Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Zaide

TLP Idealist
No it's not. The best part of EQ is the Nostalgia and getting new items you previously couldn't. All this bickering and shit about who was "First" to beat a 17 year old encounter is far, FAR from the best thing. I feel for those of you who feel like doing something for the 30,058th time and thinking it's first is an accomplishment. It is, I suppose, but a very minor one.

This isn't the big dick ego game. This is a fucking relic.

No one is fighting over first, it's just a bunch of people enjoying some ForumQuest. If you can't kick back and enjoy some pointless drama then it's your loss really because this is a lot of fun if you don't take it seriously.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
No one is fighting over first, it's just a bunch of people enjoying some ForumQuest. If you can't kick back and enjoy some pointless drama then it's your loss really because this is a lot of fun if you don't take it seriously.

Oh, no, it's funny to me. It really is. Especially since it happened to Truci/Pitfall. Pitfall I don't know that I really have any issues with except a_skeleton_02 because he's fat. Lol, JK, because he's a garbage can of a person AND fat. Truci is like the designated trash guild. Every server has one.

But even FE bros chest-beating over this fucking ancient game. Only two guilds that I know of raided basically every day since every expansion to try and be the "first". FE and Truci. So the only people FE can even taunt is Truci. And here they are defending them and it's ?????

Oh well. My guild isn't in Time yet, but we ACTUALLY haven't wiped to any encounter, but we have 72 in every raid with no alts/boxes. Only Rathe Council left so we'll just wait til it gets fixed, if it ever does. I'm looking forward to Time since I was like 14 when it came out and had to watch it done over my brother's shoulder. Should be exciting.

However in the next MMO I'll be clearing actual new content and if I see any of you bottom feeders talking about server 8th who are posting here. Well, I just hope I don't.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
EVE drama was much more entertaining to read, this is just sad. It's like a wildstar guild flailing for attention.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Oh, no, it's funny to me. It really is. Especially since it happened to Truci/Pitfall. Pitfall I don't know that I really have any issues with except a_skeleton_02 because he's fat. Lol, JK, because he's a garbage can of a person AND fat. Truci is like the designated trash guild. Every server has one.

But even FE bros chest-beating over this fucking ancient game. Only two guilds that I know of raided basically every day since every expansion to try and be the "first". FE and Truci. So the only people FE can even taunt is Truci. And here they are defending them and it's ?????

Oh well. My guild isn't in Time yet, but we ACTUALLY haven't wiped to any encounter, but we have 72 in every raid with no alts/boxes. Only Rathe Council left so we'll just wait til it gets fixed, if it ever does. I'm looking forward to Time since I was like 14 when it came out and had to watch it done over my brother's shoulder. Should be exciting.

However in the next MMO I'll be clearing actual new content and if I see any of you bottom feeders talking about server 8th who are posting here. Well, I just hope I don't.

No one tried to be first, there was never a race not in PoP or any other era. No Trucidation player will tell you they planned to race us for anything, and FE certainly never thought about "racing" other guilds here for "firsts". TLP servers are decided before server launch. There was never "competition".

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
No one tried to be first, there was never a race not in PoP or any other era. No Trucidation player will tell you they planned to race us for anything, and FE certainly never thought about "racing" other guilds here for "firsts". TLP servers are decided before server launch. There was never "competition".

See, there you go! Bait them bads!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
During the first day of Velious there was a coordinated effort from a few of the other guilds to focus on ST keys and pool their strength. They did manage to get into ST before Faceless and kill I think two warders before stopping for the night. By the time they got up the next morning Kerafym had been awakened.

So that's one day of coordinated opposition for the first 181 days of Agnarr.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah this is pretty much true.

I would love to actually see a guild transplant over to another TLP and break that and see what happens.

The top guild on every one of these servers is never in any danger of not being number one.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
During the first day of Velious there was a coordinated effort from a few of the other guilds to focus on ST keys and pool their strength. They did manage to get into ST before Faceless and kill I think two warders before stopping for the night. By the time they got up the next morning Kerafym had been awakened.

So that's one day of coordinated opposition for the first 181 days of Agnarr.

They got three but they wiped so many times their instance ran out. We were busy clearing the rest of Velious and were content to do ST last as long as no one tried open world. It was a solid attempt on the part of Tikkle, he just didn't have much to work with.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard

I would love to actually see a guild transplant over to another TLP and break that and see what happens.

The top guild on every one of these servers is never in any danger of not being number one.

