Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Tarmie

Golden Squire
If you can do quillmane cycle you can do brother Q much more quickly. We lucked out when we were doing it and got 3 bro Q spawns in a row to get my monk his robe. Took about an hour to find his cycle and spawn him but that was largely due to a couple bards doing quillmane so it was hard to pin point the cycle.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Enjoying the SK I rolled and we're in the mid 20's now. I didn't feel like setting up the laptop for a box this time around so being able to solo or group is great. And FD when I need to afk is a bonus.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
So....have been considering coming back to Agnarr for my juicy luclin krono camp. What are the krono prices looking like on Agnarr right now and is the population still high? Also, what happened to faceless? I don't see them a listed guild on magelo anymore.

• 2Picard

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
So....have been considering coming back to Agnarr for my juicy luclin krono camp. What are the krono prices looking like on Agnarr right now and is the population still high? Also, what happened to faceless? I don't see them a listed guild on magelo anymore.

A guild called <My Pants> run by a 500lb man who vapes in his grandmother's basement is now the no.1 guild on the server. Zaide, not being able to accept defeat ordered 1100 pairs of Nike Decades, passed them out to his guild and they commited mass suicide.

The sudden loss of so many neckbeards sent krono prices soaring leading to a caste system of have and haves nots, where a stack of Qeynos tea costs more than an average player makes in a year.

The streets of freeport are no longer safe and hordes of out of work raiders murder and steal to survive.

• 11Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 12 users

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Hey man...not many last this long in to velious with the constant pounding of batphones and already scheduled raids between....

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
A guild called <My Pants> run by a 500lb man who vapes in his grandmother's basement is now the no.1 guild on the server. Zaide, not being able to accept defeat ordered 1100 pairs of Nike Decades, passed them out to his guild and they commited mass suicide.

The sudden loss of so many neckbeards sent krono prices soaring leading to a caste system of have and haves nots, where a stack of Qeynos tea costs more than an average player makes in a year.

The streets of freeport are no longer safe and hordes of out of work raiders murder and steal to survive.

Hah that actually made me laugh. Is meko's guild really the #1 guild on there now? Your reply was amazing, but did not answer my questions lol

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Well, tikkles guild does have all big names on farm mode.....with over half the guild being boxes.

They did it folks!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hah that actually made me laugh. Is meko's guild really the #1 guild on there now? Your reply was amazing, but did not answer my questions lol

FE is still the best. Well 2nd best.

<Magnus Canis> Has a stud of a guild leader named BigDog.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Where do you guys get your weird ideas about stacking? This stuff has worked as it currently does forever, and never changed. You get the highest of worn + V1(the super vast majority of spells/songs) + V2(upto 200% cap). How you achieve this is upto you. Then you can also get V3 (so called overhaste).

The above is incorrect. Worn is v1.

You get the highest of worn(v1) + most song / spell haste(v2) + overhaste(v3)

eq:haste
Haste is an effect found on spells, songs, and items. Haste, as the name implies, makes you swing faster; one

There are three types of haste that stack; item haste (which includes tribute,) spell haste (v2,) and certain songs/effects (v3.) In each category, only the highest haste will take effect, so if you have a 37% haste belt and a pair of 23% haste shoulders, you'll only get the benefits of 37% haste.

Anything listed in Lucy as v2 haste counts as a spell-based haste, and anything listed as v3 is "overhaste" -- it stacks with itemhaste and v2 haste.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
That's not quite correct, v1 is regular spell haste, v2 is an older-era haste mostly found on Bard songs from the Velious era, and v3 is overhaste.

Ex, you're wearing a 43% haste item at level 60 you can have your haste buffed by:

v1: Example - ENC Wondrous Rapidity - 70%
v2: Example - BRD Composition of Ervaj - 10%

That would give you 223% haste (you start at 100%), which would be effectively 200% because it's capped at that. In this example a BRD running Composition of Ervaj is thus wasting a song slot since you're haste capped without it.

But then you could also use:

v3: Example - BRD Warsong of the Vah Shir (25% v3 Haste)

That v3 song is Luclin era though, but in the above scenario would take you to real effective haste of 225% if you had that running w/43% worn + ENC v1.

Due to how high most v1 Haste is (ENC WR is 70%, ENC epic is 66%, Bard epic proc v1 is like 66%), and most raiders have worn haste in the 40%+ range pretty easily you basically never need v2. The real use case for v2, sort of, was back in-era Velious when it was released getting those good haste items actually was a lot harder due to just vastly decreased gear availability. It wouldn't have been at all uncommon for even a raider in Velious to only have say, 21% worn haste from something like FBSS, or maybe a little more from something like a Sibilisian Berserker Cloak, Runebranded Girdle or etc. Even Cloak of Flames were rare/very expensive back in these times and a lot of people never did Plane of Sky. In that scenario the v2 stuff could help push you up to the 200% cap (before over haste), but even then it was usually such a marginal benefit that it wasn't super useful for Bards to really be using it much if ever.

Edit to add, so basically the formula posted by Foaming is 100% correct:

You get the highest of worn + V1(the super vast majority of spells/songs) + V2(upto 200% cap). How you achieve this is upto you. Then you can also get V3 (so called overhaste).

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
For any of you dudes not in the cooking thread....look at this pastrami I brined for 24 DAYS and cooked for 9 hours today. First time doing this, make y'all EQ raiders hungry eh? Pastrami on Rye yall

IMG_20171221_202241.jpg

• 2Like

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
Like his guild could even make that much Krono.

I gave them 30KR once, and honestly if he had asked me for 50KR instead, I would have done it. I'm surprised he didn't try and gouge me when he had the chance. I had been spamming to buy loot rights on something for a long time, and my offer was slowly increasing.

He only asked for the same amount I had been offering publicly.

I don't know the guy at all, but it was a pleasure doing business with him.