of the spell is.

So, if you have, say, a 40% haste item + Speed of Vallon (68% (v1) haste buff), that would take you to the cap (100%) right there, and nothing could make you hit any faster, except for the overhaste (v3) bard songs, like Warsong of the Vah Shir and what have they.

Guess makes sense since you need the overhaste from bards to go higher, so as a previous comment on alla said:
With a bard song like this, if you have enc haste, the AC and STR will work for you, as will the highest v1 haste. So, if you have 50% haste from an enchanter, the song will effectively be AC/STR only (still not bad).

but in raids I was mostly STR capped anyway, you have feral avatar or primal weapons. which is also why you get VOG instead of rapidity, for the stats.

Sterling

El Presidente
There's 3 slots of haste. Item haste, spell/normal song haste, then v3 haste which is some specific bard songs or item clicks.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Tarmie

Golden Squire
There's 3 slots of haste. Item haste, spell/normal song haste, then v3 haste which is some specific bard songs or item clicks.
Isn't their some stupid stacking rule with boot haste too? I always get confused switching around because I always end up at 195% or something similar anyway.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Where do you guys get your weird ideas about stacking? This stuff has worked as it currently does forever, and never changed. You get the highest of worn + V1(the super vast majority of spells/songs) + V2(upto 200% cap). How you achieve this is upto you. Then you can also get V3 (so called overhaste).

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Just got bro z w robe...yea...at 2am...

Wiped with 4 box at 10%(he didn't start running wtf?) Didn't have paladin LOh on hotkey or would have had him running.

Ported a box back to hail spam while I gathered other boxes. Hired another 60 melee dps. Ported all back and meded to full. Spanked him for robe. Just need KC pipe now for epic+robe of the whistling fists. Feels good.

Gotta pull teeth in 4 hours. That part sucks. Cya bedtime.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just got bro z w robe...yea...at 2am...

Wiped with 4 box at 10%(he didn't start running wtf?) Didn't have paladin LOh on hotkey or would have had him running.

Ported a box back to hail spam while I gathered other boxes. Hired another 60 melee dps. Ported all back and meded to full. Spanked him for robe. Just need KC pipe now for epic+robe of the whistling fists. Feels good.

Gotta pull teeth in 4 hours. That part sucks. Cya bedtime.

My SK and Shaman were right next to you and I asked if you needed help but no response. Grats though.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
My SK and Shaman were right next to you and I asked if you needed help but no response. Grats though.

Damn!! Damnit!!

Hutorn was on a small laptop for this kill so if you sent him tells I completely missed it in the flurry of having to load the correct combination of boxes up so fast, while hail spamming with one, and porting the rest in from all over the damn world.

Thanks though !!!

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
i hated farming bro z, ever since they added in that fgucking grizzly bear he felt lot more rare with robe