Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
So, I'm busy AF this weekend, starting tomorrow (booo)

Dont know if its even worth jumping in next Tuesday.

I mean, i want to (as a casual scrub)....But I also wanna play with the foh bros.

Last edited:

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
So, I'm busy AF this weekend, starting tomorrow (booo)

Dont know if its even worth jumping in next Tuesday.

I mean, i want to (as a casual scrub)....But I also wanna play with the foh bros.
Server lasts a long time. Some of us will drop after the first few months but most of us will be around for quite some time. A couple days doesn't mean much in the long run other than you will have to PuG sometimes.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Kewl. We have major archtype needs on the scrubby side? Something that solos half-decent, and is of value to a group, would be fucking killer.

Thinking Sham or Bard?

Doesn't Bard solo tank hard 55+?

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
What custom helms do you guys think look the best? For me its Iksar then Gnome. Man I loved Custom cowls.. probably my favorite item from EQ

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Anyone else want to set up something for the 2nd weekend? Myself and a buddy are starting then, and whoever is missing this b/c of holidays etc is welcome to join.

Also, Flobee said he would blow whoever PL'd us. And thats a big deal, b/c he has no teeth.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
The draw's too strong, going to play at least opening weekend pretty hard. After the first week though will probably drop to one or two days a week, which with instances I guess works for raiding even. Going to play ench instead of necro this time if anyone needs one gimme a yell (Caleros and Vierge are both going to play too I think, probably clr/shm for classic).

Looking forward to playing with some familiar faces.

kudos

<Banned>
I'll be playing from like 5pm-2am Wed/Thur and then the entire weekend from Friday night through Monday night (or until I pass out). If anyone is interested in that time frame hit me up.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Classic goes on for three months. Plenty of time to do anything you'd like to do.

Initially I thought this was a bad move. I wanted it quicker or for them to just release it at PoP but honestly, I think i'll enjoy bringing 2-3 characters up and going through some of the classic stuff. Especially with it being summer. It will give everyone plenty of time to settle into position for Kunark and beyond. May actually prove to be a good move on DBG's part.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Initially I thought this was a bad move. I wanted it quicker or for them to just release it at PoP but honestly, I think i'll enjoy bringing 2-3 characters up and going through some of the classic stuff. Especially with it being summer. It will give everyone plenty of time to settle into position for Kunark and beyond. May actually prove to be a good move on DBG's part.

Ditto. I've never really played a second class in EQ; always just played a shaman. Would be nice if I had time to try out some other ones for a change without getting rushed.

For the guild, should we be making an app if we're just casualing it up or is posting in the access thread enough?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm leaning towards wizards since I prefer to group and they are pretty good for raiding but Necros are much more useful doing stuff on your own. Any opinions on what I should roll?

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Yep. During my EQ days only played a SK and did that for years. Boxed a sham during the last year but my foot was already out the door. That was a decade ago. Since then I've become a mmo altaholic and a filthy casual. If I stick with this server then the 12 weeks is pretty good. Will give me a chance to possibly play the classes I couldn't spare the time for during the classic era.... Monk, Enchanter and if I'm super motivated, Warrior.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm leaning towards wizards since I prefer to group and they are pretty good for raiding but Necros are much more useful doing stuff on your own. Any opinions on what I should roll?

Necros are pretty good in groups, too. They have so many more tools and their mana regen is always sky high. I found Wizards to get boring after a while and if you don't have an Enc they suffer a lot.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Necros are pretty good in groups, too. They have so many more tools and their mana regen is always sky high. I found Wizards to get boring after a while and if you don't have an Enc they suffer a lot.
Necro's are pretty great that's what I played on Phini, I didn't get to do much raiding with Faceless though and I am not sure how useful/ in demand they will be on raids. This is PoP locked right? So necro's won't get their good dps bump from GoD.

Last edited:

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
From what I've read, EQ now has something called Kronos which are tokens (I guess) that give you playing time and can be sold for real money. Apparently, this has created problems on past progression servers as it invites bots to take over most of the camps that provide rare items which are later traded for the Kronos.

• 1Salty

kudos

<Banned>
WHY THE FUCK CAN I NOT GIVE DAYBREAK MY MONEY? I LITERALLY CANNOT PURCHASE ALL ACCESS. THEIR WEBSITE IS SUCH SHIT.