Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Man I wish I had gotten in on this when it started. I'll be on the lookout for the next time there's a progression EQ server. Need to relive my 4 years of high school.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
And exp isnt hamstrung like some progression servers. In my late 20's I'm sometimes getting 5%+ a kill if I do it right.

/em leaves some more Beastlard corpses in precarious position inside Mistmoore

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One person does a /random 1000, lets say it turns up a 560. The next person does a /random 560. Continue this process until one person rolls a zero, that person loses.

How do you determine who rolls first? Statistically, that is a massive advantage.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And exp isnt hamstrung like some progression servers. In my late 20's I'm sometimes getting 5%+ a kill if I do it right.

/em leaves some more Beastlard corpses in precarious position inside Mistmoore

Only Phinny was "hamstrung" any worse. Besides the whole "somewhat stunted, but no pickzone benefits" deal that indirectly stunted XP by limiting XP options.

Vaclav

Man I wish I had gotten in on this when it started. I'll be on the lookout for the next time there's a progression EQ server. Need to relive my 4 years of high school.

Doing a return on Phin in the meantime - but yea, I'm all over another if there's one that goes up. I love Agnarr conceptually (early Luclin IMO is a good start time) - but I don't like the idea of the endpoint, so it's not for me unless they announce post-lock plans that jive with me.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

Luclin isn't a terrible time to join. Lots of folks leveling up.

Most people leveling now since classic.

If you want to try a server that will be alive for like another five months or so it would be a fun shot.

• 1Like

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
How do you determine who rolls first? Statistically, that is a massive advantage.
Generally the richer person or person who just won goes first as a gentlemens agreement

Also who wants to recruit this sexy level 60 beastlord?

Last edited:

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Favorite part of the Xpac is single FE nonames calling in their "raid force" to kick us out of camps then leaving after 10 minutes when no one comes.

It's like no one tells these people of the class divide in these big raiding guilds and the ones talking shit ain't the ones getting help.

unknown.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Only Phinny was "hamstrung" any worse. Besides the whole "somewhat stunted, but no pickzone benefits" deal that indirectly stunted XP by limiting XP options.

Phinny had pickzones from launch, and in fact had better pickzones that you could hold up forever with a single person back through the Luclin and PoP eras.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I could go for another server. I <3 classic. Maybe around summertime we'll get one.

• 1Barf

Vaclav

Phinny had pickzones from launch, and in fact had better pickzones that you could hold up forever with a single person back through the Luclin and PoP eras.

Indeed - just meant that Phinny with it's stunted XP in someways could be compared to some of the earlier non-pickzone ones since although it had worse XP you could at least always find a camp versus the previously better XP servers per kill, but with a serious lack of mobs to kill w/o pickzones.

Sterling

El Presidente
Pickzone thresholds are largely lower than they were originally on Phinny. I'm a bit surprised by the lack of Shard camp drama on the official forums though,

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Pickzone thresholds are largely lower than they were originally on Phinny. I'm a bit surprised by the lack of Shard camp drama on the official forums though,

It's pretty low key, we held FG for almost the entire day and when another raid came in we split the picks.

People know the server is going to die in three months so it's low key.

Zaide

TLP Idealist

I've gotten the sense that most players are just over the drama. All the dirty tactics have come to be expected and everyone understands that crying about a guild being mean usually has no negative impact on the guild and also gets celebrated as a "win" by the guild in question, so I think most people just avoid crying about shit anymore. Every now and then you get a real retard though.

There has been dumb shit, like people charm gating rock hoppers (rofl) and the standard trains in ME. We had some dude that we apparently trained in classic log back in for Luclin and train us in ME for the first 30 hours or so. It didn't really impact anything though, we still had 270 shards in 35 hours.