TLP Idealist
150 members in the first day.

Also snagged this:
6D4ECE9A-6A29-45C0-B19D-60262BBCCB06.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Hopped on for this ultra casual style. I was amazed at how many people had never played EQ or TLP before. Accidently got someone killed cause I didnt know they were new to EQ. RIP beastbuff

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
How many deaths so far? :)
Dozens at least. Tons of people die sub 10 and reroll. We had a few in the teens but our most notable deaths were when a group lost their warrior and cleric at level 21 and another group lost their cleric at level 30.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do you have representation in all the classes? I would imagine some would be quite rare. Bard, Enchanter, Shaman, Druid... you have to have pretty big balls to play them.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Bard? Nah. I mean, yeah you're pulling, but just pop on selo's and run away to let everyone else die :p

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
chanter goes from very appealing to... It's still the most powerful thing you can do, even without charm and you played it safe... but man it sure does seem like the chanter dies first every time stuff goes badly.

In terms of actually just awful to play on here... I imagine rogue is still the worst... druid can heal/snare/root/gate so they can survive fine. shammy slow/heal/sow they are fine.

As much as I love SK, they are prob really rough to play with these rules too. Very dependent on gear, FD spell is so bad that it'll prob get you killed the first time you try to use it.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Do you have representation in all the classes? I would imagine some would be quite rare. Bard, Enchanter, Shaman, Druid... you have to have pretty big balls to play them.
Yeah we have like 180 now so tons of everything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I could be miss remembering guilds, but I vaguely remember an FOH necro FD'd in the path of cazic, and back when you could give npc's items, gave cazic a haste weapon/item and the dispell magic sword. Celestial Tomb got raped repeatedly by Cazic as I recall. Funniest shit I think ever happened on Veeshan.
Lol we gave Tormax Sword of sky
fire once. It was amazing.

• 2Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Xerxes was usually the reason I would leave #fires back in the mirc days after about 15 minutes in there. Furor telling him to stfu constantly was amusing though.

We also had a guild on Nameless start and fail the the ring war so we couldnt kill Dain, that was pretty good

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We had a level 32 Shaman die today, our highest level in the guild. He got killed by Lodizal while he was linking his sweet loot in the guild lol.

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
chanter goes from very appealing to... It's still the most powerful thing you can do, even without charm and you played it safe... but man it sure does seem like the chanter dies first every time stuff goes badly.

In terms of actually just awful to play on here... I imagine rogue is still the worst... druid can heal/snare/root/gate so they can survive fine. shammy slow/heal/sow they are fine.

As much as I love SK, they are prob really rough to play with these rules too. Very dependent on gear, FD spell is so bad that it'll prob get you killed the first time you try to use it.
So basically Live for SK pre-Velious. Though I'll definitely say that as a SK on Live from Vanilla onwards, it was all about figuring out attack patterns/hits. I knew when to start casting FD based upon what just hit me (they would have cooldowns on shit like kick/swipe/whatever, and then just autoattack) and autoattack wasn't usually enough to overcome concentration checks. It's very similar to how to be a "tap tank" as a SK when you are probably overmatched dps wise by the monster. Learning how to swing/cast/swing was extremely important, and knowing when to do shit like Fear(or whatever level) or when to start spamming Darkness spells until one stuck, etc.

To this day, the most bespoke and autistic gaming experience I can remember was being a primary pulling SK for a guild, while also being one of the main offtanks/kiters for fights with relatively untankable adds. A ton of fun and great to figure out how to basically chain-train a raid within their capabilities, to clear shit as quickly as possible within constraints.

There's no way to pull off that kind of class knowledge again, I don't think. It was extremely tribal, and the top end members of the class on each server spoke to each other specifically about strats/etc at the high end; nobody was explaining on breaking up CT spawns to farm Dreadforge. It was all "And then the fucking TT got me and I knew his spawn path was bullshit but it's here now; don't get fucked if you can avoid it."

Druzzil was the best.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I took a screen right after it happened, but it doesn't have the actual zap in it. Was 5 in the morning on november the 7th 1999 back when cazic would randomly zap people farming armor from across the zone.

View attachment 332954

I think she was a bard, Aika Rydeen from the team Japan guild <Silence>. Team Japan would sort of cycle in for the night shift and keep it broken enough that people could zone in and make it to the west wall.

Bards got zapped alot.

OG female wood elf model is so hot.

• 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
We had a level 32 Shaman die today, our highest level in the guild. He got killed by Lodizal while he was linking his sweet loot in the guild lol.

Today in a Burning Lands raid I got hit by an easily-avoidable DT emote because I was distracted typing smack... calling out someone else who had been repeatedly failing the emote.

Yep. I still narrowly missed dodging the emote by about one second, too. Point is, don't be typing a bunch of stuff when you're standing in the middle of a firefight.

FOMO is setting in. I want to play a necro or monk on the next TLP, but maybe I could get some practice in with a no-death run. It looks like my name is taken on Agnarr though. Maybe I'll make a monk named Geena Carano

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Today in a Burning Lands raid I got hit by an easily-avoidable DT emote because I was distracted typing smack... calling out someone else who had been repeatedly failing the emote.

Yep. I still narrowly missed dodging the emote by about one second, too. Point is, don't be typing a bunch of stuff when you're standing in the middle of a firefight.

FOMO is setting in. I want to play a necro or monk on the next TLP, but maybe I could get some practice in with a no-death run. It looks like my name is taken on Agnarr though. Maybe I'll make a monk named Geena Carano
Think someone made an Ogre Shaman named Gina Carano lol.

• 2Worf