Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I dunno why, I always enjoy vanilla levelling quite a bit . This time I hope I can get over the kunark (aka the worst X-Pac in MMO history) hump and really go hard in velious and beyond.

Gonna play Pantheon too, but probably won't be on the level. At least for the race anyway.
Kunark worst xpac? Did you even LoY, GoD or OoW? I assume expansions after OoW were also shit

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Korrupt Korrupt tbh I am looking forward to world 1st racing with you again. Last one I did is Wildstar with DnT. Since then, there just isn't any decent raiding-focus MMO (except FF14, but that game looks gay as fuck)

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
If I do it I'll make 'The Wire' based characters, possibly Weebay the rogue or Brother Malzone

rad

Lord of Guk
True a better description was more 6 people boxing 9-12, remember Grisvok and I had the one group that wiped. I dont think anyone else ever wiped but us lol. We were trying to prove Vox can be slowed since everyone seems to think she can't and Webin did once.

I spent multiple fights trying to slow her and nothing ever stuck. I've seen sheets saying its possible though so...

@Regime How bout some more 2am WDC bats sir? :D

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The irony is that Phinny was the absolutely most casual friendly and polite EQ server ever by a landslide... except for the very top and open world shit. If you avoided efreeti, vp keys, and didn't get boners thinking about the sleeper sleeping? Great times. If you judge the server by the official forums? Worst server ever.

Don't read the official forums. But if you mean DRAMA then that is a big portion of what made old EQ great, the flames forums.

Thrudd

Silver Knight of the Realm
Kunark worst xpac? Did you even LoY, GoD or OoW? I assume expansions after OoW were also shit

Kunark was an amazing xpac. LoY was kinda a filler until real xpacs were made. GoD was absolutely the worse xpac IMO. After that, OoW was actually good.

Thrudd

Btw, I know I'm new here, but I'm interested in racing with you guys in Agnarr when it hits.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
GoD is might actually be the best early expansion currently. Kunark is awful, there's so little real content.

Thrudd

It was terrible when it first came out though. It might be good now that people know what to expect and know the strats, but back then it was a nightmare. GoD was easily the most skipped over xpac when it came out.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Kunark gave you like 3-4 zones to get xp for 10 levels that equaled out to (at least) the same amount of exp as 1-50. It was a major pain in the ass and aside from epics and a few other pieces, the gear wasn't even majorly better. The dragons were way harder with the same loot even.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Kunark gave you like 3-4 zones to get xp for 10 levels that equaled out to (at least) the same amount of exp as 1-50. It was a major pain in the ass and aside from epics and a few other pieces, the gear wasn't even majorly better. The dragons were way harder with the same loot even.
All I'm saying is it was far from the worst.

Thrudd

I don't know. After raiding Hate, Fear, and Sky for 6 months before Kunark came out, it was pretty amazing at the time of release. And the gear at the time from Kunark was amazing compared to the crap classic had also.

If you look at it from a perspective of gear compared through all the xpacs, then yeah, Kunark was crap, BUT during release in 2000 I think, it was a major step up. And you have to remember, back then, leveling was slow and grueling compared to what it is now

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
My rankings (Played through OOW):

#1: Planes of Power
#1: Velious

Both awesome.

#3: Kunark

#4: Luclin

--------

Everything else

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Thrudd

Kunark was also like 30 zones which included newbie zones since iksar had to have a place to level. You also had Veeshan Peak which was the first real raid zone where lossing wasn't an option or you might just be screwed if you die with no way to get your corpse