Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I don't understand how raids will work under this rule set when it comes to the new TLP. Who would want to be a warrior?
TBH if you're not rushing to do the raid mobs in cloth and leather most of them aren't terribly dangerous; go in a few weeks late with full planar armor etc and you can tank them fairly easily. That said I doubt we'll Warrior tank classic raid mobs, most likely you run a Paladin who can DA to swap or avoid DT's. We won't do PoS just because there are too many DT's involved but Inny/CT are pretty doable.

Also, it's not like you join this guild with the expectation of keeping a character forever, right?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Zaide sending the tanks after naggy.
1612105646167.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
To be fair I don’t think Zaide has made it past the 40s as SSF... raids seem a bit of a pipe dream. I like the concept though and look forward to the streams!

• 1Like

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
TBH if you're not rushing to do the raid mobs in cloth and leather most of them aren't terribly dangerous; go in a few weeks late with full planar armor etc and you can tank them fairly easily. That said I doubt we'll Warrior tank classic raid mobs, most likely you run a Paladin who can DA to swap or avoid DT's. We won't do PoS just because there are too many DT's involved but Inny/CT are pretty doable.

Also, it's not like you join this guild with the expectation of keeping a character forever, right?
How many "Death touches" are avoidable with DA? The only one I know if is the DTer in the cursed cycle. Since it's not really a DT. It's just a really big nuke. But, I know Master Yael type DTs go through DA. I admittedly don't fight many DT mobs so I am not sure if there are other mobs with fake DTs?

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
How many "Death touches" are avoidable with DA? The only one I know if is the DTer in the cursed cycle. Since it's not really a DT. It's just a really big nuke. But, I know Master Yael type DTs go through DA. I admittedly don't fight many DT mobs so I am not sure if there are other mobs with fake DTs?
The "DT" is called Touch of Vinitras, and iirc the only other mob that casts it is Shei in Akheva.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
One minute I'm like...
no way friday GIF

And then thinking about it for a few afterwards,

Star Wars Reaction GIF by Disney+

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Innoruuk and CT no longer use the old DT that you see with Yael/Sky "Spiroc Lord shouts Zaide0!". It's like a 12k DD which I believe can be DA'd.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Interesting. Do you know when that was changed?
It was that way at least as far back as 2011 because we duo'd Cazic Thule in classic on Vulak by charming Irak Altil and CT would take about 33% of his hp with each DT.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It was that way at least as far back as 2011 because we duo'd Cazic Thule in classic on Vulak by charming Irak Altil and CT would take about 33% of his hp with each DT.

The two golems do cazic touch which is 100k and can't be DA'd.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I honestly feel like DT is the worst mechanic in EQ. It's something where no matter how well prepared you are, how geared you, how skilled or knowledgeable, there's just nothing you can do about it -- someone will die. Like, I feel like everything should have the possibility, no matter how slim, of being able to be beaten without any deaths.