Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You would prove something real though. Every single one of these guilds have the entire server locked from launch and that never ever changes.

It is raiding in a vacuum on essentially your own private server. You might lose an OW target here and there but that is about it. There is no real race to be had, no real effort.

We had real races on Fippy, Ragefire, and Phinny. Twisted Legion I am told before RF has gone up against every guild since they’ve started here. EU guilds raced and won against us quite a bit. They both raced more than all US guilds combined.

Every guild has the opportunity to play on every server. We run to the most packed competitive server always, there is no guild to hide from here bro lol.

Like I said it’s not hard to find our group in any MMO. People who want to compare, measure, or compete just need to come at us is all.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
ITT: People saying every other guild sucks because they don't measure up to <insert metric here that reflects well upon my guild>

There is no real competition on TLP servers. There probably never was and there certainly never will be now.

Entertainment is why were here, no one thinks there is any competition on the TLP servers. The world first raiding community outside of EQ is pretty small and almost everyone knows each other somewhat. Aside from addiction I have never run into any guild from EQ in any competitive raid scene. Vanguard wouldn't even count, getting world first there for our crew was free.

Tevinter

Lord Nagafen Raider
any guild that i played in is one of the best, any guild I wasn't a part of is utter trash.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users
ITT: People saying every other guild sucks because they don't measure up to <insert metric here that reflects well upon my guild>

Guy 1: We did it when it mattered.
Guy 2: We did it without cheating.
Guy 3: We did it without zerging.
Guy 4: We did it with competition.
Guy 5: We did it faster than you.
Guy 6: We don't even care about it.
Guy 7: Game is 20 years old, why are you talking about it (on a forum designed for it's discussion)

Everyone is going to root for their home team, it's just how people work. No ones "accomplishments" are better than anyone elses.

Having guilds like IVAS and OGC race for targets every so often during expansions isn't serious competition. There is no long term risk of losing, even if they win an individual race. We've had a dozen or so races from multiple guilds every expansion but what is there to brag about? Some guilds w/o batphones contest primetime mobs and if they win they've got 10 Koi'Dokens this expansion instead of 9, and we've got 56 instead of 57? If we win then everything just went as expected and the world keeps turning. Either way it doesn't matter except that it was fun.

There is no real competition on TLP servers. There probably never was and there certainly never will be now.

People are just tribal by nature, but you were right earlier, just sit back and enjoy the luls

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
These TLPs are awesome, I am so glad Mealin and randoms PMd me about being in a shit guild because we didnt meet time records or because were not going hard on Coirnav. This is the first time in any raiding community I have seen so many arbitrary metrics by so many individual guilds. Im not even kidding when I say its interesting, its very unique to these emulators.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
These TLPs are awesome, I am so glad Mealin and randoms PMd me about being in a shit guild because we didnt meet time records or because were not going hard on Coirnav. This is the first time in any raiding community I have seen so many arbitrary metrics by so many individual guilds. Im not even kidding when I say its interesting, its very unique to these emulators.
They are like they are their own little microcosm. Nobody is just playing to play.

Sterling

El Presidente
The people are what makes playing this game great. Getting to game with some pretty fun people and then this meta shit between guilds and forumquesting. Actual TLP EQ isn't challenging or anything.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The people are what makes playing this game great. Getting to game with some pretty fun people and then this meta shit between guilds and forumquesting. Actual TLP EQ isn't challenging or anything.

Thats the truth, the hardest boss we fight in any game we play is boredom. I hadn't played with Dannin before Ragefire since live in township rebs, its been awesome getting to know everyone again. Plus Drillisen / Starklen / Siirx / Mugatu / Elaida etc are like brothers almost to me IRL. Their crew is from Nurfed in WoW where some of them still raid even now, so its a fun mix of a bunch of MMO nerds from many games combining our friends.

We just brought @a_skeleton_03 into our harem, hopefully he clicks with the homies too. All of them are really good guys who arent about dumb shit and who dont stand in fire.

Solkos

Golden Knight of the Realm
We had real races on Fippy, Ragefire, and Phinny. Twisted Legion I am told before RF has gone up against every guild since they’ve started here. EU guilds raced and won against us quite a bit. They both raced more than all US guilds combined.

Every guild has the opportunity to play on every server. We run to the most packed competitive server always, there is no guild to hide from here bro lol.

Like I said it’s not hard to find our group in any MMO. People who want to compare, measure, or compete just need to come at us is all.

Fippy was dumb because no MOTM bosses were pitifully easy. Mobilization, poopsocking, or a crew of SKs using MQ2 were the real competition on Fippy.

Ragefire...I would hardly call that competition lol. Just because people socked didn't mean it was a true competition where TL had any risk of losing any important target. The competition were speed bumps at best there. I remember TL bragging they only lost one Inny pre-rotation and that was because, franky, who the cares about Inny?

I would have liked to see the Lockjaw Faceless go head to head with Ragefire TL. That would have been a complete mess but fun competition. TL would win some and Faceless would have won some too. I feel safe saying that because I was in both guilds at the same time.

The most true competition I have ever seen on a TLP though is after rotations dissolved on Lockjaw guilds were breaking up and banding together to go head to head against Faceless. There were times when over 250 ppl were sitting in naggys layer waiting for a late spawn. 2 x 72 man full DPS raids going head to head to get a kill. Shit was tiring but fun.

I think of all of the guilds on these TLPs, I would have to give AoS (TL v2.0) the award for being the most organized competitive force I have been a part of although the automatic training they would do if ever faced with any true risk of losing a race was pretty pitiful. That being said, competition for them was few and far between. I don't count any instance racing to beat content first. What counts is open world because it is head to head true competition.

Agnarr was more competitive than Phinny although the Agnarr Faceless probably had the least experienced officer core (when it came to racing) I have seen but they still beat out other guilds by brute force and black opps. They had an officer core turnover mid way thru Vellious and I think they came back much stronger than they were before.

TLDR:

Lockjaw: Most true competition I have seen ever (Classic era).
AoS: Top orginized competitive force I have seen on a TLP.
Faceless: Very different on every server due to drastically different officer cores.

Korrupt, when you say you are always on the most competitive packed servers, it just isn't true. I will agree that you are on what people presume is going to be the most competitive, packed servers but that presumption doesn't always end up being how the server plays out.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
7 Day suspension must be rough. Maybe when you get Coirnav down you can get 85'd in!

It's mother's day you subhuman fuck, I was spending it with my family. Gonna get some late night Plane of Fire on now though, was just looking for a group.

EQ000468.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's the gayest character I've seen in a game full of gay characters. Also, edit your SpraxxUI buff bars so you dont have all those useless spell slots!

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
In your SpraxxUI folder, EQUI_BuffWindow and EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow. I've modified mine to only show 15 slots for both and adjusted the placement so the buff bar draws over the number if there is a buff there. Sexy AF.

EQ000008.jpg

Xevy

Log Wizard
Bro? Palladius? STILL? Come on, now!

Also a_skeleton_02 sorry I jumped the gun. I'll wait.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I've never had anything but good dealings with Faceless on the forums and in game... until recently. Shwarlord and Galaktus have been training the shit out of anyone in BoT for a few days now. Shit's getting old.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Until a Greatblade from time ct drops I'll be rocking the axe. Only SK on agnarr to ever out dps me when I cared is Sazzabi in FE. So I think I'm doing fine.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Until a Greatblade from time ct drops I'll be rocking the axe. Only SK on agnarr to ever out dps me when I cared is Sazzabi in FE. So I think I'm doing fine.

Pshhhh. Maybe once I fell behind on aas in luclin ;)

Hope all is well. I’m just treading water with baby life atm lmao

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users