Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Time on weds, rest of the elemental instances on friday. ssra instance weekly. fennin/coirnav + minis batphones whenever.

We fill the raid for Time. Couple boxes depending on turnout. Rest of the time there is always room for boxes. Almost all molds are going to alts now. Its all DKP, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vedette

<Donor>
I got a bunch of Krono rotting on my account that I'm not using,

Anyone want to pick some up cheap? I want the FF14 xpac thats on sale on steam for $20 if you gift it to me I'll give ya like 5.

Guy who was on his high horse this entire thread about RMT, RMT's. Typical a_skeleton_02.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
some day i'll make a glorious return to this server, assuming the ruskis haven't shut it down

and I shall hide the ring until you return.

AN12634010L-r%20MARTIN%20FREEMA.jpg

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I hope this server always keeps a pulse.... I know i'll jump on BfA and ride the wave as i'm a sucker for launch days on pretty much any game but the EQ itch will always come and go and with Agnarr preserving my favorite time in EQ history, it's the best fit for as long as Daybreak keeps the hamsters running.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Does the Legacy of Ykesha have any raid content at all?
The raid shit in LoY will be basically worthless to anyone in Time Gear. I can't remember exactly, but it's probably close to worthless if you're in VT/SSRA gear even.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Time geared players could almost assuredly one group it. It's too bad because I enjoyed it back in the day.

It is innoruuk in crypt of nadox and some event in hate's fury, I think.

Sterling

El Presidente
What was cool was they fucked up some patch and the AoC Hate had LoY Innoruuk and AoS killed it on Phinigel during Kunark or Velious or whatever. I guess that sort of explains the difficulty, but it's still pretty funny. One other awesome AoC patch was once Velious Cazic had MotM1 instead of MotM3 and was actually pretty hard.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
What was cool was they fucked up some patch and the AoC Hate had LoY Innoruuk and AoS killed it on Phinigel during Kunark or Velious or whatever. I guess that sort of explains the difficulty, but it's still pretty funny. One other awesome AoC patch was once Velious Cazic had MotM1 instead of MotM3 and was actually pretty hard.

At one point in my life I knew all of those acronyms. Now I feel like a dad listening to his kids describe the latest fashion trends.

[crosspost:you know you’re getting old]

• 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
aoc agent of change
loy legacy of ykesha
motm3 mark of the mighty III (easier than motm1 and motm2)

• 1Like

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
This could go in any TLP thread, but I gotta ask.

Was their intention to get more people to play caster classes with the melee dps nerf? I lost about 15% melee dmg on the sk.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I hope this server always keeps a pulse.... I know i'll jump on BfA and ride the wave as i'm a sucker for launch days on pretty much any game but the EQ itch will always come and go and with Agnarr preserving my favorite time in EQ history, it's the best fit for as long as Daybreak keeps the hamsters running.

Same here

Sterling

El Presidente
This could go in any TLP thread, but I gotta ask.

Was their intention to get more people to play caster classes with the melee dps nerf? I lost about 15% melee dmg on the sk.
Sort of. Class balance is an ongoing thing obviously and melee were way out of control. There are eras where on burn fights monks are doing more than double any caster's damage. When a burn fight has a monk doing 3k dps and a wizard using 7th, AA cooldowns and a crit glyph ends up doing like 1300 dps there's an issue. If they went the other direction and just buffed casters it would make already stupidly easy TLP EQ even easier.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sort of. Class balance is an ongoing thing obviously and melee were way out of control. There are eras where on burn fights monks are doing more than double any caster's damage. When a burn fight has a monk doing 3k dps and a wizard using 7th, AA cooldowns and a crit glyph ends up doing like 1300 dps there's an issue. If they went the other direction and just buffed casters it would make already stupidly easy TLP EQ even easier.

Loving the news

May dust off the wizard then.

• 1Like
Would be curious if Putin's devs had a notion to do a prog server with retuned progression. I know, that sounds like a surefire nightmare. But it would be interesting.

eq is a basic architecture. Cn rebalance as needed. I will say this, one of the biggest mistakes eq1 ever made had to do with repair/decay/tradeable issues. The game needed to be harder! This got implemented in eq2, but imagine if in eq1 they had implemented item decay. Would have majorly slowed content consumption, because everyine alwyas needing to refresh / reacquire killer items.

Death is part of life. But gamers dont like to hear that I suspect. So you get, the mudflation that predictably doomed eq after 4 years or so.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Would be curious if Putin's devs had a notion to do a prog server with retuned progression. I know, that sounds like a surefire nightmare. But it would be interesting.

eq is a basic architecture. Cn rebalance as needed. I will say this, one of the biggest mistakes eq1 ever made had to do with repair/decay/tradeable issues. The game needed to be harder! This got implemented in eq2, but imagine if in eq1 they had implemented item decay. Would have majorly slowed content consumption, because everyine alwyas needing to refresh / reacquire killer items.

Death is part of life. But gamers dont like to hear that I suspect. So you get, the mudflation that predictably doomed eq after 4 years or so.

That sounds like the worst idea ever in a non instanced game.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users