Because there's only enough people that care about that to fill one, one and a half guilds. That's why.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Because there's only enough people that care about that to fill one, one and a half guilds. That's why.

Our competition has always been 80-100 people on every server, Phinigel had multiple guilds with 80+ people racing even in Velious.

From what I understand from Siirx / TL guys in Discord is that they have faced every guild on the TLP's since Fippy and Vulak. Plus everyone including me is hoping all of the pro's and better players come show us how bad we are on the 20th anniversary or if they drop an FV server. We run to the fire, you can only be the best in games competing against the best :)

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Our competition has always been 80-100 people on every server, Phinigel had multiple guilds with 80+ people racing even in Velious.

From what I understand from Siirx / TL guys in Discord is that they have faced every guild on the TLP's since Fippy and Vulak. Plus everyone including me is hoping all of the pro's and better players come show us how bad we are on the 20th anniversary or if they drop an FV server. We run to the fire, you can only be the best in games competing against the best :)

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

ROI came from basically what was one of the 'original TLP's' and they are what like a triple dynasty at this point?

Implying my basement has room for more than one nerd, or you can see the floor

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
When are we going to have a tlp that ends with a fresh tlp expansion (ie: new tlp server classic thru pop that then branches off to a brand new expac) from pop.

That would be better than eq3 and I bet that server would generate considerable excitement.

Here are the rules:
Expac releases on progression tlps only after unlock

No instanced raiding for in era content (pickzones fine), instances open upon next era release

Agnarr exp

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Vedette

<Donor>
And they start on new servers only.

No server has had an uber guild jump in after an expansion and come from behind to #1.

I can tell you after having Mabbu as a raid leader. If it was ever possible, it would be with a guild run behind him. I seriously doubt long term he is can keep his hand out of RMT cookie jar. I think we lost 2 or 3 shields of the immaculate because of that guy. I full expect him to get banned at some point in the life of that server.

• 2Picard

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can tell you after having Mabbu as a raid leader. If it was ever possible, it would be with a guild run behind him. I seriously doubt long term he is can keep his hand out of RMT cookie jar. I think we lost 2 or 3 shields of the immaculate because of that guy. I full expect him to get banned at some point in the life of that server.

He's been on every TLP that i've been on and has never been able to make any guild competitive that ive seen. Reading some of the recruitment threads from Mabbu and these other guilds is like pure comedy. You would think some of these guilds actually fucking raided in real games against real competition and not against their own arbitrary metrics on emulators and time locked servers.

And they start on new servers only.

No server has had an uber guild jump in after an expansion and come from behind to #1.

Why would anyone ever do that? You'd have to bring a whole guild over and be behind the curve to compete with guilds you've already beaten on other servers which is pointless. Real competition like I said runs towards the other real competition, the only way to know if you're the best at something is to compete with the best directly. Something thats normal in 99% of MMO's except on these emulators.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Why would anyone ever do that? You'd have to bring a whole guild over and be behind the curve to compete with guilds you've already beaten on other servers which is pointless. Real competition like I said runs towards the other real competition, the only way to know if you're the best at something is to compete with the best directly. Something thats normal in 99% of MMO's except on these emulators.
You would prove something real though. Every single one of these guilds have the entire server locked from launch and that never ever changes.

It is raiding in a vacuum on essentially your own private server. You might lose an OW target here and there but that is about it. There is no real race to be had, no real effort.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
ITT: People saying every other guild sucks because they don't measure up to <insert metric here that reflects well upon my guild>

Guy 1: We did it when it mattered.
Guy 2: We did it without cheating.
Guy 3: We did it without zerging.
Guy 4: We did it with competition.
Guy 5: We did it faster than you.
Guy 6: We don't even care about it.
Guy 7: Game is 20 years old, why are you talking about it (on a forum designed for it's discussion)

Everyone is going to root for their home team, it's just how people work. No ones "accomplishments" are better than anyone elses.

Having guilds like IVAS and OGC race for targets every so often during expansions isn't serious competition. There is no long term risk of losing, even if they win an individual race. We've had a dozen or so races from multiple guilds every expansion but what is there to brag about? Some guilds w/o batphones contest primetime mobs and if they win they've got 10 Koi'Dokens this expansion instead of 9, and we've got 56 instead of 57? If we win then everything just went as expected and the world keeps turning. Either way it doesn't matter except that it was fun.

There is no real competition on TLP servers. There probably never was and there certainly never will be now.

Last edited: